First (intentional) crash

Why would you think I'm kidding? I have been fishing for many years (over 55). I love to catch fish, but I always release them. It is the sport that I am after, not the protein. I can purchase all the fish I want to at the grocery store or fish market (I happen to live on the coast of Maine). Most of the fish available are either farm raised or are sustainably harvested. Tuna are on of the most endangered species of top of the food chain predator fish.

OADN, I have been a member of enough message boards over the years to know that it is important to respect everyone's view, even if they don't happen to align with yours. Enough said on my end. Peace.
zeldon50

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I don't mean any disrespect. I can actually see where this could be an unfair advantage, if the method in the video were used to harvest a species in trouble. I use the coat hanger method, in a very dirty bay. To say the visibility is poor is hilarious. My p3s just drops the bait, blindly for the most part and returns. I look for waves breaking and birds working, but no way I can see the fish, ever. It's the same as kayaking baits out, or owning a boat. My back hurts too bad for kayaks and I don't want a saltwater boat, so maybe I'm just lazy. Don't take it the wrong way, though. [emoji16]

I'm really getting sick of the politics on this site...

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It has not gone unnoticed, but the Mods can't be everywhere.

Simply report it. They welcome it.

They will investigate and you remain anonymous.

Reactions: aermale
Thanks. I really do like all the info on the site. Most are very helpful, but there is a small percentage that are looking for podium. I asked who carries a firearm in another thread and the mods allowed relentless attacks. We were having a civil Convo, without all that. I was wondering about carrying because my attention is up in the air, watching my AC.
The same thing with a hunting scout thread...A few ppl really lost their minds.
Now, I'm getting crap on a fishing thread...For catch and release of a single trout...
I like the site, but it's becoming a podium for anonymous pot shots at ppl you don't agree with.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Thanks. I really do like all the info on the site. Most are very helpful, but there is a small percentage that are looking for podium. I asked who carries a firearm in another thread and the mods allowed relentless attacks. We were having a civil Convo, without all that. I was wondering about carrying because my attention is up in the air, watching my AC.
Now, I'm getting crap on a fishing thread...For catch and release of a single trout...
I like the site, but it's becoming a podium for anonymous pot shots at ppl you don't agree with.

I really thought the fishing thing was a stretch... people just need something to feel righteous about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pomonabill220

(not trying to become a podium here, don't have the energy). Remember, some people are not from the US, and don't understand "carry" issues. They really think we live in the Wild West in our country. It scares them. (I ran into this in Canada, where the border guard took my pepper spray and told me "you need protection in the US, but not here!" (sheesh!).

FWIW, I do a bit of photography in the middle of the night, and I'm nearly always by myself, and yes, I carry regularly. Last summer, shooting stars on a golf course, I heard a huge (man sized) splash in a water trap, and think it might have been a black bear, since I couldn't see "eyes" when I shined the tactical flashlight on it. Some months later, the same thing happened at a local lake at night, this time right in front of me. Heard it, but couldn't see it.

If your point is that you lose situational awareness when you fly (I fly FPV, and this is definitely the case), it is certainly true--you have to concentrate on the aircraft. I was more worried about snakes when I took the star pictures, because it was completely pitch black where I was in both cases. (BTW I incorporated the golf course pics into a slideshow on YT, look for "To the Moon and Beyond: The Night Sky". )

As for flying, for my own safety, I switched from headplays to Flysight goggles. I think personal safety (notice the use of "safety, not security", which is deliberate) matters ALL THE TIME, and there are many ex-military people on here, like me. We get it, believe me. Don't give up on the forum because some don't understand where you are coming from.

Reactions: jephoto and aermale
Sorry, but am I the only one who thinks this is just plain unfair?
Yes, you are.

And if you use any artifact to assist you in catching fish, by your own standard you're just plain unfair. If you don't agree, a word comes to mind...

I don't mean any disrespect. I can actually see where this could be an unfair advantage, if the method in the video were used to harvest a species in trouble.
First, I'll be up-front about my attitude on this particular narrow subject: It is nothing more than a "holier than thou" opportunity for those asserting some issue of "fairness". To drive the point home:

Would those that agree with this thinking please help the rest of us by listing what tools are "fair" to use when fishing, and the criteria by which fairness is determined?

I'm looking for anything here. Until now, I wasn't aware that some tools were fair (apparently fishing poles, hooks, etc. are "fair"; how about pole spears? I'm a SCUBA diver and spearfish; I really need to know if I'm being fair or not. Fair on snorkel, not on SCUBA? Or fair with a pony tank, but nothing over 15 cu ft?).

Or is it only if electronics are involved? Fish finders fair or not? GPS?

It was more than a stretch, it's down right rude.
It was worse than rude, it was thoughtless and indefensible. See my post a few above this one to get an idea of just how ridiculous such thinking is...

First, I'll be up-front about my attitude on this particular narrow subject: It is nothing more than a "holier than thou" opportunity for those asserting some issue of "fairness". To drive the point home:

Would those that agree with this thinking please help the rest of us by listing what tools are "fair" to use when fishing, and the criteria by which fairness is determined?

I'm looking for anything here. Until now, I wasn't aware that some tools were fair (apparently fishing poles, hooks, etc. are "fair"; how about pole spears? I'm a SCUBA diver and spearfish; I really need to know if I'm being fair or not. Fair on snorkel, not on SCUBA? Or fair with a pony tank, but nothing over 15 cu ft?).

Or is it only if electronics are involved? Fish finders fair or not? GPS?

"Fair" is an arbitrary notion.

When I fish I use only flippers and my teeth. And a prosthetic dorsal fin.

When I fish I use a magic wand I bought from hogwarts school Of wizards - geez - kite fishing trolling etc has been used for years

I prefer to dangle a watch over the water's surface.
When the fish comes up to see what time it is, I grab him.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3074542274bf638ad7bdbd31d6264477.jpg

p-atti mode is essentially "manual" mode, where all sensors are disabled, and it does not auto stabilize or correct for drift

Is drone fishing safe? I've been thinking about trying it out but I am worried that I will lose my drone in the process.
Thanks!

Is drone fishing safe? I've been thinking about trying it out but I am worried that I will lose my drone in the process.
Thanks!
Not at all. That's why I bought a 2nd hand p3s. I'm thinking about getting insurance on it, too.

p3s- fishing
p4 Black- Inspections

They make release clips for Trolling for holding the fishing line , some are adjustable & some just use spring pressure . I have used a lot of them when Trolling with Dipsie divers & Down Riggers & out rigger rigs . Would be pretty easy to tie one off of a Drone & let the weight of the fish pop it out of the clip , might have been what they were using in the Video , I couldn't tell.
It is possible in some states in the USA , this form of fishing may be restricted or illegal , have to check fishing regulations in your area .

As far as carrying a firearm , I never leave home with out one or two & I don't care what someone thinks of it , I've been all over the world & there is no where safe anymore .Better to have one & not need it , then need one & not have it , just ask all those people who have been in these terror attacks , all over the world !

Reactions: jephoto and aermale
They make release clips for Trolling for holding the fishing line , some are adjustable & some just use spring pressure . I have used a lot of them when Trolling with Dipsie divers & Down Riggers & out rigger rigs . Would be pretty easy to tie one off of a Drone & let the weight of the fish pop it out of the clip , might have been what they were using in the Video , I couldn't tell.
It is possible in some states in the USA , this form of fishing may be restricted or illegal , have to check fishing regulations in your area .

As far as carrying a firearm , I never leave home with out one or two & I don't care what someone thinks of it , I've been all over the world & there is no where safe anymore .Better to have one & not need it , then need one & not have it , just ask all those people who have been in these terror attacks , all over the world !
I have a set of downrigger release clips, but I didn't like that approach. The coathanger method is really simple for dropping the bait,too. If I were fishing in clear water, like the video, I'd use the downriggers, for sure tho

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94