General Discussion Forum

Can we open a new forum? One titled : Flytrex. just for discussion of flytrex stuff, questions, ideas, etc.
thanks

I too crashed my P2V+. Took out a motor and broke the ESC in half. Also pulled a plug receptacle off the main board. Yes it landed hard. Before I started repairs I tried to power on. I got almost all of power on tone before the battery shut down. Replaced the shell one motor and ESC and main board. When finished I tried to power on. On the second push all the bars light up plus the red LED. But no tone (that tone comes from the battery). Then I hear a click like a relay opening (also comes from the battery) and it shuts down. I tried all batteries and all do the same thing. But they work just fine in my other P2V+. I've checked every wire, cable and connector all looks good. Any ideas?

I too crashed my P2V+. Took out a motor and broke the ESC in half. Also pulled a plug receptacle off the main board. Yes it landed hard. Before I started repairs I tried to power on. I got almost all of power on tone before the battery shut down. Replaced the shell one motor and ESC and main board. When finished I tried to power on. On the second push all the bars light up plus the red LED. But no tone (that tone comes from the battery). Then I hear a click like a relay opening (also comes from the battery) and it shuts down. I tried all batteries and all do the same thing. But they work just fine in my other P2V+. I've checked every wire, cable and connector all looks good. Any ideas?

Hi all.
I am a newbie to both this forum and any flying machines.
I have purchased a pre-owned Phantom 2 vision +, however my phone is not compatible to fly it and I don't own an Ipad.

Its a lovely day in the North of Scotland, but all I can do is search for the most suitable phone or ipad to compliment my purchase.

I would fully appreciate the knowledge and experiences of this forum members to make the right purchase first time.
I don't particularly need a phone, so any suitable gadget for the dedicated use with the Phantom would be good.

Regards
Milly

Post by Milly » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:36 am

Hi all.
I am a newbie to both this forum and any flying machines.
I have purchased a pre-owned Phantom 2 vision +, however my phone is not compatible to fly it and I don't own an Ipad.

Its a lovely day in the North of Scotland, but all I can do is search for the most suitable phone or ipad to compliment my purchase.

I would fully appreciate the knowledge and experiences of this forum members to make the right purchase first time.
I don't particularly need a phone, so any suitable gadget for the dedicated use with the Phantom would be good.

Regards
Milly

Re: General Discussion Forum PLEASE HELP

Hello,
I have a DJI Phantom 2 V. 2.0 and just plugged it into a laptop. I took it outside and turned it on and the started getting a solid red error light. I plugged it back into my laptop and it said "Error-29", it explains how to repair this problem but I have no clue what they mean. Anyone have a simpler way of helping me? It also said CSG-Error.

PLEASE HELPPPPPPP

Thanks

Willard, Milly and glataif,

Welcome to the forum.
I don't think people monitor this thread much. Jump right in and start a thread or post in an existing one.
Cheers!

I'm looking for a good Phantom 2 (non vision) fpv setup, preferably using a tablet or phone instead of a monitor. I don't want to use a fatshark system or a black pearl. So basically can I set up fpv with a tablet like a nexus 7 or something? I need this setup for filming with a gopro so any suggestions on what components to pick and will a tablet work?

Koala, I can't say, but you should post this as a new thread. Only new people read this top sticky thread.

KoalaPilot said:
I'm looking for a good Phantom 2 (non vision) fpv setup, preferably using a tablet or phone instead of a monitor. I don't want to use a fatshark system or a black pearl. So basically can I set up fpv with a tablet like a nexus 7 or something? I need this setup for filming with a gopro so any suggestions on what components to pick and will a tablet work?

Can't be done because your GoPro to tablet wifi would interfere with Phantom2 transmit frequency.

Yes I know that EMCSQUAR, but with a FPV system/transmitter going from your gopro to the tablet wouldn't that work?

I have a phantom 2 gopro, on lift off it tilts one way real hard. it doesn't lift straight up
what can I do to correct this

Edwardstanza said:
Hello everyone, new here.
I own the phantom vision +2 and really enjoy it. So much so that I purchased the Epson DT-200 FPV glasses. My problem is that I need to "side load" the DJI app and I'm unable to transfer it to the SIM card in my android phone. Does anyone have an option? I have tried going through the application manager and while successful loading other items the DJI app will not allow its transfer. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I don't have FPV a, but you will get an answer in the FPV topic. I didn't know this thread existed until a day ago! It seems to not have a topic and we have "off topic" for that. So, I don't know why this exists!

Want to contribute and make a few dollars as well??

Share Your Knowledge, Earn DJI Credit

DJI is offering a unique opportunity to our most knowledgeable and helpful fans. This is your chance to share your expertise with the community and help educate pilots around the world.

Simply write an article that would be suitable for the DJI Wiki (http://wiki.dji.com/en/), and if we accept it, you will get $30 USD of DJI Credit.

Some sample topics are listed below. Pick a topic, write your article, then send it to [email protected] to submit.

Or if you have ideas on a topic not listed here, simply send your idea to the e-mail above, and we’ll let you know if it’s ok to go ahead with it.

All submissions must be received by Tuesday, January 27, 2015.

Possible DJI Wiki Topics:

Flight Controllers
Best gain settings for different payloads
Intro to different remotes for A2
Intro to different remotes for WKM
Best controller/channel setups for different situations
Troubleshooting tips
Maintenance and care

Spreading Wings
Minimizing vibrations with various setups
Octo vs. Hexa
Troubleshooting tips
Maintenance and care

Inspire 1
1080 vs 4K
Filmmaking tips
Troubleshooting tips
Maintenance and care

Phantom 2 Vision+
Aerial photography tips
Photo editing tips
Video editing tips
When to recalibrate the IMU
Flying safe
Troubleshooting tips
Maintenance and care

Ronin
SmoothTrack settings for different kinds of shoots
Unique shots that the Ronin makes easy
Troubleshooting tips
Maintenance and care

Zenmuse
Why are there different gimbals for different cameras?
Troubleshooting tips
Maintenance and care

RULES

1. Submissions must be received in Word (.doc or .docx) format with the file name containing the author’s name and topic.
2. Submissions must be received on or before the date specified above.
3. Only submissions on the topics provided will be accepted. Each document must only contain one topic.
4. If you desire to write articles beyond appointed topics scope, you should get our approval first. Approval will be given in the order topics are received. And the participant who first submits a new topic will have the chance to write the article accordingly.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
http://event.dji.com/terms/wiki

PhantomFanatic said:
Hi,
I don't have FPV a, but you will get an answer in the FPV topic. I didn't know this thread existed until a day ago! It seems to not have a topic and we have "off topic" for that. So, I don't know why this exists!

I think this is "On Topic". In "off topic" you might find discussions about making paper airplanes or the many uses for goat cheese.

I noticed DJI has requested some information. I'll offer some Wiki stuff to DJI on the 29th. Gonna hold out for at least $35 though. :lol:

I am not getting any LIVE video feedback from my Phantom 2 vision+ to my phone, LG G2, it was working fine for a couple months but all of a sudden, the next time I tried flying, I got no live video feedback, everything else is working ok, it still takes pictures and videos, I just can't see my first person video on my phone

IflyinWY said:
PhantomFanatic said:
Hi,

I think this is "On Topic". In "off topic" you might find discussions about making paper airplanes or the many uses for goat cheese.

I noticed DJI has requested some information. I'll offer some Wiki stuff to DJI on the 29th. Gonna hold out for at least $35 though. :lol:

Then this topic is "General Discussion" yet that is the title for posting below. I just don't get it. I hate to see newbies posting here, out of confusion and not getting help. Oh well, if it makes sense to you, that's great! :)

Edit: Look up about two posts. Someone needs help and no one helped. This person will decide this forum is useless and leave. But, if he created a headline and posted below, he would have gotten help. What I'm trying to say is that a free flowing discussion HERE is great if you love it. But, looking back, so many people aren't being helped.

koczandubay said:
I am not getting any LIVE video feedback from my Phantom 2 vision+ to my phone, LG G2, it was working fine for a couple months but all of a sudden, the next time I tried flying, I got no live video feedback, everything else is working ok, it still takes pictures and videos, I just can't see my first person video on my phone

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

I wish I could help you, but the best place to get help is in the FPV section. Post below it where you see headlines from everyone. Make a headline, with your question, give the details as you just did and I'm sure that you will be helped. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT