Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Great work! However, I'm happy to have saved a whole lotta extra work by using N-male antennas on N-female amps and N-female injectors.
Anyway, soon winter is over here an DX I can test my new array.. Photos will come.
N connectors are like Iron man, SMA's are like fawn deer gently nibbling on dew covered grass.

Oh boy, Have some choice words for DJI and there forced update... The same day I get the Android 7.0 update... My K1 is not happy with anything DJI, video feed is a mess!!
IOS tab. is a bit better, but not right... lags
Go4 = real bad, Go 3.1.3 = bad,
1.8.0 on my 300A RC is a disaster.
This is why I don't update!!

Sorry to wander off topic again... needed to vent...lol

Update:
All is well again. I lost 2 days of my life Rooting my K1 and modding Go 2.9.1. to not force an update.
I put a few of my test Video's together, My path thru hell per say..

Start of video is Go4 with 1.8 RC Firmware, Go4 and 1.6 wasn't flyable, no video.
55 Seconds is 3.1.3 and 1.6 RC ( Sorry for not cutting out the boring 3 minute disconnect ) got a bit nervous. lol @ 4:55 DJI Go 2.9.1 and 1.6 RC
Remember i am using a 300A RC... who knows..
A night and day difference in video quality and the ability to hold a video signal.
With the modded DJI Go 2.9.1 it holds onto the video signal for a few thousand ft with 1 or 2 bars and doesn't drop out.
8K from my home station is a new record by 2000 ft :)

NVidia K1 running 7.0

Last edited:
Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Is the grey interference a good thing?? (wide eyes).....

Mid-Michigan is looking better, like you might've survived it's cold grip....

Update:
All is well again. I lost 2 days of my life Rooting my K1 and modding Go 2.9.1. to not force an update.
I put a few of my test Video's together, My path thru hell per say..
A night and day difference in video quality and the ability to hold a video signal.
With the modded DJI Go 2.9.1 it hangs on for a few thousand ft with 1 or 2 bars and doesn't drop out.
8K from my home station is a new record by 2000 ft :)
3 minute disconnects allow for you to ponder the reality of God, universe, new Phantoms, updates....

Reactions: Turbomania
Mid-Michigan is looking better, like you might've survived it's cold grip....
A week in the 60's in February. I'll take it. 4" of snow Saturday.
Michigan... WTH...lol

Share your combo.. Go app, RC Firmware and what RC you are running.

P4
App - 3.1.0
AC - .01.02.0602
GL300C - 1.8.0
iPad mini 4
No problems whatsoever. iPad is grounded from the internet. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
P4
App - 3.1.0
AC - .01.02.0602
GL300C - 1.8.0
iPad mini 4
No problems whatsoever.
How did 3.1.0 not force upgrade to 3.1.3
I was on 3.1.0 with good luck until 313.
I am thinking the problem with 1.8 on my RC is because its a 300A

Johnny, how did it not auto upgrade to 3.1.3??
I was on 3.1.0 with good luck before the update..
I am thinking my problem with 1.8 on my RC is because it's a 300A.
Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyB
Only thing I can think of, I have auto update off on the iPad and when I cache a map, I don't have on the RC or AC. When I do turn them on at home, I always turn off the WiFi first. Other than that, I'm lost. Hate you went through all that. That sucks!!!

It is illegal to fly an unmanned aircraft from inside a car in every country that has established UAV laws.
It is also illegal to fly from within your home.
Every country in North America and most European nations have LOS and altitude laws.

The type of flying that is advocated here breaks several laws, not only in the US, but most countries.
Common sense alone should alert you to how unsafe this is.
Common sense should remind us that we are facing the restrictions we are because of this exact type of behavior.

I will not stand by and watch my hobby be banned because of a handful of rogue pilots who think they are above the law.
Ain't illegal in the UK to fly from house or car.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

A very small unhappy man......

OK so now I am set up to fly from my house or my car. I have my p4 modded for external batteries with one split pack for now. Have been looking for some opinions on other batteries. Tried finding the thread about this, but no luck.

OK so now I am set up to fly from my house or my car. I have my p4 modded for external batteries with one split pack for now. Have been looking for some opinions on other batteries. Tried finding the thread about this, but no luck.
Hello, I am to believe that I can just screw the antennas on the end of my remote since I have an FPVlr , set up with boosters cannot I just unscrew the antennas I'm using an screw in the ones that go on the roof ?

As long as the center pin matches the adapter/connector... yes.

What roof antennas are you considering?

Only thing I can think of, I have auto update off on the iPad and when I cache a map, I don't have on the RC or AC. When I do turn them on at home, I always turn off the WiFi first. Other than that, I'm lost. Hate you went through all that. That sucks!!!

Ahhh, I Pad...IOS didn't get the forced update to Go 3.1.3
It's an Android thing with DJI...
I'm too stubborn to just use my Mini 2.
I did try it with Go4. It was usable. But not right.
May have to mod my 300C

Reactions: JohnnyB
Man I need to read and research "before" I post. I deleted the first post I made this morning. You have me on a mission now Turbo..lol The reason is I'm about to get either a 300A or a 658C. I need to know too.
Here is some great info by John Locke regarding using and updating a GL658? With the P4.... P4 Tips to share
P4 Tips to share
But linking/updating a 300A or B, don't know if the same rules apply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga