Flight Record Export

Reaction score
Is there a way to export the flight record, specifically the flight track, so I can load it and view it in Google Earth?

You can get the KML file by uploading your TXT flight log to my log viewer here or to Airdata.

My log viewer is free to use. Airdata is free for a certain number of logs.

Thanks. I used my Phantom to find a trail cut through the woods today that my father helped cut so long ago he couldn't remember where it was, it was neat to be able to find the trail that no one has really seen or used in 40 years. He thought we'd never find it but was extremely impressed when we did. I want to be able to show him the flight route on Google Earth.

For those with GIS knowledge, within DJI Go 4, when accessing your specific flight if you click the Share button you also have the option to Export as .CSV. This .CSV can be saved from within iTunes and it can then be imported to any of the GIS software programs, I used QGIS, and it can be manipulated within that software. I was thinking of converting it to a .GPX file for my GPS, or a .KML file for use in Google Earth.

Or, you can take the .CSV file and upload it to Google My Maps to view the flight route on Google Maps. The caveat with this option is that Google My Maps limits the .CSV records to the first 2000 and this can be an issue as mine had over 11000 records.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl