Flying from inside house or car anyone?

OK, thanks for the info. I will try without the bird side mod. I have an inverter so I can go that route to power the amps.Thanks again guys. Keep you posted on the install and outcome. Gonna take a couple weeks, busy with work right now.

Also, there is added weight and wind resistance when adding antennas to drone. It is HIGHLY possible that better performance is attained by the methods being tossed around on this thread. I really like ebi718's idea of splitting signal at tripod with both panels AND omni's.....

One thing I will be focusing on when it stops snowing/raining is antenna grounding!

Any source of static or noise could be mitigated through grounding. If it's lightning... it's too late to run.

Still learning of microwave type antennas. But, I want to simulate a ground plane element. A sheet of metal under the antenna connected to the negative (outside) lead of coax.

Yeah, solder onto the jack and ground and cut the squiggly line. Got it. Just a couple questions. What 12v power supply for the amps? I was going to power from the car battery but understand the regulated power scenario to reduce noise. The other question here is are you all using the bird side mod to achieve this or is that necessary?
For power, I use this:

DCDC-USB, Intelligent DC-DC converter with USB interface

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My alternative power supply idea is a ATX computer power supply. I figure those have to be pretty quiet.

Spent a week planning/buying materials. Finally got the RF-Linx mounted. Ready to test, and they better work. Got them a month ago and havn't even had a chance to test yet. Was waiting for LMR-400 cables and various N connectors. I'm also fabricating mounts for my TP-Link panels for this tripod mounted method. The mounts are interchangeable with each antennas mate surface to the tripod.73771[/ATTACH] View attachment 73770 View attachment 73771 View attachment 73773 View attachment 73774
If I could just get someone to come to my house and bring me a bologna samidge everyday, I'd just stay home and build/fab/test/fly/read this forum! Gets better by the day!! You guys are killin' me! :) (In the best way) I have GOT to get these LTX's figured out..

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Turbomania
If I could just get someone to come to my house and bring me a bologna samidge everyday, I'd just stay home and build/fab/test/fly/read this forum! Gets better by the day!! You guys are killin' me! :) (In the best way) I have GOT to get these LTX's figured out..

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'll give you a bologna sandwich for your LTX's... (drools in window)

Reactions: JohnnyB
I'm studying how to stuff LMR-400 into the stock L-Com omni magnetic base.

Ever see a fat girl climb into a volkswagon?.....

Dremel time?
Dremel, 1/2 drill, JB weld (possibly), soldering iron, lots of light, lots of coffee, lots of brandy (not in that order), food stamp assistance, And a picture of a fat girl (for reference)....

Reactions: JohnnyB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94