Flight reports only, FW 1.5.30

I flew my P3A today with latest FW 1.5.30 and latest DJI App and RC FW. I used to have drifting issue in high winds earlier, I didn't notice any such drifts today. I feel happy.
Excellent!

He wasn't asking how to update firmware, he was asking about a flight report showing an improvement in a problem.
Absolutely. Disconnects are reported to be addressed in this firmware update and it certainly is part of flying, and freaking out during flying when it happens- like me. If anyone who had the problem notices it's solid now, please say so. I'd also be curious if you have video cache on or off and if you're using auto channel or not.

Ok flew again late this afternoon before dark. Calmer winds than earlier today. The bird is definitely flying straight now, so that issue is THANKFULLY DJI fixed.

Still had some movement trying to hover in place after takeoff. Nothing big, but definitely not perfectly still. Bird seems very responsive though, and I'm sure of my earlier assement- the motors ARE quieter I swear.

My hover at 25' at take and landing was perfect, not a wiggle. I did notice that vps was switched back on after the update so I turned it off again. I just do not need that feature at all thus far. Is yours on? Could be making for a little dance maybe.

Could be right about the motors being quieter, i did,nt focus on that, what i did notice was my batteries are running much cooler,
On occasion with the previous firmware version the sensors would be very hot after a flight then when putting in a fresh battery i would get an IMU escape warning, after letting it cool for some minutes the warning was gone, also i would notice when taking out the battery after a flight it was hot,
These issues seem to have gone with the new FW update.

Both P3Ps updated with DJI GO in my iPad mini 4, iPad Air, iPhone 6, and RC firmware updated through the app. Both flown in higher winds and completely fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took mine up to a local beauty spot yesterday (Cow and Calf Rocks in ilkley for those in the know, ) specifically looking for wind (it's always windy up there). Average wind speed c15mph, gusts up to 23mph. Solid as a rock, no drifting.

Guys,
does it mean, there is no new flight range limitation, only the "old" 500m altitude?

sounds like the new firmware is spot on.

Reactions: jryser
sounds like the new firmware is spot on.
Indeed. I am up to date on all fronts and flew three batteries today. The quad was solid, responsive and smooth.
I flew on Go, Autopilot and Airnest - all three behaved flawlessly.

Reactions: lotusteve
I flew for the first time after update and calibrated everything . I got a no signal indicator right after I took off . It went away about 20 seconds later and never appeared again . I also noticed the battery voltage would dropped .20-.30 and then it would go back up. It did this with 2 of my batteries. I'm not feeling to confident with this update yet. I need to do more testing and reinstall the app before giving up on it.

Updated everything w/o any problems and then flew today in 16-25+ mph winds for a test. Flew in both GPS and ATTI modes. Didn't have any problems and the drift seemed to be gone. Granted, I was in pretty stiff winds, but I was surprised at the steadiness. In ATTI with the wind at my back, I was pushing 55mph. The P3P is a strong performer and I never would have attempted to fly a P2 in wind like this. So far, I've flown over 132mi with this bird! Not as far as some, but a number of my flights are shorter with hovering for sunrises and sets & property shots.

Updated yesterday, flew 2 batteries today, including a Litchi waypoint mission. All was well, no problems

Does anyone know if the latest firmware app combo addressed any of the tilted horizon issues post take off. Haven't had a chance to fly yet due to weather.

Forgot about update until I had a $1000 paper weight! After update though everything is good, had sustained winds of about 20mph and the bird was steady. No drifting or anything and my batteries too seem to be finishing at lower temps. Prior to upgrade they were about 118-125°F range, the upgrade the temps were 104 and 106° after my flights so no issues here accept for the imminent cold and snow that will be grounding me soon.

Forgot about update until I had a $1000 paper weight! After update though everything is good, had sustained winds of about 20mph and the bird was steady. No drifting or anything and my batteries too seem to be finishing at lower temps. Prior to upgrade they were about 118-125°F range, the upgrade the temps were 104 and 106° after my flights so no issues here accept for the imminent cold and snow that will be grounding me soon.
You scared us. It's not paper weight, it's a decoration piece during clod and snow time.

Reactions: Grimfever

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik