Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I feel directly adapting the shielded coax into the bottom of the antenna without it's magnetic base will improve the performance. I just have to improvise a base mount.

Reactions: JohnnyB and cstout
I feel directly adapting the shielded coax into the bottom of the antenna without it's magnetic base will improve the performance. I just have to improvise a base mount.
I'll be eagerly awaiting the next test results!

Reactions: JohnnyB
Yes, but any coax F will fit.
Gotcha. I'm familiar, just never did know what the end type was called. I'm certain these little things will make a difference fighting the strays and crosstalk. Every little thing counts. That is one thing I like about the DBS, only dealing with inches of cable. But fine tuning the L-coms is part of the fun of it all. I'll definitely keep up with your test, before and after.

Gotcha. I'm familiar, just never did know what the end type was called. I'm certain these little things will make a difference fighting the strays and crosstalk. Every little thing counts. That is one thing I like about the DBS, only dealing with inches of cable. But fine tuning the L-coms is part of the fun of it all. I'll definitely keep up with your test, before and after.
I had no clue what it was called. Getting into the mod aspect makes me learn.... stuff....

That is my RF Linx Amp.
On the receive side, the closer the amp is to the antenna, the better.
That's as close as it gets :)
Link to where one might...oh.... buy one?

I do have N Female bases with 10ft cables terminated in sma, I use a N Male adapter to connect to the RF Linx's. I didn't notice a loss but should look at it a bit closer.
It just got old running that LMR 400 thru the sunroof :)

The L Coms can get it done. Check out Notifications.. A clean run, Zero drop outs. Almost 4 miles out.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Link to where one might...oh.... buy one?
Money is no object... what's $900 for amps :eek: Joking :D
I paid $70 each on E Bay, a Reseller had a bunch of new/old stock. I think we bought them all.

These are very professional devices. Similar to L-coms products.: WiFi Booster - 2.4 GHz | WiFi Extender | L-com.com
I'm learning as I go, and the only thing slowing me down is the costs. The Sunhaus 3 watts I'm currently using works, but I'm working on it's power supply system. Minimizing cable/connector loss is important too. My 8 watt "No name" amps work very well and their power supply is good.

I've only hooked all mine up once, on the back porch. Took me about 45 minutes, L-coms, cables, amps, injectors, laptop, couplers to fit RC, and got a fold out table out of the building to set it all up... Finally, ready to fly. Unless I do a permanent install, they won't get used much b/c that's a lot of trouble... So... I'm saving them for a home install come summer.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The rf Linx 2400SAXU can still be had for $50 on eBay. Same spec as the ltx on the receiving end, but only 1 W on the transmit side. They take a bit of work to get working, however, as they are the 'outdoor' model, but are a worthy alternative IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawking 9dbi antennas 50' lmr 400 to 8' lmr 240 to 3 watt sunhan amps. Also have the rf linx amp on the video side. Definitely not in a hole either. Just bad luck.
Don't use amps in serial unless you know exactly what you do. If you exchange ur cables see what changed. But: If you got Rf-linx 2400 series you should be able to measure all. Shuffle around things and measure. As Jeremiah wrote.

Reactions: Bear501

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBlack03