Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Forgot about these pics.. the set-up today. Simple

2ebba3775af7a243a2f55d378aef608e.jpg

75d25d117a916636d4947ea82f68445e.jpg

Hey JB Where did you get your extra batteries from? LOL

We will have to find a nice weekend to fly in between our homes. I also have someone else in the SE KY who has 10X more stuff than us. :) So come spring, we will have our own fly-in party in S.KY

I can feel the P5 in my hands:) Meantime, I will have my Autel to fly till the new one shows up.

Al

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomAlPilots mobile app

Oh boy, Have some choice words for DJI and there forced update... The same day I get the Android 7.0 update... My K1 is not happy with anything DJI, video feed is a mess!!
IOS tab. is a bit better, but not right... lags
Go4 = real bad, Go 3.1.3 = bad,
1.8.0 on my 300A RC is a disaster.
This is why I don't update!!

Sorry to wander off topic again... needed to vent...lol

Oh boy, Have some choice words for DJI and there forced update... The same day I get the Android 7.0 update... My K1 is not happy with anything DJI, video feed is a mess!!
IOS tab. is a bit better, but not right... lags
Go4 = real bad, Go 3.1.3 = bad,
1.8.0 on my 300A RC is a disaster.
This is why I don't update!!

Sorry to wander off topic again... needed to vent...lol

Yeah no kidding!

These L coms were bigger and heavier than I anticipated. Ordered 100lb holding 3" round magnets needed to support aluminum bracket, amp and antennae. N male / N male connector for antennae to amp, RPSMA to N male to connect amp to cable routed into truck. External power hack completed for amps. Power supply will be 110v to 12vdc 6amp with noise filter plugged into car inverter and routed to amps, plugged into pigtail with JR connector. Easy disconnect and relocate for all components, LMR 400 cables will stay with vehicle. View attachment 75162
Are those antennas this?:
2.4 GHz 15 dBi Omnidirectional Antenna - N-Female Connector - HG2415U-PRO
Cause my "Buy" finger has been hovering over it all week.

20170219_035432.jpg
20170219_041252.jpg
Little testing with the l-coms and p4p set to channel 21 on 2.4ghz. Landed at 7 percent. Managed to stay under 250ft till about 20,000ft. Do you guys still plan to upgrade the stock 195 out of the magnetic base? Heck even my inspire 2 can hardly make a run like that. Obviously it can but not by much more.View attachment 75771
I gave up on modding coax in the bases. I just ordered a project enclosure and attached the magnets to them. Using 3-M hook/loop fastener tape I can switch out any amp in the box. The coax used is the mighty LMR-400. (Still waiting on decent weather to test).

Well a bad "n male to rpsma male adapter" got me this weekend with the inspire 1 test. Only got out to 7000' in optimal conditions before signal lost. Checking the connector I found the problem. Same distance with the P3A.......Beware the quality of connections........View attachment 76236
Same thing happened to me. I bought Uniseals to reinforce areas around the adapters.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Thanks!. For some reason I havn't been getting notifications on this thread. Missed all these good posts.

I knew I must've kept this 22 year old truck for a reason.. it's squared off top almost has the antennas parallel with each other.. lol

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, the older stuff is better. My 2007 Vic is the newest car I've ever had. Too many computerized gizmos. But the cop car effects are priceless. (People acting like angels around it).

I will look up my order and post a picture link in the morning when I get back home

The Nether world

Adding the rubber grommet/seals to the enclosure supports the L-com antenna with rigidness to keep them safe from snapping the N to SMA adapters. The smaller seal does the same for the input cable. You would need to wrap black electrical tape to the cable until it's diameter meets the I.D. of the seal.

Reactions: Turbomania
View attachment 76627 View attachment 76628
I gave up on modding coax in the bases. I just ordered a project enclosure and attached the magnets to them. Using 3-M hook/loop fastener tape I can switch out any amp in the box. The coax used is the mighty LMR-400. (Still waiting on decent weather to test).
Nice work !! Looks awesome and like you posted, will support your adapters..

Turbo

Adding the rubber grommet/seals to the enclosure supports the L-com antenna with rigidness to keep them safe from snapping the N to SMA adapters. The smaller seal does the same for the input cable. You would need to wrap black electrical tape to the cable until it's diameter meets the I.D. of the seal.

Great work! However, I'm happy to have saved a whole lotta extra work by using N-male antennas on N-female amps and N-female injectors.
Anyway, soon winter is over here an DX I can test my new array.. Photos will come.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z