Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

d4ddyo said:
ianwood said:
d4ddyo said:
Make a FB page specifically for this and invite everyone

DJI will never see it. We need to post in all the places people look online before they buy. DJI on FB, DJI on Twitter, DJI on Instagram, product review sites, blogs, forums, etc. That is what DJI will care about most. Put it where perspective buyers are browsing and then their tone will change. But it has to be images and videos. Everything else gets buried.

Nothing to do with DJI... it's to keep us organized as we grow. just link more and more videos etc out there.

We have the forum to do that for now. Let's amass the content and if it gets to be a lot, we can consider a FB page. But first, the whole thing I've been going on about for the past several days is a media campaign to make sure everyone who is considering buying a Phantom knows about this problem. That means plastering content all over any site a perspective buyer might visit.

So... I need volunteers who can use Photoshop or edit a video!

I went on Facebook right when I found out about this problem , months ago and the people on Facebook never knew of the problem and to this day they don't even discuss it. I also went on DJI Facebook page and wrote them and they never wrote back. DJI doesn't care !

Lenny7118 said:
I went on Facebook right when I found out about this problem , months ago and the people on Facebook never knew of the problem and to this day they don't even discuss it. I also went on DJI Facebook page and wrote them and they never wrote back. DJI doesn't care !

Join the revolution!!!

Attachments

• dji-other-no-fly-1.jpg
    dji-other-no-fly-1.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 280
Ian - your image looks very pretty splattered over DJI's facebook posts... :p

More likes and more posts! BTW, try to use the newer version of the image. If you only see one version, hit refresh.

So, this is just the beginning. Get used to posting to DJI's page (and other places as well). As you can see, having an image is much more powerful than just writing text. Who else wants to create a some images? Videos are good too!

onfourblades said:
just realized they are heavily censoring the posts..... log off your facebook account and look at there Facebook page.... none of our post are there

You have to be logged in to FB to see them. Only DJI can post to their external (outside of FB) version of their page. I used a different account and "she" liked all your posts.

onfourblades said:
just realized they are heavily censoring the posts..... log off your facebook account and look at there Facebook page.... none of our post are there
The posts are actually still all there. Facebook is pushing them down because they look like spam because the same image is being used too often... my guess

sar104 said:
The posts are there, and near the top if you look at "Posts by others" - i.e. not by DJI.
The comments they are making on DJIs posts are getting pushed down because they look spammy to facebook

Andy T said:
sar104 said:
The posts are there, and near the top if you look at "Posts by others" - i.e. not by DJI.
The comments they are making on DJIs posts are getting pushed down because they look spammy to facebook

depends. you can sort when they were posted or most popular. more like the better.

Lenny7118 said:

I wrote to DJI on Facebook about this. I received the following reply;

Hi, we are aware of this issue and are looking into it. It is not a simple fix as it does not occur on all Phantoms. You will see footage from the South Island of New Zealand and Northern Canada in our showreel, and neither of those users reported an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1nuzz said:
Lenny7118 said:

Hi, we are aware of this issue and are looking into it. It is not a simple fix as it does not occur on all Phantoms. You will see footage from the South Island of New Zealand and Northern Canada in our showreel, and neither of those users reported an issue.

Being aware of the issue and telling ian that we are delayed for other pressing issues is not good enough

b1nuzz said:

So 2 users not reporting it means it doesn't occur in all Phantoms. Maybe they were to involved in getting their footage to understand its a defect.

b1nuzz said:
Lenny7118 said:

Interesting that they regard two users not reporting it as definitive evidence that it does not affect them.

sar104 said:
b1nuzz said:
Lenny7118 said:

Interesting that they regard two users not reporting it as definitive evidence that it does not affect them.

so i have a simpler solution... if there are some that are working correctly in high declination areas... then they can keep replacing my phantom until i get one that works correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic