Frank's Story

Just looked it up. Pretty obvious really. Above Ground Limit? As for suggesting everyone does it your probably right though that was not my intention. Just saying what I did to get those shots. I could have phrased it better. Just telling you what I did. Feel free to disagree with that if you like.

Height is controversial as speed. Common sense prevails in these cases.

Just looked it up. Pretty obvious really. Above Ground Limit? As for suggesting everyone does it your probably right though that was not my intention. Just saying what I did to get those shots. I could have phrased it better. Just telling you what I did. Feel free to disagree with that if you like.

Height is controversial as speed. Common sense prevails in these cases.

Above Ground Level.
Here's a handy list of acronyms for this hobby.

Sorry, but I cringe when people go over 400' AGL and can't see the craft. Since you have no peripheral or rear vision there's no way to see if you're at risk if a private plane or heli comes into your flight area. The benefit gained from being so high seems way less than the risk it presents. I worry more about what it's going to do to my hobby the day one of these capable craft kills someone from flying too high in what many consider reckless fashion, over 400' AGL. Practically all of us fly out of sight from time to time, which is taboo. That's why it's so important to stay within the AGL guidelines. Even if your country doesn't have laws or guidelines for a 400' AGL ceiling, it's common sense to minimize risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susruth
Health and safety without common sense what sort of a generation are we making? You could pick ANYTHING and there would be a risk involved. I have seen guys fly long distances. Flying in parks. Flying amoungst sheep, cattle and people. No matter where or how you fly you can pick a fault with it. I could go on to justify my brief flight into the clouds but I know once H & S is involved there is no appeasing some. Safety is not just about 'rules' it really is about thinking of others. You can fly at 50 feet like an idiot or 1000 feet safely. So lets agree to disagree. Otherwise it will just break down to "what ifs", "buts", "could have's" etc.

Love your videos of around Malvern. I am going to be near Hereford in July/August. My P3A is waiting for me there. Would you like to fly your P3P the other side of the hills? Lots of farmland!

Sure that would be great. Do you know the area then? I was in the Hereford area only this morning. Any idea where you will be staying?

Sure sounds good to me. Where exactly and when? :) Not Tuesday or Friday though.
House is Gobbetts Farm at
52°08'26.3"N 2°36'31.0"W
right at second sign to Ullingswick &Little Cowarne. House is on left opposite Oast house (hop kiln)
Monday or Wednesday am or pm is fine. Depends on weather Monday looks like not much wind and no rain. Wednesday thunderstorms!

Location_zpspbuzbesh.png

This place?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka