General Discussion Forum

Im in Houston TX, westside, Wilcrest & Memorial area. AM i correct that this unit only has a 500 to 700 mtr range, I may just post some signs.

clfpole said:
Im in Houston TX, westside, Wilcrest & Memorial area. AM i correct that this unit only has a 500 to 700 mtr range, I may just post some signs.

A few signs would probably do it. It can go much farther than 500 meters (several thousand in perfect conditions) but it is likely you are right - the owner is probably within your general neighborhood. They are relatively expensive toys so the owner should be grateful (and looking for it!).

hi there, new user and first post and guessing this might be a basic question but.....whilst my win8 pc shows my controller as connected, the rc assistant program doesn't, so I can't configure the controller. this is brand new controller and phantom, not been used or flown. new fully charged batteries, have tried re installing rc assistant several times and tried different usb cables. am i being thick? thanks
sorted, i was being thick had not installed drivers correctly!

this may be a bit basic, but how do i download videos taken with phantom vision 2 plus onto my win8 pc and view them? what program works best to view and/or edit videos? I can't seem to find a program that will let me view videos, only stills??

Wyenut said:
this may be a bit basic, but how do i download videos taken with phantom vision 2 plus onto my win8 pc and view them? what program works best to view and/or edit videos? I can't seem to find a program that will let me view videos, only stills??

just take the card out of the camera and move the data over to your PC. You can use any of the onboard apps to view, or just try VLC (from videolan) It's a pretty good all round player. However, if you want to edit you might want to try GoPro Studio (it's free).

Hope that helps

Bmews

Wyenut said:
hi there, new user and first post and guessing this might be a basic question but.....whilst my win8 pc shows my controller as connected, the rc assistant program doesn't, so I can't configure the controller. this is brand new controller and phantom, not been used or flown. new fully charged batteries, have tried re installing rc assistant several times and tried different usb cables. am i being thick? thanks
sorted, i was being thick had not installed drivers correctly!

ok. make sure you have installed the DJI-WIN driver (it's another download from DJI). If you run your cable into the transmitter you should then switch it on and start the RC controller. You're better off just running the Phantom 2 Vision+ assistant software and cabling up your P2V+ to your PC. Again, you MUST have the DJI-WIN driver installed.

hope this helps

Bmews

indian-beach-wallpaper.jpg

Test :

Just a friendly sysadmin testing image resizing and link behaviour.

clfpole said:
Got home yesterday and found a phantom Quadcopter on my front porch, is there an easy to return this to the owner?

Did it have a GoPro camera attached? It it does you might want to take a look at the files on there..... a lot of people for some unfathomable reason stick their great ugly faces right up to the camera just before they take off :lol:

You may even recognise the person or the house/yard/garden it took off from !!

New Pilot Here!

Just bought my first quadcopter (Blade 180 QX HD) a few weeks ago... then I flew my buddies DJI Phantom 2 Vision +... I had to order one for myself! I just ordered it last week and I can't wait for it to arrive. I've been reading the manual and watching every video online I can find. I joined the group to learn from the experts, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on where I should start. Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you all!

Re: New Pilot Here!

PATHETICfallacy said:
Just bought my first quadcopter (Blade 180 QX HD) a few weeks ago... then I flew my buddies DJI Phantom 2 Vision +... I had to order one for myself! I just ordered it last week and I can't wait for it to arrive. I've been reading the manual and watching every video online I can find. I joined the group to learn from the experts, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on where I should start. Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you all!

It has arrived... can't wait to unbox and get started!

Would be nice to have an off topic forum for non DJI or quad talk. Would be nice to have conversations about other stuff that we are interested in.

Just a thought.

hello everybody. I am martin from louisiana. I recently bought the phantom 2 and got the gimble and go pro set coming soon. I also have the avl 58 set up as well as the 2.4 data link set up. With all of that on the unit how much flight time should I expect?? By the way I am brand new at this fpv stuff and this site too for that matter. Am I asking in the right place? Any suggestions grateful.

Hello all !! I am getting ready to purchase a Phantom 2 vision+, my question is; Can I or will I be able to use my Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 10.1 for the camera and FPV, and ground station App? It doesn't make much sense if it doesn't work, now I have heard both ways (yes it does work) and (No it doesn't ) By the way thanks for having me, and thank you for any help or options you might give to me.

OI Photography said:
xgeek said:
Would be nice to have an off topic forum for non DJI or quad talk. Would be nice to have conversations about other stuff that we are interested in.

Just a thought.

The title doesn't make it clear, but you can discuss non-DJI rigs here: viewforum.php?f=21

I think you missed the point. I mean a forum to discuss stuff not related to anything quad based.

Pricing and Rookie advice?

I've been into high end rc cars for years and have many but I recently bought a syma x5c and was instantly hooked I watched eBay and bought the cheapest phantom 2 vision I could find that was in good shape and rtf for $750, ive since run across an identical one for $550, should I buy it and sell one on eBay to recoupse some cash for another battery or is it probably not worth the hassle? Was $750 a decent deal and $550 a steal? This hobby is so expensive saving a hundred or two here and there is huge!
Also I ordered prop guards but maybe they're a bad idea because they cause prop wash? I've only run about 5 packs through my x5c should I practice a lot more with it before I try the vision2? Anything special I should know that I probably haven't found on you tube and google? I'm more into sport flying than filming but wanted the camera option and the bigger battery, that's why I chose the vision 2. I read the camera is not removable. I've built so many rc's I can't imagine that's true. Is it? I'd like to remove the camera for sport flying eventually. Also should I update to 3.04 or stay on lower firmware to maintain the 25m/s speeds? Sorry for all the noobie questions but I sure would appreciate thoughts and advice and if anybody wants to drive 1/8 brushless monster trucks or fly quads in Vegas hit me up!

xgeek said:
OI Photography said:
xgeek said:

Just a thought.

The title doesn't make it clear, but you can discuss non-DJI rigs here: viewforum.php?f=21

I think you missed the point. I mean a forum to discuss stuff not related to anything quad based.

I knew what you meant. And maybe an introduction for new members area.

Got the fun of flying back!

So, after working on gimbals, firmware upgrades and other hacks, I kind of lost the joy of flying... 25 years ago, I flew balsa models. That is, flew for 5 minutes, glued and repaired for a weekend.

So I got myself an EPO model, a Bixler 2. Because I have gotten spoiled by the fancy DJI gear, I had to get a FrSky Taranis with telemetry, Vario meter and battery sensor. Flew my first fixed wing flight i 25 years today. WHAT A JOY! Pure fun, no camera angles, no fear of flyaways- If it flies away, it is DEFINITELY my own fault.

And the transmitter - it speaks to me! I can program it the way I want. If over the specified altitude limit: Tell me what my altitude is. If under the specified voltage limit: Warn me. Don't land, don't take my control. Just tell me :)

I have taken back control! :-D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT