Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

wkf94025 said:
Sorry to go OT, but I am also amazed at DJI's arrogance/incompetence in customer support/communication/recruitment.

Kelly
Even using people in a forum like this to do their testing and troubleshooting is ridiculous. Then doing so and not being part of the conversation. just silly

Andy T said:
wkf94025 said:
Sorry to go OT, but I am also amazed at DJI's arrogance/incompetence in customer support/communication/recruitment.

Kelly
Even using people in a forum like this to do their testing and troubleshooting is ridiculous. Then doing so and not being part of the conversation. just silly
I totally agree with you and I so pissed that DJI hasen't released a fix yet the public. They have a fix 3.05 but only gave it to the testers, so the testers won't be complaining because their phantoms are flying without problems now.
It's been 4 friggin months already DJI so release what you have already. Where are the others on the forum pushing and to pressure DJI for the public release .
Thank you

Well as I expected , it's the end of the week and NO RELEASE of the 3.05 fix firmware. 5 months coming up in a couple weeks.
Where's the push by the beta testers to get a public release !! Oh , that's right you got the 3.05 firmware so your happy.
My phantom is stripped of all the extras like the gimbal, GS etc... And is sitting because of the situation that DJI sits on their ***' in no hurry if they will ever release a fix. I haven't been flying because of this , it's a safety issue as well as having a phantom fly straight and no TBE.
Maybe the FAA should band them until they fix the problem.

Lenny7118 said:
Well as I expected , it's the end of the week and NO RELEASE of the 3.05 fix firmware. 5 months coming up in a couple weeks.
Where's the push by the beta testers to get a public release !! Oh , that's right you got the 3.05 firmware so your happy.
My phantom is stripped of all the extras like the gimbal, GS etc... And is sitting because of the situation that DJI sits on their ***' in no hurry if they will ever release a fix. I haven't been flying because of this , it's a safety issue as well as having a phantom fly straight and no TBE.
Maybe the FAA should band them until they fix the problem.

I've been pushing for them to leak it over on the other thread. To no avail of course. Wouldn't want to upset DJI... :roll:

IMHO the Beta testers are not the problem, they risked their $2k investment having no idea what Gremlins could take their machine never to be seen again.... to the benefit of us all.

They had an "HandShake" agreement over the Internet to Not leak a Beta version in testing and I think we should respect that.

None of us knows what DJI has uploaded to their machines as DJI doesn't communicate to us the "Little People" or the Beta testers.

We're all in the same boat worldwide, release the #$*())*&%$# 3:05 DJI!!

+16 near Portland Oregon and it's a freakin' handfull to fly... :evil:

"Integrity is how we conduct ourselves when no one is looking"

Navman said:
"Integrity is how we conduct ourselves when no one is looking"

Ugggg. I'm screwed! :twisted:

After hearing that they clean up all the posts on their website, Facebook etc. I have decided to take the cause to another source. Hope this helps. I will edit every post I've made on Phantom 2 reviews once they decide to support their customers.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405750965282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405750965282.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 553
Damon said:
After hearing that they clean up all the posts on their website, Facebook etc. I have decided to take the cause to another source. Hope this helps. I will edit every post I've made on Phantom 2 reviews once they decide to support their customers.
Excellent Damon! One of the main reasons we don't have the firmware yet is there are very few people doing that sort of thing. There has been far too much suppression of this sort of action by a couple of people on these threads which I find very disappointing.

Unfortunately this is a double edged sword. I sure would hate to cause bankruptcy by complete lack of sales. I guess we have to be a good parasite that does not kill the host.

On a side note Microsoft pushes out updates/patches to fix one problem, causing two more. So thorough testing prior to release is a necessity.

Damon said:
Unfortunately this is a double edged sword. I sure would hate to cause bankruptcy by complete lack of sales

The DJI platforms were a game changer for many of us including myself.

That they could come so far then nothing when they are on the one yard line to complete our investments.

Beta testers risked their own machines then are left to speculate what's in 3:05, does it remember between cycles? etc

Can't someone from DJI LA at least participate in this forum, are they forbidden by the Mother Ship?

Makes me wonder if they aren't having some serious internal problems as do many fast growing companies :?

Not a fact, just something that I can't comprehend.

Damon said:
Unfortunately this is a double edged sword. I sure would hate to cause bankruptcy by complete lack of sales. I guess we have to be a good parasite that does not kill the host.

On a side note Microsoft pushes out updates/patches to fix one problem, causing two more. So thorough testing prior to release is a necessity.
Hey don't worry. you won't drive them out of business but if you did it would be awesome because somebody that actually knew what they are doing might take over

I live in north central Montana. We have about 18 degrees declination. I have all the described issues, in fact, mine is almost impossible to control in GPS mode. The drift is so bad that working against it is very difficult for the first few minutes of flight.

lrispens said:
I live in north central Montana. We have about 18 degrees declination. I have all the described issues, in fact, mine is almost impossible to control in GPS mode. The drift is so bad that working against it is very difficult for the first few minutes of flight.
I hear ya. mentioning your problem on DJIs facebook page won't hurt to get this fixed https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal

lrispens said:

Mine is 17.3.. Central British Columbia.. I'm wondering when they finally release the firmware, if it will really totally fix the problem.. I was out flying yesterday with my 2+.. Kept wanting to go into the TBE.. Still major left hook.. And skewing left, during a straight run.. After 5 minutes, it got better, but never actually corrected the problem.. I'm afraid they'll come out with an upgrade that will have the vision skip the first 4 minutes of flight, that the Naza needs to learn.. Unfortunately, even after 4 minutes, my copter still isn't flying like it's advertised to do.

WOW DJI actually responded to a comment on Facebook about this problem. Go to their page and check the "posts to page section" and scroll down. Thanks to those of you posting to the page. I think it helps a lot or at least keeps it on their radar. Go like comments and give support.
https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor