Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Never thought to test it in the tree's without the amps.. Will be trying this soon.

After i replace the left landing gear and left rear motor.
Finally crashed her. Clipped a tree branch 15 ft up.
It still flies but the motor makes me nervous.
Dam VLOS... I had just taken off my goggles at the end of a flight. Was bring it in old school and fricken blew it..
I swear i can fly much safer FPV.
Oh no! Sorry ol pal! That sucks! Agreed on the flying safer FPV.. hard to judge distance, at a distance. Hate that for ya.. but it's a thing that can be fixed at least.

Reactions: Turbomania
Something like this JohnnyB. There are different variations of these intended for marine and RV applications. Jumpstart for the idea process anyway.
92e77194f4e46214e72f8a85c15373e0.jpg
Pretty cool. I'm a Pipefitter by trade so I have access to lots of different kinds of mounting materials, unistrut, all thread, brackets.. list goes on. A free version may not look store bought, but will work just fine. I'll be able to get it out of the back seat, set it in on the roof and adjust both sides from one side with 2 wing nuts. It's a plan anyways. I'll research more on those type brackets you posted. Seems a much simpler way to go. Just have to adjust both side which is no big deal at all. Thanks

Never thought to test it in the tree's without the amps.. Will be trying this soon.

Dam VLOS... I had just taken off my goggles at the end of a flight. Was bring it in old school and fricken blew it..
I Use Headplay W/ New rho lens ( HPRO ) & You ?

if you're not flying first person view,. It's like flying while drunk

Oh no! Sorry ol pal! That sucks! Agreed on the flying safer FPV.. hard to judge distance, at a distance. Hate that for ya.. but it's a thing that can be fixed at least.
Thanks Johnny !!
Nothing that can't be fixed :)
Found parts in stock local, Landing gear and motor = $50.... Not too bad. And I always wanted to tear a Phantom apart... you guys will help... right....lol
I'll start a new thread ( Where the flip does this go ) :eek:

Turbo

Reactions: cstout and JohnnyB
I Use Headplay W/ New rho lens ( HPRO ) & You ?
Headplay.... Nice!!
I am just using my Fat Shark Dom. V3's, There main use is for my race quads, Like using them with the Phantom. I can see better, no glare and less distraction.

if you're not flying first person view,. It's like flying while drunk
LOL, I said the same thing when I watched the video... looks like I flew straight into it, well, I did...lol
But from my vlos angle it looked like I had it.

Reactions: cstout and JohnnyB
Headplay.... Nice!!
I am just using my Fat Shark Dom. V3's, There main use is for my race quads, Like using them with the Phantom. I can see better, no glare and less distraction.

LOL, I said the same thing when I watched the video... looks like I flew straight into it, well, I did...lol
But from my vlos angle it looked like I had it.
Lmao... You zigged when you shoulda zagged... Ok now u gotta show the clip!

Last edited:
Reactions: cstout
question ... The video in post 1978 is using this ANTENNA and it's a 10 dbi dual band. Flying a P4 I believe I only need a 2.4 ghz. Does it hurt to have a dual band? I like the size and shape of that one. Or should I go down to THESE 7 dbi antennas?

I am waiting on the cables to come in to mod my controller. I will be flying un-boosted. My goal is to just get a little more distance and more penetration through some trees. thx

Reactions: JohnnyB
question ... The video in post 1978 is using this ANTENNA and it's a 10 dbi dual band. Flying a P4 I believe I only need a 2.4 ghz. Does it hurt to have a dual band? I like the size and shape of that one. Or should I go down to THESE 7 dbi antennas?

I am waiting on the cables to come in to mod my controller. I will be flying un-boosted. My goal is to just get a little more distance and more penetration through some trees. thx
Those 7dB antennas you posted... When my P4 was stock, I lost video when I went under these power lines down the field behind my house. Someone gave me those antenna's so I tried them in the same spot and it was like the lines wasn't there. Took me way beyond. They are directional which any directional antenna will out perform an Omni. So, yes, they are better than stock. The duel band you posted.. 8dB @ 2.4ghz and 10dB @ 5.8... Though it would work, seems unnecessary. I'd probably stick with 2.4.

Last edited:
There has to be more to this than power output ?? Could be wrong.
I am assuming an amped antenna would show more power/gain being output. But does that = more range ??
This is IBV stuff here...lol

Not much time. On travel. Sorry:-S.. was handled here earlier or in "antenna jungle..." thread.
  • But yes. You are right. There is more... Like Rx gain, filter quality, cables, other signals, SWR, etc...;)

Last edited:
Sometimes a bird just wants to hang out in a tree and be left alone...
:D
Going to tear her down today :eek:
No disassemble... Who's old enough to remember that movie...Lol

I am thinking something needs to be modded in there... :) I still have that bird side amp sitting around... Hmm
Am thinking about starting with the antennas.
Put some RMA's on it..
Need to find the amp install video...

The interesting part... The antenna's
Why 4 ??? Rear leg antenna are the same. Left and Right.
Front leg antenna are different side to side and integrated into the sensor board. The print pattern antenna on the board is different left to right.

Left side, white is rear leg.

Right side. white is rear also.

Just done a test with rf meter. Holding remote, left side is TX. The birds TX, looking at front, right leg. Looking at back, left leg.
Just went back and found this.. is the black edition the same turbo?

Just went back and found this.. is the black edition the same turbo?
Black is the same.
The white replacement landing gear has everything in the same location.
I thought there was a post where someone tested each leg.
Am trying to find info on this antenna arraignment. Trying to remember who is running, 2 birdside amps and made the install video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka