Flying from inside house or car anyone?

One piece of info I will add, on my little flight in the vid, I didn't change position any at all as far as aiming. Went out to the sides a lot more (which I cut out for neighbors privacy,) still in the same position. The cheap tripod I already had. Figured I'd try it before I bought a good one. Like this a lot! This panel is a bad boy, I could only imagine the 14 dB panel..lol geesh!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Loved your video. Nice slalom flying! Imagine the surprise of someone seeing this whirring UFO gliding through... with no apparent operator nearby.
I hope to test my TP-Link panels on tripod any day now. (L-coms have my attention first) Getting ready to post some pics of my cable setup.

Cables and connectors used in my setup(s):

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 366
  • 5.png
    5.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 286
  • 2.png
    2.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 263
  • 7.png
    7.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 346
  • 6.png
    6.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 321
  • 8.png
    8.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 313
  • 3.png
    3.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 274
Reactions: JohnnyB
Didn't have time to drive somewhere for another L-com test with a turkey spinning on the rotisserie in the smoker, so I flew the DBS02 which is awesome. I can see the maxxrange in the future!

Could you screen record a similar flight so we can see telemetry? I'm interested as to what kinds of signal levels you guys have as it moves though/past objects.

Didn't have time to drive somewhere for another L-com test with a turkey spinning on the rotisserie in the smoker, so I flew the DBS02 which is awesome. I can see the maxxrange in the future!

Woulda been very funny if when you crested that hill, there was a cow there. To see it's eyes get big.

Could you screen record a similar flight so we can see telemetry? I'm interested as to what kinds of signal levels you guys have as it moves though/past objects.
Beginning the process of finding an iOS app to do so. I asked turbo how he recorded on the go, he said an Android app. I have to find one for iPad.
I can tell you that on this flight, FULL bars the whole way. When I was down behind the barn, there was even a bit of ground between me and the bird but with the directional, the signal will bounce off other objects. It was probably bouncing off the barn there.
Love my L-coms too. Not trying to steer away from them. Cold of the winter, heat of the summer, bearable flying. Yes the panels out penetrate and when weather is good I'll fly them more, but doesn't matter. Love having the choice. Without you guys, I wouldn't have even known about them so... Thanks!

Edit: also, the streamed video on my screen was clearer than what uploaded to YouTube. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Guess I could use litchi for a flight but I like having logs on the pad when I'm done so.. I'll try to figure out iOS.

I shared this a while ago. The guy said Apple won't install it. But I then read that if you set the time to 2012 it will.
AZ Screen Recorder - No Root APK for iPhone | Download Android APK GAMES & APPS for iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 3, iPhone 5, iPhone 6
AZ is what i used for Android.
Couldn't tell it was running. Zero lag. Even on a 2 year old LG G4
That would be great if that trick works on Apple.
I have had zero luck screen recording on my I Pad.
The record option on Litchi lagged real bad. I do only have a Mini2.

Turbo

Did some signal strength testing of two antennas. Was suprised at L-Coms performance. I will replace it's coax and also will redo the Sunhaus power supply. Separating the coax leads and set the antenna's farther apart may help too.

2.7k version (notice all the power lines):

Last edited:
Did some signal strength testing of two antennas. Was suprised at L-Coms performance. I will replace it's coax and also will redo the Sunhaus power supply. Separating the coax leads and set the antenna's farther apart may help too.

Great test runs Gram!!!! Looked like your were just to comfortable testing the L-coms though. Bet the TP's would cut some trees! Good stuff ol pal.

I know what it is, but not how. Only apps I've added to this ipad mini 4 is Go and Litchi.... and phantom pilots of coarse, so it's still clean. What's involved?
Not a lot, but there's not a jailbreak out for the latest releases of iOS 9 and iOS 10. If this is the route you'd like to pursue then I'd recommend keeping an eye on reddit.com/r/jailbreak

When the next jailbreak is released that will be the first place to celebrate and outline it.

Great test runs Gram!!!! Looked like your were just to comfortable testing the L-coms though. Bet the TP's would cut some trees! Good stuff ol pal.
Thanks, I was disappointed in the performance of the L-Cons. Working on a fix.

Forgive my ignorance on this but I didn't know that LMR and RG-6 were interchangeable. If RG-6 quad shielded cable is preferable then why pursue thick, short runs of LMR? To clarify: isn't RG-6 quad shielded widely available? Does it perform the same or better?

The problem I don't think is with the antennas themselves, It may be the coax being thin and unshielded, The amps may be lacking in power by the one battery powering them both. Also may be cross-talk between the two boosted antennas. And A lot of city interference of power lines, wifi, and other electrical noise.

The problem I don't think is with the antennas themselves, It may be the coax being thin and unshielded, The amps may be lacking in power by the one battery powering them both. Also may be cross-talk between the two boosted antennas. And A lot of city interference of power lines, wifi, and other electrical noise.
I think location is everything. I flew my stock P4 GL300C 2.66 miles down beside an interstate with minimal interference. In the vid I posted with the DBS02, the red barn was as far as I made it stock because of the power lines above it and that's within eyesight easily from the house. Jeremiah was using sunhans, battery powered I believe, and the L'coms, that's it, and was getting 20,000+ in these big open flat fields. But still yet, I'm sure it can be tweaked for better performance.

Reactions: cstout
I ordered a N to F adapter. I will remove magnetic mount base and connect RG-6 directly to N base. No exposed wire surfaces. As you can see in the picture the end of the stock coax is highly exposed. And see the thickness difference of the two coax cables?
20161225_202012.jpg
20161225_202215.jpg

Wow, thank you for sharing. I've never come across that adapter. I have loads of quad shielded RG-6 from previous projects. Very excited to try that adapter with this cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saintdiamondsge