Flying from inside house or car anyone?

[
Could you test something for me? It appears as though you live in a fairly sparse area. (Low WIFI). And I noticed signal loss at 4,500 ft. If you attached a wire to a known good house ground and to the coax connector metal, I am wondering if that would improve signal. I am going to try it at my house (VERY high WIFI interference) Hopefully this weekend if the rains/winds stop. If a simple thing as grounding the antennas improves performance, it would be a great tool for all of us to know.
I can give that a try, see what happens...
I had that thought on my car set up since I was using 2X4's that obviously don't ground.
That's why I went with the Magnetic bases hoping that gave me a ground plane....Airplane... something like that :)
It seemed worse?? I am thinking it's because of those Magnetic bases/cable lose??

Turbo

[

I can give that a try, see what happens...
I had that thought on my car set up since I was using 2X4's that obviously don't ground.
That's why I went with the Magnetic bases hoping that gave me a ground plane....Airplane... something like that :)
It seemed worse?? I am thinking it's because of those Magnetic bases/cable lose??

Turbo
Figured someone would have replied before now so... I believe a ground wire would have to be connected to the outer shielding of the cable, or the outer sleeve of a fitting, and the other end going to bare metal of a vehicle, or if your in the house, to a known ground source that would be connected to the ground rod outside. I don't believe the magnet base would ground itself, setting on paint and not bare metal.

Figured someone would have replied before now so... I believe a ground wire would have to be connected to the outer shielding of the cable, or the outer sleeve of a fitting, and the other end going to bare metal of a vehicle, or if your in the house, to a known ground source that would be connected to the ground rod outside. I don't believe the magnet base would ground itself, setting on paint and not bare metal.
Drrrrr. Kinda forgot the paint... Thanks for pointing that out.... I think...lol J/K
Can I just ground the 2X4's ?? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: JohnnyB
See what you guys started! LOL
Thank you for all the great information I have learned here.
78eec1e6e3ca29bb4ecbca58bba59853.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Scroll up to post #1464
Crap.. seen it last night. Sorry (Laughs) I have the gold sunhans which I'm gonna test some more shortly if it stops sleeting. I like the power jack idea.. one less thing to charge.

There's about 6 people on here that I know pretty much what their setups are. I'll get yours down soon enough lol

Reactions: elarryland
Power jack, i'm powering my amps from the RC battery and have a switch to turn them off and on

Ah, very cool. I did the same thing on the bottom side of my remote. Huge weight reduction. :)

Reactions: elarryland
Hooked up the Sunhan Golds today to the L-coms and again, one of the amps wouldn't light up blue. Hope to get that issue fixed soon. So I hooked up the FPVLR amps, and I can already tell this is gonna be killer!!! Good solid vid out a good distance.. had to turn around because it started spitting a really wet snow, but man, good solid clean video and 100% everything so far. Can't wait till I get a good day for testing more. I'm stoked now!!! Just had the amps close to RC but still, a great result so far! I used them on both RX and TX to test the amps mainly, first use with the FPVLR amps.
Only thing I had trouble with is the screen record on Litchi, using ipad mini 4, I cleared everything there was to clear, tried different channels, left on auto mainly, video resolution low, but way to much lag trying to use it. Turn it off and back to crystal clear video. I'll take that. :) Can't wait to test again!!! Got my blood pumping.. lol

Hooked up the Sunhan Golds today to the L-coms and again, one of the amps wouldn't light up blue. Hope to get that issue fixed soon. So I hooked up the FPVLR amps, and I can already tell this is gonna be killer!!! Good solid vid out a good distance.. had to turn around because it started spitting a really wet snow, but man, good solid clean video and 100% everything so far. Can't wait till I get a good day for testing more. I'm stoked now!!! Just had the amps close to RC but still, a great result so far! I used them on both RX and TX to test the amps mainly, first use with the FPVLR amps.
Only thing I had trouble with is the screen record on Litchi, using ipad mini 4, I cleared everything there was to clear, tried different channels, left on auto mainly, video resolution low, but way to much lag trying to use it. Turn it off and back to crystal clear video. I'll take that. :) Can't wait to test again!!! Got my blood pumping.. lol

This is great to hear! I have been jacking with my car set up and the gold amps. For about a month. I could still get good range but not like before. I replaced the bases, then the antennas and finally the amps. Nothing same. I had another gold suhan that I was going to return hooked it up and bingo. Man I am so pissed and happy but yes check amps if you have range issues. Anyway, I am using both suhans powered by 6v USB.

Here's the amps I was using after that one sunhan didn't work...
2ec68c3c125b8a3d63330896ec826ce2.jpg

Came with the FPVLR kit. The sunhan gold's came with the evo kit. Wish I could've tested both of the sunhans.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
@GrammatonxXXxCleric sorry, I tried to search through 74 pages but couldn't find it...did you post an Amazon link to the RF tester you're using?

I will be testing the MP omni alongside the L-Com omni, swapping between control and video (not so much distance but penetration). If the results prove convincing, I will get another unit, to complete that stealth/low profile look...:)
So...how's stealth mode treating you? Do we all need to go nuts and buy low-pro antennas now?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl