General Discussion Forum

Yah i agree the v959's not the most sturdy but did help get some solid practice in enough so where I know how to fly quads pretty well. I will look into the other types of batteries and thanks for the advice because I would of gotten the DJI batteries otherwise. Which props should I get? And any decent gimbals for 50$ or less? Are prop guards worth it? DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OLD GEAR I CAN HAVE FOR FREE? And what is the best solution for traveling with the Phantom?

Pkbros1 said:
Yah i agree the v959's not the most sturdy but did help get some solid practice in enough so where I know how to fly quads pretty well. I will look into the other types of batteries and thanks for the advice because I would of gotten the DJI batteries otherwise. Which props should I get? And any decent gimbals for 50$ or less? Are prop guards worth it? DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OLD GEAR I CAN HAVE FOR FREE? And what is the best solution for traveling with the Phantom?

Yeah, if you find better / cheaper batteries, share them here. So far those Turnigy $10 + $5 shipping ones are the best deals I've seen that have been around for a while.

Re:props... Lots of us have asked that here and in other forums. It seems like for 1.1.1 and P2 flyers the general consensus is that the DJI self-tightening ones are pretty **** good. I started flying my 1.1.1 at the first week of the year and are still on my original ones though I've banged them up pretty well. I also bought a balancer and found that they were nearly balanced from the get go. I still shaved a little material off but not much.

Re:prop guards... I love mine. One day I'll fly well enough to not need them and save a little weight. For now, they've saved me from not just breaking some props but saved my P1 from falling out of the sky after some elevated bumps into trees and things.... not to mention some bad landings. I'm slowly getting better with my flying but still a big time amateur. Some videos: https://vimeo.com/user24382551

Re:gimbals... there are some cheap $70 ones but I don't have experience with them. You'll find lots of them posted. I don't know of any $50 ones.

Re:traveling... If you're not buying a case (or even making one yourself), take the props and prop guards off and just shove them in the box like you're thinking of doing anyway. The pain in the butt thing though is that you'll need to take off the landing gear and whatever crap you've strapped on it also.

FlyingFanta said:
Pkbros1 said:

Yeah, if you find better / cheaper batteries, share them here. So far those Turnigy $10 + $5 shipping ones are the best deals I've seen that have been around for a while.

Re:props... Lots of us have asked that here and in other forums. It seems like for 1.1.1 and P2 flyers the general consensus is that the DJI self-tightening ones are pretty **** good. I started flying my 1.1.1 at the first week of the year and are still on my original ones though I've banged them up pretty well. I also bought a balancer and found that they were nearly balanced from the get go. I still shaved a little material off but not much.

Re:prop guards... I love mine. One day I'll fly well enough to not need them and save a little weight. For now, they've saved me from not just breaking some props but saved my P1 from falling out of the sky after some elevated bumps into trees and things.... not to mention some bad landings. I'm slowly getting better with my flying but still a big time amateur. Some videos: https://vimeo.com/user24382551

Re:gimbals... there are some cheap $70 ones but I don't have experience with them. You'll find lots of them posted. I don't know of any $50 ones.

Re:traveling... If you're not buying a case (or even making one yourself), take the props and prop guards off and just shove them in the box like you're thinking of doing anyway. The pain in the butt thing though is that you'll need to take off the landing gear and whatever crap you've strapped on it also.

Hi, thanks for writing back, I checked out your vimeo and there is some cool stuff, and so what gimbal under 100$ would you reccomend, please send a link, and if you know of any good do it yourself videos on make a DIY Phantom case please link me to that. Lastly, it'd be cool if you private messaged me so we could talk because on your vimeo I noticed your from Houston and so am I.

Pkbros1 said:
Hi, thanks for writing back, I checked out your vimeo and there is some cool stuff, and so what gimbal under 100$ would you reccomend, please send a link, and if you know of any good do it yourself videos on make a DIY Phantom case please link me to that. Lastly, it'd be cool if you private messaged me so we could talk because on your vimeo I noticed your from Houston and so am I.

Nice, PM'ing soon. :)

Re:gimbals, I don't have any experience with them so anything I write will be suspect. My expectation is to get a gimbal for my Phantom for stable video after I build a sportier/faster one for high speed flying-between-stuff type of flying. For now, the extra weight and cost isn't very appealing to me right now. I know I've only been flying for 2 months but the Phantom feels like a boat. A lot of it is my piloting skills but now that I've seen the smaller quads in person, I want one.

I have the BC 20-4 battery charger and it blinks red alternating from cell status and 1s. I have opened it up and it is not burnt anywhere. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix or a suggestion on a different charger?

How to get 5 volt power to your phantom without messing with main board or the controller .Phantom has a 11.5 volt auxillary cable so if you got a old car phone charger you can take it apart and use it to get your 5 volts

bkocar said:
How to get 5 volt power to your phantom without messing with main board or the controller .Phantom has a 11.5 volt auxillary cable so if you got a old car phone charger you can take it apart and use it to get your 5 volts

Or just use one of the 5v outputs from the Naza?

Just received my phantom 2. Charged the battery, have 4 green lights, turned on the controller, turned on the phantom, 4 green lights, on off button flashes red then turns off any thoughts

is it possible to recover ur phantom if if falls in to the bushes , can DJI create a an upgrade sorftware the will allow you as a user to switch the trasnmitter into lost mode so that the phantom may play a beeping sound or wht eva that will make easy to find , or else the transmitter it self make a beeping sound when ur closer the phantom , or jst create a tracking device or appliction so u may be able to scan and find it b4 sumone else does. cause it a relly expencieve toy
:|

There is a new online community for UAV enthusiasts loads of great functions and the best place to meet others in your area. Geo tag your location, location of your flights/footage and share with others, find paid work and much more.

www.dronedup.com

Be the community.

JimJammin said:
There is a new online community for UAV enthusiasts loads of great functions and the best place to meet others in your area. Geo tag your location, location of your flights/footage and share with others, find paid work and much more.

http://www.dronedup.com

Be the community.

Oops...already full.

EDIT: nevermind, I got a few errors initially saying the server couldn't handle the request :)

Question ??
I am new to all of this and I have the phantom 2 with h3-2d zenmuse gimbal
could someone give me some suggestions. I am wanting to get into FPV
what would be the best way to go (for a newbie) and what all would I need

Rhudspeth said:
Question ??

I went with the Fatshark FPV system and got their Attitude V2 goggles. Didn't have a clue how to set it up so I threw a local model shop a few ££'s and came back a few hours later and it was all ready.
It's a good idea to also get iosd which will give you flight data, altitude, distance, speed, battery. But that's only £50.

dtdyer01 said:
Rhudspeth said:
Question ??

I went with the Fatshark FPV system and got their Attitude V2 goggles. Didn't have a clue how to set it up so I threw a local model shop a few ££'s and came back a few hours later and it was all ready.
It's a good idea to also get iosd which will give you flight data, altitude, distance, speed, battery. But that's only £50.

YES!!! Definitely get the iOSD. It's great knowing how high and how far you are. Also it provides you info on the number of satelites you're linked with and how much battery you've got remaining. It's a worthwhile investment. Good Luck!

FangsCPO said:
dtdyer01 said:
Rhudspeth said:
Question ??

YES!!! Definitely get the iOSD. It's great knowing how high and how far you are. Also it provides you info on the number of satelites you're linked with and how much battery you've got remaining. It's a worthwhile investment. Good Luck!

any suggestions if I don't want a goggle system?

FangsCPO said:
Rhudspeth said:
FangsCPO said:
any suggestions if I don't want a goggle system?

Here's what I use. It's been pretty good for me. There are probably better ones out there but I found this to be pretty easy to use and setup. It's also nice not to have a bunch of cables hanging off your radio or having the carry a lipo strapped to the outside of the monitor. Good Luck!

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one-fpv-combo-deluxe.html

Thanks for all the info it helps alot

I had a crash and now I cant get full tilt up anyone have any suggestions on calibration of the gimbal ? everything works fine just wont come up quite as far as it did before crash and it goes past 90 looking down

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl