Flight reports only, FW 1.5.30

Forgot about update until I had a $1000 paper weight! After update though everything is good, had sustained winds of about 20mph and the bird was steady. No drifting or anything and my batteries too seem to be finishing at lower temps. Prior to upgrade they were about 118-125°F range, the upgrade the temps were 104 and 106° after my flights so no issues here accept for the imminent cold and snow that will be grounding me soon.
You don't think flying in 20mph winds and 'imminent cold' might have something to do with the lower battery temperatures by any chance?

You don't think flying in 20mph winds and 'imminent cold' might have something to do with the lower battery temperatures by any chance?
It was 60° when I was flying so nope. I'm just enjoying it while I can cause last year around this time we were covered in like 6 feet of snow. It's only 37° now though so I know it's only a matter of time.

Hello all, Just went for my first flight since doing all of the updates. I was out about 13,500 feet @ just over 300 feet and my P3A was flying perfect when I got a low battery warning at 68% and went into RTH, I cancelled the RTH and flew it home and landed at 36% battery. I checked all cells and all 4 are at 3.77volts. It was kind of chilly, 30 degrees F. I thought maybe the temperature had something to do with it but the battery seems fine, it was fully charged. Not sure what to try, any suggestions?

Hello all, Just went for my first flight since doing all of the updates. I was out about 13,500 feet @ just over 300 feet and my P3A was flying perfect when I got a low battery warning at 68% and went into RTH, I cancelled the RTH and flew it home and landed at 36% battery. I checked all cells and all 4 are at 3.77volts. It was kind of chilly, 30 degrees F. I thought maybe the temperature had something to do with it but the battery seems fine, it was fully charged. Not sure what to try, any suggestions?
How is the video quality. Any latency?

How is the video quality. Any latency?
Hi Bob, the video was the best I've had so far. I've been plagued with very brief video freezes every flight since I got it in Sept. This flight there were zero. I'm running a designated Ipad air 2 so I was surprised that I had the brief issues prior to the updates. The low battery warning at 68% was pretty alarming though being that far out. The bright side is that I know my RTH works!:) Just not sure why at 68% battery.

Reactions: bobmyers
Hi Bob, the video was the best I've had so far. I've been plagued with very brief video freezes every flight since I got it in Sept. This flight there were zero. I'm running a designated Ipad air 2 so I was surprised that I had the brief issues prior to the updates. The low battery warning at 68% was pretty alarming though being that far out. The bright side is that I know my RTH works!:) Just not sure why at 68% battery.
Flew yesterday with 1.4.1 and had quite a bit of latency for the first time--as well as the video not being as clear as usual on the device or thru the Headplay. Havent played the files yet on the computer--

Upgraded everything to day and waiting for some decent weather to check the upgrade out-- maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.!

Dnt u think its the smarts batterys way of telling u to come home coz u went too far?..

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Flew yesterday with 1.4.1 and had quite a bit of latency for the first time--as well as the video not being as clear as usual on the device or thru the Headplay. Havent played the files yet on the computer--

Upgraded everything to day and waiting for some decent weather to check the upgrade out-- maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.!
I think the reason for the Low Batt RetrnHme was because you were far away, so the P3 calculated now is the time to return home. It keeps track of how much juice is needed to return with a safe reserve. Seems very smart to me.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I have a very slight tilt on one of my p3ps that rights itself within a minute of hitting the sky. It's been that way since I got it and no update has solved it. It's solvable with right C1 and right RC wheel if need be.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: bobmyers
I think the reason for the Low Batt RetrnHme was because you were far away, so the P3 calculated now is the time to return home. It keeps track of how much juice is needed to return with a safe reserve. Seems very smart to me.
You and aaronrivera might be spot on. It could be part of one of the new updates. It was my furthest flight to date. I have read that there was no battery update for the new FW but I'm not sure if that was just for the P3P or if that included the P3A also. We'll have to see if anyone else gets the warning if they're further out. Thanks for the input guys, it makes me feel better knowing that maybe it's normal rather than there being an issue with my set up.

If what you say is the way DJI has implemented RTH, I'm very happy then but unfortunately I never read it anywhere else.

You guys are correct. I played the flight record and it went into RTH just after the little yellow circle with the H in it got to the 68% battery level on the top of the screen. These batteries are pretty smart!!:)

i did all the up dates.
two flights and only hitch was a longer
Aircraft warming up signal.
other wise everything went fine.

i did all the up dates.
two flights and only hitch was a longer
Aircraft warming up signal.
other wise everything went fine.

We were told doing a cold imu calibration will cure the long warm up time issue since installing the most recent update.

My good Men, Love is in the Air today. Hahaha
Or was that only my Phantom 3 Pro perusing the neighbourhood? ;-)

Took my little darling for a good long flight around the home front today, and she was purring like a dove. Pretty impressive I must say. So steady, no flucuations what so ever, everything was connected strong throughout this flight, all signals at peak performance. Never a waver. Video signal never even burped. Just perfect, even in the chill air.
This gal deserves her own room. Hehe

RedHotPoker

My good Men, Love is in the Air today. Hahaha
Or was that only my Phantom 3 Pro perusing the neighbourhood? ;-)

Took my little darling for a good long flight around the home front today, and she was purring like a dove. Pretty impressive I must say. So steady, no flucuations what so ever, everything was connected strong throughout this flight, all signals at peak performance. Never a waver. Video signal never even burped. Just perfect, even in the chill air.
This gal deserves her own room. Hehe

RedHotPoker
It's said good things happen to good people. Are you? Haha

Yes, apparently I must be.
Because: As I flew like I had a purpose. . .
One Bird Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers