flying into steam/smoke coming out of a smokestack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing worse then doing something foolish is another encouraging someone to do something foolish.
On the other hand you do what you want Corey... With any luck you will destroy every Phantom you have, then you can go back to playing with matches like other children.
Most people on this form with common sense have advised you against doing things like dropping knives, following air planes, and flying over steam stacks. But you are going to do what you want to do. Some people have to learn the hard way.

People told me to not fly in fog.

Pffff. I still fly in fog. If my bird crashes - go buy a new one! lol Gotta get those epic shots so the good folk on YOUTUBE have a viewing experience! If Hollywood can make a great film.. by golly so I can I!!

You asked for info from someone who works/worked at power plants; here ya go.
thanks! that's good to know. unfortunately i already flew the mission. i'll just make my gf wipe it down real good. haha!

People told me to not fly in fog.

Pffff. I still fly in fog. If my bird crashes - go buy a new one! lol Gotta get those epic shots so the good folk on YOUTUBE have a viewing experience! If Hollywood can make a great film.. by golly so I can I!!
not-sure-if-that-was-sarcasm-or-if-he-was-serious.png

By the way, I looked up an old thread about flying around an oil refinery... and this was a few years ago when the media wasn't posting lies every two seconds... most people had no idea what a "drone" was then - Chevron wants to prosecute me for trespassing

Yes, it is. Critical infrastructure (power plants are part of that), are under closer watch and in this day of ISIS on our doorsteps, this stuff is getting watched closer. Folks will get caught, and I can tell ya for sure you are not going to want to be on the receiving end of the investigation. This is a whole order of magnitude different that flying higher than your supposed to or other minor infractions. Even though you may have no bad intentions, if DHS thinks for one second that you are possibly a terrorist threat, they will destroy your life. Plain and simple. Call me an alarmist, but that is one case of mistaken identity that you do not want be involved in.

Well looks like they'll have great training!

With any luck you will destroy every Phantom you have, then you can go back to playing with matches like other children.
i already have another p4, that's why i'm flying this with a p3. if it got messed up, no big deal. but playing with matches?? you need to catch up... lol

that would be great. i would love to call and ask some questions. please post it if you really have it.

He won't post it. He'll PM you, if anything.

However, he could at least post up his name. His official information will be public access. But typically people who say "I have the name or phone number, blah blah blah" are just trying to looking important

(I'm hoping he'll actually post up the guys phone number. But lets be honest here)

i already have another p4, that's why i'm flying this with a p3. if it got messed up, no big deal. but playing with matches?? you need to catch up... lol

Just make sure when you crash it that you man up and don't just walk away.

You avoided that comment -so I just wanted to point that out, again.

View attachment 56862

By the way, I looked up an old thread about flying around an oil refinery... and this was a few years ago when the media wasn't posting lies every two seconds... most people had no idea what a "drone" was then - Chevron wants to prosecute me for trespassing

I'm very serious! Plus 3% cash back on the transaction.. win win!

Interesting read about chevron. Sounds like they wanted to make an exeample of the operator and use that for marketing.

You are right.. Where I work, usually kids your age are brought in for burglary and robbery. I underestimated your potential. All I'm saying is there a lot of people on here with a lot of knowledge. They have done this for a long time.
If you don't want to take there advice why are you even posting questions?

He won't post it. He'll PM you, if anything.

However, he could at least post up his name. His official information will be public access. But typically people who say "I have the name or phone number, blah blah blah" are just trying to looking important

(I'm hoping he'll actually post up the guys phone number. But lets be honest here)
Anyone can get the number by doing a quick search on the FAA site - Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO)
The FAA has a wealth of information for all things aviation, check em out sometime. ;)

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 10.10.05 PM✨.png

Anyone can get the number by doing a quick search on the FAA site - Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO)
The FAA has a wealth of information for all things aviation, check em out sometime. ;)

View attachment 56864

Understood. Which is why I said it was public information and we could find out if the other use posed the NAME (per is reference of "him" "at FAA").

We all know we can get the number to contact the FAA. The question was about the person in question. A lot of people work for the FAA ;) (hell there is an FAA office not too far from me in Fremont, CA.)

Since TJ posted that, here is the Cincinnati FAA official. I do have his name. It is Gary Middleton. His number, which is the number on the site, is (513) 842-9600. If you would like to email him, his email is [email protected]. He told us all at the conference he would be more than happy to answer any questions. Corey, I hope he can help. I had questions for him also and he was very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sweet! A reliable contact!

Thanks for posting that. Time sure did fly! Glad you were able to get to the office so quick today (monday)!

Sweet! A reliable contact!

Thanks for posting that. Time sure did fly! Glad you were able to get to the office so quick today (monday)!
You are welcome. I remembered his name since it was the same as a person I used to work with. Just forgot the phone number since that is at the office. I have to give TJ credit for the office number. I have his email in my contacts since he is a great source to have.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it. William Arthur Ward

Go for it Corey. Keep on doing things that that we just dream about and don't do because of "guidelines".

This is some of the worse advice you could give him or anyone else. Why would you advise him to break the rules? The rules are in place for people exactly like him.

The only thing worse then doing something foolish is another encouraging someone to do something foolish.
On the other hand you do what you want Corey... With any luck you will destroy every Phantom you have, then you can go back to playing with matches like other children.
Most people on this form with common sense have advised you against doing things like dropping knives, following air planes, and flying over steam stacks. But you are going to do what you want to do. Some people have to learn the hard way.
True... BUT the actions of the few are going to affect us all!
Nothing like a party pooper to kill the fun for everyone.

Reactions: Myetkt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl