Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Impressive!! Only 137ft up.
Gold Suhnans, L Com's W/ mag bases ?? Are you still running 1 amp? Video side..
I need to be above 300' once I get out that far.

Let us know how she does out in the country. Going to be big...

Turbo

In the car I am using gold suhans powered with 6v USB. I use two amps in the car. I had major issues from a faulty connector to a bad amp that halfway worked. It's sorted out now and am a little excited about it as you can tell. It's working and working extremely well. Still use just one amp in the house. My control link is solid out 30,000ft with no amp and 60 feet of cable to the antenna. I don't get it.

Reactions: Turbomania
Well I finally found time for a little L-com flight today.
51b5fda46c73fe17933d8739df2b49d9.jpg

And I found birds on the way back Jeremiah lol
8407ee7f2e101b17f83f1e929c1c174f.jpg

Dropped down behind trees to get the pic.. pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My RTH kicked in just after 15,000' because of battery. Flying against a pretty strong wind. Should've got a longer flight time but hey, I'll take it!

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
View attachment 75983 Nice flight! Freaking birds are everywhere! Been messing with the P4P and l coms all day. This p4p will hit 30,000. So close. Stayed at 133ft till the last few thousand feet. Signal was solid entire flight till I stopped for this screen shot.View attachment 75982View attachment 75982 View attachment 75982

There's the nice flight! My flight I had to keep climbing because the ground elevation was rising throughout the flight. I know I could've went on but the battery.. seems to kick in early. Not because of signal either. Oh well, still fun as heck!!

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
I have a hard time finding a place to safely fly around here. Most of the roads are in the valleys. I drove around for over an hour and ended up back to that same spot. I'll have to get away from here next time or take it to work with me and stop a couple places on the way home.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

8407ee7f2e101b17f83f1e929c1c174f.jpg

Nice run!!
LOL on the bird pic... Next time, circle one of those cows.

View attachment 75983 Nice flight! Freaking birds are everywhere! Been messing with the P4P and l coms all day. This p4p will hit 30,000. So close. Stayed at 133ft till the last few thousand feet. Signal was solid entire flight till I stopped for this screen shot.View attachment 75982View attachment 75982 View attachment 75982
Forgot about these pics.. the set-up today. Simple

2ebba3775af7a243a2f55d378aef608e.jpg

75d25d117a916636d4947ea82f68445e.jpg

Nice mobile set up..

30K with Omni's Jeremiah, gota love that!!!

Turbo

View attachment 76145 This is my last p4p distance run. I didn't think I would make it back I did and hit that 30,000ft.
Awesome dude! I guess I'm gonna have to do a battery mod or something. All my antennas way outlast my battery. Would I be better off just to send it to Jake for the mod or is it something that a person that can mod their remote can do?

Awesome dude! I guess I'm gonna have to do a battery mod or something. All my antennas way outlast my battery. Would I be better off just to send it to Jake for the mod or is it something that a person that can mod their remote can do?

They have a p4 battery clip with an xt60 connector. No mod needed.

They have a p4 battery clip with an xt60 connector. No mod needed.
Ok. Who's "they?" I did read one thing that might've cut me short... Flying with OA 'off'. I had it off when flying through the trees and hadn't turned it back on. They say it fly's slower while on, but gets a little longer flight time. Have u tried this on and off?

Last edited:
Ok. Who's "they?" I did read one thing that might've cut me short... Flying with OA 'off'. I had it off when flying through the trees and hadn't turned it back on. They say it fly's slower while on, but gets a little longer flight time. Have u tried this on and off?

I will have to find a link for it. I never fly with oa on so can't comment on that.

Well a bad "n male to rpsma male adapter" got me this weekend with the inspire 1 test. Only got out to 7000' in optimal conditions before signal lost. Checking the connector I found the problem. Same distance with the P3A.......Beware the quality of connections........
IMG_0188.JPG

Reactions: JohnnyB
Well a bad "n male to rpsma male adapter" got me this weekend with the inspire 1 test. Only got out to 7000' in optimal conditions before signal lost. Checking the connector I found the problem. Same distance with the P3A.......Beware the quality of connections........View attachment 76236
Same thing happened to Grammaton. Same connector too. After his broke.. I bought extras. Thanks for heads up.

Well a bad "n male to rpsma male adapter" got me this weekend with the inspire 1 test. Only got out to 7000' in optimal conditions before signal lost. Checking the connector I found the problem. Same distance with the P3A.......Beware the quality of connections........View attachment 76236
Thanks for sharing! I hate adapters... but it get expensive having a cable for every set up.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Thanks for sharing! I hate adapters... but it get expensive having a cable for every set up.
Lol.. yeah I've been tempted to get a GL658C and box up the cables. The box is starting to look like the ball of Christmas lights on Christmas Lampoon's Vacation..lol (everything but car set-up of coarse)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews