Flight reports only, FW 1.5.30

Reaction score
Please try and resist posts about the updating process. Please keep this thread only about your flying experience having done the update and whether or not any of your problems have been fixed.

My first flight was perfect. I wish it was more windy to check out if drifting has been fixed for me, but the bird is flying exactly the way it's supposed to according to my stick forward and reverse inputs. Video feed perfect, no disconnects or app crashes although I sorted that out before doing the update. So, nothing broke having done the update. For me thus far, all great.

Thanks shockwave. I'm updating both birds this evening and will post results tomorrow.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I did my first flight after updated to FW 1.5.30 . No major issues. I carried out waypoints, follow, orbit, course lock, home lock on DJI GO (latest)app. I also flew FPV Camera's Mission Planner without any issues.
My P3P flew accordingly. No lag on video. I am using IPad mini 4 with wifi n cellular. I am happy with the latest DJI FW update.

Last edited:
All updated firmware, Go app. IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, RC stick calibration and compass calibration. Test flight with two batteries, range, video feed, way points, follow me and POI all worked great... Flawless! Also still have 32 channel.

Fine for me too. No problems whatsoever, tested on Go and 3rd party apps with proper waypoint functionality and all is well.

I did FW update 1.5.30 on P3A and see no issues.

Flew yesterday after update. Notice the horizon is now strait. But in all the P3P flew perfect. Only an 8 mph wind. So not much to check there.

P3A
Did the 1.5.30 update around lunch time today, was a piece of cake and went first time,
Took her upstairs to the bedroom on a level surface and cranked the aircon down to 18c,
Went back up after a couple of hours and gave her a good calibrating, it went so well so i decided to give her gimbal and RC a go too,
Went out at 4pm to the field and the warm up time was only a few seconds with 20 sats connected,
Took the first battery down to 35% doing way points and poi, did,nt try the follow me mode as its not really a place to walk around (cobra infested)
As a new pilot never flying over 150 mtrs height and distance and never over water somehow today i felt confident,
Second battery i went straight to 300 mtrs and 400mtrs distance crossing a couple of lakes before returning, no issues to report,
The one thing i did notice is the batteries seem to be running quite a bit cooler than before,

I left the bin file on the sd card but seems the batteries did,nt need an update, will leave the file on there for the moment as i plan to get a couple more batteries in the next weeks.

Edited to say, oh boy do i need some nd filters, sun is so strong here.

P3 Pro V1.5.00.30
iPad Mini 2 (IOS 9.1) WiFi/Cellular
DJI GO 2.4.2
RC Firmware V1.5.70
Updated everything at lunchtime from previous released versions, IMU cal, Gimbal cal, RC Cal No issues.
Flew 2 batteries, waypoints, POI, course lock, home lock everything was as solid as a rock.

Reactions: flyNfrank
updated my P3A with latest 1.5 FW and took 20 min flight without any issues. waiting for app updates 1.4.2 on android so I can get the RC updates as well.

Tested P3A for 10min and no issue with latest fw and GO App. I found better overall live video performance on my Ipad Air.

Anyone test flight distance yet?

It's good to see positive posts. I was starting to get too scared to try the update.

Please try and resist posts about the updating process. Please keep this thread only about your flying experience having done the update and whether or not any of your problems have been fixed.

My first flight was perfect. I wish it was more windy to check out if drifting has been fixed for me, but the bird is flying exactly the way it's supposed to according to my stick forward and reverse inputs. Video feed perfect, no disconnects or app crashes although I sorted that out before doing the update. So, nothing broke having done the update. For me thus far, all great.

It wasn't listed but this version was optimized for heavy wind. However, I'm unsure how it was improved. It was more then likely improved by holding it's position while hovering. For me, I would prefer it to have been when flying into the wind, and it may have I just have yet to verify it in the flight logs. There was a point when I was flying against some pretty strong wing in the line of sight, I noticed the aircraft appeared to be at or near it's usual pitch limit.

Reactions: transmetaman
Do you update by the same process as the other updates? Just downloaded to sd card, inserted in p3p and not seeing or hearing any of the beeps or red and green light on the gimbal like the other updates. Need help

Reactions: transmetaman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl