General Discussion Forum

SteveT1 said:
Adam, my PM message is sitting in the outbox.....not going out or to the sent Any ideas
Recipient has not read it yet. That's how this forum works.

RIDETOEAT said:
Sounds crazy but there is a video out there of it happening, guy was claiming 6000' and not enough batt. so he free fell it, might be a firmware rev. over time as I am told they will not shut down now if in flight.

No, that's not true. A CSC command will shut down the motors in flight - it's obviously intended for emergency use only.

That dude was over people and houses, I think he is bad for the sport/hobby doing such a thing, " avoidable".

Totally agree.

Hello everyone, new here.
I own the phantom vision +2 and really enjoy it. So much so that I purchased the Epson DT-200 FPV glasses. My problem is that I need to "side load" the DJI app and I'm unable to transfer it to the SIM card in my android phone. Does anyone have an option? I have tried going through the application manager and while successful loading other items the DJI app will not allow its transfer. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Can anyone clarify what are the FAA rules for flying drones? They say that it has to be strictly for hobbies and recreational purposes, and not for commercial or payment purposes. But what if you are into filmmaking, and we fly the drone to take aerial footages say for a wedding or something and get paid for it. Is that against the law ?

You've answered it yourself.
not for commercial or payment purposes. But what if .. take aerial footages say for a wedding or something and get paid for it.
If you get paid, that is commercial and the FAA is quite disapproving of it.
Read what the FAA says for yourself. http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDe ... -0396-0001

Meta- When I read this a couple of months ago, I was somewhat alarmed to see the AMA get itself written into the regulations:

Section 336(a)(2) requires model aircraft to be operated within a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization.
(7) “[C]ommunity-based organizations,” for example, would include groups such as the Academy of Model Aeronautics and others that meet the statutory definition

What's scary about this is that the AMA has been and still is hostile to multi-rotor operations and expressly hostile to FPV. The AMA is *not* our friend.

theabductee said:
Hi All, New DJI Owner from the UK

I've owned an AR.Drone and a few indoor copters, and finally going legit

looking to have its of fun and get some great video and photos with my P2V+

however I have a nooby question.

I bought my P2V+ 2nd hand as it came with a load of extras, they guy said he's only flown it for about 3 hours, but I think its taken more than that from the condition of it, anyway the very first thing i noticed was that as soon as i removed the camera gimbal support the camera just flopped and pointed downwards

with the power on it does stabilise and point at at 45 degree angle by default (thats with out me touching the app to change the annoy or without the app even being connected) but as soon as i power off it flops down again

not is that normal cos I've never seen a video or photo inline that looks like that

thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

That is exactly what they all do. That is why you want to remove the gimbal holder and the lens cap. the gimbal holder so the gimbal can do its centering routine and the lens cap because it is heavy and can maybe hurt a motor.

When it is on, go ahead and raise the camera in the vision software. Notice that if you move the quad around the camera stays pointing straight ahead. that is a smooth operating gimbal.. It sounds like your gimbal is, at the very least, starting ok and should work fine.

they guy said he's only flown it for about 3 hours, but I think its taken more than that from the condition of it

He probably crashed every time he flew it.

Where is an appropriate place to post questions and suggestions about the way the actual forum works?

I'd satart with PM-ing Adam.

GPS Tablet

Hello, I am looking to get a low price Android Tablet that has GPS. This will be used with the Phantom Vision+ so any help would be very much appreciated. I have seen some under $100 but before I order anything I wanted to see what others say or recommend. My issue is that without built in GPS I either have to save a map or it is very out of focus.

Thank you

Grandpa Jake

Attachments

• jqx5phantom.JPG
    jqx5phantom.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 593
Re: POSTING VIDEOS?

Sorry if this is idiotic, but...

I have noticed that some people have posted videos directly to the board, as opposed to a link to another site. I have tried, and it does not work as an attachment.

How is this done?

Phantom motors ?

This topic has been addressed before but I don't believe an answer was given.

Does anyone know how long the motors last on the Phantom 2, is there a way to know its time to replace ?

Is there a way to test them ? I would hate to be flying and have a motor go out.

Thanks for your help

Joe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor