Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

d4ddyo said:
sar104 said:
b1nuzz said:
I wrote to DJI on Facebook about this. I received the following reply;

Hi, we are aware of this issue and are looking into it. It is not a simple fix as it does not occur on all Phantoms. You will see footage from the South Island of New Zealand and Northern Canada in our showreel, and neither of those users reported an issue.

Interesting that they regard two users not reporting it as definitive evidence that it does not affect them.

so i have a simpler solution... if there are some that are working correctly in high declination areas... then they can keep replacing my phantom until i get one that works correctly.

Something tells me that you might get to test a lot of Phantoms that way.

b1nuzz said:
Lenny7118 said:
I went on Facebook right when I found out about this problem , months ago and the people on Facebook never knew of the problem and to this day they don't even discuss it. I also went on DJI Facebook page and wrote them and they never wrote back. DJI doesn't care !

Hi, we are aware of this issue and are looking into it. It is not a simple fix as it does not occur on all Phantoms. You will see footage from the South Island of New Zealand and Northern Canada in our showreel, and neither of those users reported an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Write them back and say to keep sending replacements then till we get a good one

I just commented on three of there recent posts on FB as well as showing a picture of a flight path that ianwood did at the beginning of all this. Then at the end of some of them i did Project Drunken Sparrow in all caps. We need to keep blasting them until this is fixed. Please, to those that don't even have this issue help us out!!

I wrote back to DJI on Facebook, and suggested that two videos weren't really enough proof that the problem doesn't exist.

I got this reply;

Hi Ben, as said above, we are looking into it. It is not a simple fix as it does not occur on all Phantoms, making testing and evaluation a much more difficult task.

I told them they were welcome to have mine for testing if they give me one without a problem.

b1nuzz said:
I wrote back to DJI on Facebook, and suggested that two videos weren't really enough proof that the problem doesn't exist.

I got this reply;

Hi Ben, as said above, we are looking into it. It is not a simple fix as it does not occur on all Phantoms, making testing and evaluation a much more difficult task.

I told them they were welcome to have mine for testing if they give me one without a problem.

I want to go to China and kick them in their Baoding balls

b1nuzz said:

I got this reply;

it makes it easier. you put the two side by side and see which one of these things is not like the other. Boom.. troubleshot!

Can we track down the South Island user who isn't having any issue?

Maybe that's a faulty batch one, and that's why it flies straight :eek:

Does anyone in say. NZ, have a P2 that demonstrably flies as it should? E.g. any reports of people in high declination areas not having problems?

I'm in Christchurch, NZ (South Island). Can anyone give a link to the showreel they are referring to and I'll call them personally to get feedback...

Ok. I found two films on DJI's showreel which were shot in NZ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUeElbDzWo
and
https://vimeo.com/95899599

I've written to both these people to see if they have experienced any problems with their Phantoms. Stay tuned.

Cheers
Paul

It is stupid because its relatively easy to make a video without showing the negative effects.
So the users that have made these videos may well ahve the negative effects but just choose to ignore them.

Here is the video I made on my second flight with my new P2 and you cant see any negative effects. I can assure you they were there as bad as ever. Filmed in Christchurch, NZ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSym5AvNpv4&list=UUmJtaxe1zadQC69XIexsP4A&feature=share

nzvideoguys said:

and

I've written to both these people to see if they have experienced any problems with their Phantoms. Stay tuned.

Cheers
Paul
The first video makes no mention of it being a Phantom 2.

varix said:
nzvideoguys said:

and

Cheers
Paul
The first video makes no mention of it being a Phantom 2.
"

The only NZ shots in their showreel video that I can see are from Queenstown, where I live. They were shot with an S1000 (well at least the one with the yellow Lamborghini is - I drive that car for a job)

I just brought a P2/H3-3D, only have 2 short test flights so I can't contribute just yet but will when I have a few more flights.

Ian & team,

Here are a couple ideas that came to me in the middle of the night for additional visuals for the campaign. Slapped this together quickly and used cheap cell phone camera for the images, so apologies for the grainy imagery. If anyone wants to take the concept further, I hereby grant this group a royalty-free worldwide license to this IP.

You could have a lot of fun with tag lines here. You could also do a fun short video clip of the DJI logo placed on the water, then flush. Or broken props circling the drain. Or photocopy a bunch of $20 bills and have them circling the drain. The toilet lid is also begging for a larger DJI logo (or the drunken sparrow logo) to be photoshopped in.

Kelly

Attachments

• DJI Toilet Bowl 1.jpg
    DJI Toilet Bowl 1.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 363
  • DJI Toilet Bowl 2.jpg
    DJI Toilet Bowl 2.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 397
wkf94025 said:
Ian & team,

Here are a couple ideas that came to me in the middle of the night for additional visuals for the campaign. Slapped this together quickly and used cheap cell phone camera for the images, so apologies for the grainy imagery. If anyone wants to take the concept further, I hereby grant this group a royalty-free worldwide license to this IP.

You could have a lot of fun with tag lines here. You could also do a fun short video clip of the DJI logo placed on the water, then flush. Or broken props circling the drain. Or photocopy a bunch of $20 bills and have them circling the drain. The toilet lid is also begging for a larger DJI logo (or the drunken sparrow logo) to be photoshopped in.

Kelly

!!!! LMAO

Oh man! That is hysterical. I love it. Perfect for some meme style captions. I'll do some Photoshop on it later.

Keep 'em coming guys!

I haven't seen much talk of this over at RCGroups Forum. Do you guys want me to start the campaign there?

onfourblades said:
landonkk said:
I haven't seen much talk of this over at RCGroups Forum. Do you guys want me to start the campaign there?
yes please do

Done: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... st28495178

Do you guys think I should change the title of my post? I made it what it is to fit in with the graphic and to make sure it got attention, which is what we are looking for, but people are saying it is misleading.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka