First phantom crash today

Got my first crash. It only cost a prop guard. I was lucky because it did a cartwheel. I learned to never ever land going down wind. Never ever get cocky and switch from GPS to manual when you are close to the ground. And finally don't get too comfortable with GPS mode. Try ATTI or Manual if you want adrenal rush! :shock:

CyberVet65 said:
Got my first crash. It only cost a prop guard. I was lucky because it did a cartwheel. I learned to never ever land going down wind. Never ever get cocky and switch from GPS to manual when you are close to the ground. And finally don't get too comfortable with GPS mode. Try ATTI or Manual if you want adrenal rush! :shock:
OR, if you want to crash ;)
I've got well over 100 flights on mine(1 minor crash-landing gone bad-no damage), and never once tried manual, nor do I even have a desire too. I have way too much money invested in mine, it's not a toy for me.
I use GPS mode most of the time, except when filming-then I switch to attitude mode-as the aircraft's movements are more fluid and controlled. Also, there's less tendency for adverse yaw, cause by course correction, when in GPS mode. The aircraft in that mode, tends to yaw UN-predictably, which ruins the shot.

Bottom line; it's your aircraft-do what you want. But, try and learn something from what you do, so that history doesn't repeat itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl