General Discussion Forum

rth help

i have a phantom v1.1.1

does anybody no if i enter rth either via turning remote of are going out of range is there anyway way of raigaing controll if need be

also ive just got some carbon blades slightly longer than original props seem to work ok but when decending the phantom really wobbles about i havent changed any gains are anything should i change the gains and if so whats best to change them to thanks

hello there everybody..i am new to this phantom hobby learning fast but need help..

i have fitted one of the chinese good luck gimal things..finally got it all working inc the
tilt control.but when i tilt cam down it gets about 3/4 of its way downward and starts
to judder..?? any ideas out there answers on a postcard you could win a prize lol..only messing
but any ideas of what to adjust or change be much appreciated

DJI

Anyone know what the acronym "DJI" stands for?

Re: DJI

npalen said:
Anyone know what the acronym "DJI" stands for?

There's no direct information that I found, but it may be Da-Jiang (meaning Great Territory) Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd..

Need some help in San Jose, Ca

I really need some help from a Phantom Pilot in San Jose, Ca.
I'm planning on getting a DJI PHANTOM, but first I need to learn how to fly. So I bought a HeliMax 230si.
Here where I need some help. I crashed it into a tree and I need some one to do a fly over to help me locate it.
If you can give me a hand I would greatly appreciate it.

-Crashed
[email protected]

Just want to say hello. New member. Been lurking for a while. Have a P2 + H3-3D + Gopro 3.

Been enjoying every moment with it so far.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410090287336.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410090287336.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 388
With or with camera equip.

Brand new to quads and have been studying online for a week. Started out looking at the blade 350 QX but have landed here for sure.

I am primarily interested in just sport flying but see almost all of the quad hobby here is " w/video ". Do many of you fly for fun or maybe you do and record as you go cause you can. I am just thinking of the cost of P2 vs P2V+ , when I crash, at least for a while it seem like it could happen. WIll the video become important to me quickly and make me wish I would have opted to a camera platform ?? FWIW, I can afford either I suppose but video was just not what got me started. Opinions...???

///////////////

See A few days later below ....

Edit: , It's been a week or so since the above post now and I bought the V+ and yes, video is a huge part of the hobby. I decided I had to have it somewhat based on the averages of who buys what here on the forums and the activity level of the sections. The other factor is at 50 now I don't have my 20 y.o. eyes and the smaller models are less fun to fly these days and I knew I would tire of it w/o something more engaging and the FPV could help from both fronts. Well I hit the nail on the head for sure. I will always have at least one camera / FPV multirotor in my fleet from now on.

Doug Doty...

Pack em' up! Nine Phantom batteries fully charged, 384gb of SD cards formatted, a 24pk of fresh AA batteries and all accessories checked. Also (but not pictured) Canon DSLR bodies, Canon L glass from 16mm to 300mm at f/2.8, Lee filters, induro tripods, markins ballheads, and 20 Canon LP-E6 batteries ready also. GoPro's, Laptop, and all I need is somewhere to go and a full ice chest.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 478
NAZA Failsafe Behavior Question for real GURUs

Hi All,

Looking for some Devine Tech wisdom or at least a definitive answer to a nagging question (this is not a trick question but a real scenario) : What would the NAZA FC do in this example scenario (In any of the Phantom 2's or visions) with current firmware .

You started up your phantom as usual and receive confirmation of 6+ satellites with Green LEDs , you are in GPS mode and take off on a mountain top at say 2000 meters altitude. You also see confirmation that the home point location has been set. Next: You fly "down" into the valley below to a altitude of say 1000 meters and for whatever reason, failsafe is triggered at the altitude of 1000 meters or -1000 meters below home point altitude. (assuming you have enough battery power left for a return to home), what would the behavior of the NAZA flight controller be in a return to home situation such as this and why? I have had many different answers on other discussion boards and am hoping to get an accurate answer better than "Gee.. I dunno" , or "I have wondered that myself...maybe I'll test that someday.." and my favorite: "It will rise 20 meters above 1000 and then vanish in thin air.. why, because that's cool"

someone please rescue me :)

The barometer is capable of resolving 'negative altitude' in reference to it's take off point.
Thus, it will rise to 20 meters above take off point, altitude, height, whatever you want to call it and march home.

N017RW said:
The barometer is capable of resolving 'negative altitude' in reference to it's take off point.
Thus, it will rise to 20 meters above take off point, altitude, height, whatever you want to call it and march home.

Thank you!

Hello everyone, new to this forum and I am thinking of buying a DJI phantom 2. I am looking at the DSLRpros kit between the toronto and the sundance kit. Where the major difference is the receiver.

The toronto kit comes with the Phantom FC40 DJI receiver and the sundance kit comes with a Futaba D8FGS transmitter. Will it make a significant amount of difference?

Also any advice on what should i expect and watch out for??

Thank you!

Save your money. Buy a stock one and do all the work yourself. Those things are overpriced. IMHO.

Turn off in air and turn on again

Has anyone turned off in the air (600 feet plus) and turned on again and saved it?

Sounds crazy but there is a video out there of it happening, guy was claiming 6000' and not enough batt. so he free fell it, might be a firmware rev. over time as I am told they will not shut down now if in flight. That dude was over people and houses, I think he is bad for the sport/hobby doing such a thing, " avoidable".

Hi All, New DJI Owner from the UK

I've owned an AR.Drone and a few indoor copters, and finally going legit

looking to have its of fun and get some great video and photos with my P2V+

however I have a nooby question.

I bought my P2V+ 2nd hand as it came with a load of extras, they guy said he's only flown it for about 3 hours, but I think its taken more than that from the condition of it, anyway the very first thing i noticed was that as soon as i removed the camera gimbal support the camera just flopped and pointed downwards

with the power on it does stabilise and point at at 45 degree angle by default (thats with out me touching the app to change the annoy or without the app even being connected) but as soon as i power off it flops down again

not is that normal cos I've never seen a video or photo inline that looks like that

thanks

Andy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl