flying in lightning? If you have not seen this watch.

The reason it came out of the leg is probably because the antenna "wires" go down two of the legs providing a nice path.

I don't think they applied the tape correctly (and over the battery too?). The "rod" on the top should have been at least 10 .. 15 cm tall (IMO) not the 2 .. 3 cm bump they put.

This thread is very confusing. First, I'm supposed to see a watch (Rolex?), which I don't ("If you have not seen this watch."). Second, there's supposed to be a Lincoln in here somewhere. I don't see any cars at all. Third, someone's talking about the wires coming out of the leg. What do a watch, a Lincoln, and the tape on the antenna wire(s) have to do with lightning? I'm getting a headache! ;)

Reactions: CnTheUSA
This thread is very confusing. First, I'm supposed to see a watch (Rolex?), which I don't ("If you have not seen this watch."). Second, there's supposed to be a Lincoln in here somewhere. I don't see any cars at all. Third, someone's talking about the wires coming out of the leg. What do a watch, a Lincoln, and the tape on the antenna wire(s) have to do with lightning? I'm getting a headache! ;)

Bowmore 12 year old. Fireside. Relax. It'll pass.

Reactions: Tyger and Pharm
The reason it came out of the leg is probably because the antenna "wires" go down two of the legs providing a nice path.

I don't think they applied the tape correctly (and over the battery too?). The "rod" on the top should have been at least 10 .. 15 cm tall (IMO) not the 2 .. 3 cm bump they put.
I also thought about the antenna wires.

While very interesting AND entertaining, I wonder what the cost of this "experiment" was, all to determine that one shouldn't fly a drone in a lightning storm. Oh no! Now I sound like my father! ;)

While very interesting AND entertaining, I wonder what the cost of this "experiment" was, all to determine that one shouldn't fly a drone in a lightning storm. Oh no! Now I sound like my father! ;)

I copied this to a bunch of engineers and techs on a mail list I'm on. One engineer thought it was "entertainment for idiots." I told him I must be an idiot since I was entertained...

Reminds me of the old joke about a bunch of engineers sitting around mulling over how to land a spacecraft on the sun without it burning up. A young, cocky engineer overhears the debate and shakes his head, marveling at the idiocy of the group's discussion. He pops his head in the door and offers a suggestion. "Guys! Duh! Why don't you just do it at night?"

Reactions: AlanTheBeast

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl