Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I just took the inspire 2 to almost 20,000ft using the 9dbi Hawkins on the house with just the one amp 12v. Full signal entire flight. Wind has been crazy in the mid west lately. Trip out was 45 to 50 mph. Return flight 65-70! I could have gone much much further but seeing how none of the props fit correctly and I have to shim the freaking things to make them fit snug I just came on home.
What type amp? And stock battery? (1)

Still the black 3 watt suhan powered by wall outlet. What battery do you mean?
Drone side. When I've gone out 10,000ft, coming back made me nervous with remaining battery level upon return. Winds eat up more.

Oh not going there yet. X2 stock batteries. It really cuts through the wind tho. When it dies down I will push it further. Can't get ahold of dji about props and may exchange it first.

Drone side. When I've gone out 10,000ft, coming back made me nervous with remaining battery level upon return. Winds eat up mor

As long as you are in a head wind it will all work out. I had a return flight with the p4 out at 23,400 ft at 37 percent. I did a few runs just before so I knew I could make it.

After a couple years over on the Inspire 1 forum I found this thread. Been looking for a signal solution like this. Tired of video drop out past 4800' and in congested areas ......Couple of RF Linx 2400SAXU amps (yes they had some left on ebay for 50.00), LMR400 cable, Lcom 9dbi antennas. transmitter cable mod kit, various connectors and adpaters and my 2004 H2.......... As soon as the rest of the connectors and antennas show up I'll post some pics of the installation. Thanks in advanced for all the hard work and research. Great Idea!

After a couple years over on the Inspire 1 forum I found this thread. Been looking for a signal solution like this. Tired of video drop out past 4800' and in congested areas ......Couple of RF Linx 2400SAXU amps (yes they had some left on ebay for 50.00), LMR400 cable, Lcom 9dbi antennas. transmitter cable mod kit, various connectors and adpaters and my 2004 H2.......... As soon as the rest of the connectors and antennas show up I'll post some pics of the installation. Thanks in advanced for all the hard work and research. Great Idea!
Make sure you're familiar with either injecting or bypass power with the SAXU's (discussed earlier in thread).

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
The biggest downside to this type of extreme mods is the uncontrollable giggling that happens when the drone can cross state lines. Doctors have no cure yet.

You didn't waste any money good times for you ahead. Sounds like you have everything and install should be simple. Keep us updated!

Spent a week planning/buying materials. Finally got the RF-Linx mounted. Ready to test, and they better work. Got them a month ago and havn't even had a chance to test yet. Was waiting for LMR-400 cables and various N connectors. I'm also fabricating mounts for my TP-Link panels for this tripod mounted method. The mounts are interchangeable with each antennas mate surface to the tripod.73771[/ATTACH] 20170117_195027.jpg 20170117_192439.jpg 20170117_195902.jpg 20170117_195834.jpg

Spent a week planning/buying materials. Finally got the RF-Linx mounted. Ready to test, and they better work. Got them a month ago and havn't even had a chance to test yet. Was waiting for LMR-400 cables and various N connectors. I'm also fabricating mounts for my TP-Link panels for this tripod mounted method. The mounts are interchangeable with each antennas mate surface to the tripod.73771[/ATTACH] View attachment 73770 View attachment 73771 View attachment 73773 View attachment 73774

Good grief I can't wait to hear how this works out.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Spent a week planning/buying materials. Finally got the RF-Linx mounted. Ready to test, and they better work. Got them a month ago and havn't even had a chance to test yet. Was waiting for LMR-400 cables and various N connectors. I'm also fabricating mounts for my TP-Link panels for this tripod mounted method. The mounts are interchangeable with each antennas mate surface to the tripod.73771[/ATTACH] View attachment 73770 View attachment 73771 View attachment 73773 View attachment 73774
Nice McGyver skills. Love it! I'll dare to guess that your replicating the backside of your mounting bracket for the extendable mast for easy switch out?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Nice McGyver skills. Love it! I'll dare to guess that your replicating the backside of your mounting bracket for the extendable mast for easy switch out?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
'Zactly.... Interchangable mounts/amps combo any to any.

The cat liked it. But I had just fed her, so....

Yeah, solder onto the jack and ground and cut the squiggly line. Got it. Just a couple questions. What 12v power supply for the amps? I was going to power from the car battery but understand the regulated power scenario to reduce noise. The other question here is are you all using the bird side mod to achieve this or is that necessary?

Yeah, solder onto the jack and ground and cut the squiggly line. Got it. Just a couple questions. What 12v power supply for the amps? I was going to power from the car battery but understand the regulated power scenario to reduce noise. The other question here is are you all using the bird side mod to achieve this or is that necessary?
Power: Could use car battery, but running engine/fan/heater/radio would introduce noise.
I use regulated dedicated supply:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T7EZM8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Or use any suitable plug in supply as long as it's at least 2 amps. I have a 110 volt power inverter (cig lighter plug into car socket)

It might just me but the bird side amp mod is worthless. Get up and running and learn the limitations of your system then try that stuff out. For me the mod killed my range and it's just another point of failure to worry about. I would never try it again.

It might just me but the bird side amp mod is worthless. Get up and running and learn the limitations of your system then try that stuff out. For me the mod killed my range and it's just another point of failure to worry about. I would never try it again.
I tried 2 crazy pony 3 db planar pinwheels. I had no rf tester at the time so I have no idea which ports they were plugged into. Got out to 6,000-8,000 ft lost video signal. BUT, as I turned back in video signal was ok. possibly I had them plugged in wrong, or using wrong antennas. I am considering 4, 7 db antennas on the drone, but got so many mods running in production I can't keep up currently. ( I heard you laughing JohnnyB).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic