Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I don't even use prop guards...... I NEED bubble wrap.......

Reactions: JohnnyB and cstout
Flew 6 missions with new antennas. Rotated cables/amps. tried different scenarios. Not enough info to edit...yet... bottom line so far ( old info)... Wifi/city/trees/buildings can't be beat easily. But, I've seen enough proof that at least a local flight can be made from a "Comfortable" seat. Will be trying additional "Scenarios" to see if this can be improved upon.

Is it possible, 2.4ghz can penetrate dry wood buildings BETTER than green trees??? I penetrated multiple houses better than multiple trees...

If I fry the neighborhoods wifi.... does that count as a improvement?

Next time you decide to fly non-fpv, use this on bird....
524f628f5fd9b968a074cc121d5bba9f.jpg
:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: JohnnyB
Is it possible, 2.4ghz can penetrate dry wood buildings BETTER than green trees??? I penetrated multiple houses better than multiple trees.

100% spot on....
Tree's are wifi death...lol
I can't believe how many houses i can fly thru. Or you ( how many metal buildings )
Tree's suck... :)

Last edited:
Well, here's my test findings. I was disappointed a bit, but there are a few things I will try to improve it.

On the first flight in months from this tight quarters, sat. count still under 10, forgot I had company...

On the first flight in months from this tight quarters, sat. count still under 10, forgot I had company...
It's a tree conspiracy against drones... The forest is organizing..
They are sick of us spying on them...lol

The furthest I got out during this set of flights was about 1 mile. I could've found a signal tunnel, but thought I'd better live to see another day.

The furthest I got out during this set of flights was about 1 mile. I could've found a signal tunnel, but thought I'd better live to see another day.
Lots of great testing Gram.. thanks for sharing. Gram gets Test-O-The-Day!

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbomania
Laughs... I support myself by running the "Rat Race" to support my bad buy/drone habit. It just keeps rolling on. Till the "Last Day".....

Finger saw the need for more..... adapters..... (Getting idea).... The plan of getting at least 20-25db out of the antenna TX tips and at least 20db into the controller RX input, will require some "dub step" action.

This all using either 25 ft. coax or (Preferably) 40 ft LMR-400 lengths of coax. Will measure db outputs on both. Saw encouraging db levels using the method I have in mind earlier. Penetrating green trees AND buildings will always be the nexus of this type of action. But what I'm going to try to chase might be the ticket to this enigma. I did experience "over-modulation" in a previous test, but this is to be expected. It is not a issue "at distance".

I have nothing... lol :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav