Flight reports only, FW 1.5.30

I finally got a chance to fly today after updating the bird, remote and apps yesterday. Flew 2 batteries - wish I had 6. One on the Ipad mini 4 and one on the droid tablet. Both worked flawlessly.

Updated my P3 Pro today and flew it for the first time in 2 weeks because of the weather.... I did an 11 point waypoint flight from the favorite missions.... I turned off the waypoint mission and landed it myself after doing some high hovering and taking pictures....

Only problem I noticed was that when I was just about the land I got a message saying "warning: motor obstructed" and "warning: the aircraft enters altitude limited mode"! Also I remember seeing it saying like a propeller was loose (not so!) but it didn't show up on the replays...

Obviously some bugs in the new updates! I am using a Apple Mini iPad 2 and it is updated to the latest OS.

Michael

So far all my birds updated with no issues. All of my clients have had no issues as well. Only one thing was different with updating the controller for the P3A. It took 2 separate updates to complete. It seemed as if it were a 2 stage update. Like I said it was only the P3A. All others only required one. Flew all of them with no known issues.

Updated and took it on a quick flight, all seems good but I have not flown allot of missions, I did have to the re celibate the IMU..

here is a boring video after updating

Reactions: jryser
HI, all good here. Lasted updates plus updated to 32 channels too and set it to one channel @ 4mbps.
Flew out to 1KM and back no problems.

Attachments

• Wangetti-3.jpg
    Wangetti-3.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 300
Looks like a winner here. Not a single person reported anything wrong with this update. Good job DJI!

I have six flights so far with this version of a/c firmware and all is well. No video or stability issues. Maybe I missed this somewhere but I found the RTH altitude had been reset back to 30m. Not sure if the a/c update reset that or the controller update did. I'll remember to check that next time. Could have got into trouble if RTH had kicked in. Big lesson learned for me.

Updated lastnite,indoors afterwards everything connect & appeared great.flew one battery today, no prob on 1st bat. Then put in second bat & app said no signal. TrIed diff device, 3 diff cords, & unhooking/reconnecting v-2 antenna. No signal. Went indoors then got it out 3 hrs later to "fix it" and it connected fine with all the devices, cables, & antennas i was having probs with! It did request me to imu cali. A fluke! I'll fly tomorrow!

My P3P updated easily. Test flew fine. I did not recalibrate anything, last recalibration were with 1.3.2.

iPad mini 2 iOS 9.1. Custom ch 20 and 4mb/s. No dropouts at all.

It did change some of my settings like turned off multi modes and seemed to change gimbal speed and smoothness settings as well as gain and expo seemed quite different, a bit to crisp for me, so I just increased expo and turned down braking etc until it felt like I had it before. And yes the return home altitude was reset and max altitude was set to 120m (400') I changed both to a bit higher, I live in a mountainous region and often fly from the valley floor and we have very tall trees, so it is very possible to fly 400' agl but be 800' above t/o point. But I think it is smart of DJI to set this so that you are responsible for setting it higher.

So a solid update in my opinion, thanks DJI...

Reactions: bobmyers
Nothing but problems here. I get a poor signal rating at start up it won't let me take off without a battery firmware update. I made a huge mistake in updating 1.32 works fine I should have never messed with it. Hopefully Amazon will let me return it. So I can start over.

Nothing but problems here. I get a poor signal rating at start up it won't let me take off without a battery firmware update. I made a huge mistake in updating 1.32 works fine I should have never messed with it. Hopefully Amazon will let me return it. So I can start over.

Has anything else changed in your setup? it appears that you posted on Thursday that you flew 4 miles out at 171ft with this firmware (1.5.3) and said everything was fine.

Has anything else changed in your setup? it appears that you posted on Thursday that you flew 4 miles out at 171ft with this firmware (1.5.3) and said everything was fine.
If i flew 4-10 miles on my first battery i would have reported everythings fine! I didnt see a prob til my 2nd flight

What firmware is on your long range bird?

Try to re-link RC with your P3.

I have six flights so far with this version of a/c firmware and all is well. No video or stability issues. Maybe I missed this somewhere but I found the RTH altitude had been reset back to 30m. Not sure if the a/c update reset that or the controller update did. I'll remember to check that next time. Could have got into trouble if RTH had kicked in. Big lesson learned for me.
Make checking RTH altitude every time before you fly as a part of your regular check list.

Reactions: Stinch
So, I'm hearing two things that make me think here. One is that the batteries are not as hot after flight - and that the motors are quieter. This can only mean that they changed the ESC motor controller firmware to make the motors more efficient. Noise indicates power loss..and vibration in the motors would conduct into the plastic frame and make noise. Vibration and associated noise is actual electrical energy converted into sound. 97+% of the energy from the batteries is going to spin the motors. If they are cooler, the motors have to be drawing less current....which concurs the ESC FET controller firmware upgrade. If this theory is true, flight times should be increased.

What are you guys getting?

Ok so seems all are in agreement this new firmware is the bomb ( in a good way ) but as im still running ios8 due to the whole ios9 and dji go issues thing
Im checking are all who say this is a great update using ios 9 or 8 don't want to go up to 9 and not be able to get back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues