First (intentional) crash

Reaction score
I was fishing with a p3s today. The AC warmed up into p mode with ample gps to lift off. Noticing it was too close to my lines, I moved it right before taking off. What I didn't see is that it switched to p-atti mode. The s1 was all the way up, so it wasn't that. The wind promptly gusted, flinging my AC instantly out, over the water. It was calm before, but Murphy's Law takes over, if you allow it. I wrangled it back over the shore, but it was kareening into a bunch of trees. After a couple of attempts to stabilize, I knew I would lose it soon. I did the only thing I could think of...I intentionally flew it into the ground... I know, right..
No harm was done to the bird, however. This was before I even casted, the first time. I inspected the AC and restarted everything and it was okay. I fished for awhile longer and even caught and released a nice sized sand trout, on a 1/4 mile cast.
WTH is p-atti? This caught me off guard and taught me to look at my screen a bit more, before lifting off. I'm still a bit pissed at Murphy, too. That wind gust was so perfectly timed. It was ultra calm both before and after...ugh

I was fishing with a p3s today. The AC warmed up into p mode with ample gps to lift off. Noticing it was too close to my lines, I moved it right before taking off. What I didn't see is that it switched to p-atti mode. The s1 was all the way up, so it wasn't that. The wind promptly gusted, flinging my AC instantly out, over the water. It was calm before, but Murphy's Law takes over, if you allow it. I wrangled it back over the shore, but it was kareening into a bunch of trees. After a couple of attempts to stabilize, I knew I would lose it soon. I did the only thing I could think of...I intentionally flew it into the ground... I know, right..
No harm was done to the bird, however. This was before I even casted, the first time. I inspected the AC and restarted everything and it was okay. I fished for awhile longer and even caught and released a nice sized sand trout, on a 1/4 mile cast.
WTH is p-atti? This caught me off guard and taught me to look at my screen a bit more, before lifting off. I'm still a bit pissed at Murphy, too. That wind gust was so perfectly timed. It was ultra calm both before and after...ugh
Because u had your switch in p mode for p- gps as long as you getting enough satellites to maintain p-gps, it stays in that mode. You lost enough or all of the satellites that it switched to p-atti.
I am new to this so if I am wrong someone will correct me!!!

Reactions: aermale
I think I might have covered the top of the AC with my hand when I moved it. I've noticed that will instantly wipe all satellites on my p4. It just never recovered and I didn't see it, until I was airborne.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, but am I the only one who thinks this is just plain unfair? Our advancing technology is exactly why the oceans will be completely fished out in forty years at our present rate of decimation. Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we should. Just my .02...
zeldon50

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sorry, but am I the only one who thinks this is just plain unfair? Our advancing technology is exactly why the oceans will be completely fished out in forty years at our present rate of decimation. Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we should. Just my .02...
zeldon50

You're kidding right?

Why would you think I'm kidding? I have been fishing for many years (over 55). I love to catch fish, but I always release them. It is the sport that I am after, not the protein. I can purchase all the fish I want to at the grocery store or fish market (I happen to live on the coast of Maine). Most of the fish available are either farm raised or are sustainably harvested. Tuna are on of the most endangered species of top of the food chain predator fish.

OADN, I have been a member of enough message boards over the years to know that it is important to respect everyone's view, even if they don't happen to align with yours. Enough said on my end. Peace.
zeldon50

Reactions: Casper`s P4
That's the first time that I've seen a drone used this way! I'd like to see more of how everything was rigged!!

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's really easy, you can use a coat hanger attached to the legs with the 'hook' part facing backwards. Make a loop in the line a few feet from the tackle and attach to the 'hook'. Fly out and when you need to drop the line yaw the bird 180 and real the loop off the hook.

Gonna try it on some lakes here in Colorado in the summer.

It's really easy, you can use a coat hanger attached to the legs with the 'hook' part facing backwards. Make a loop in the line a few feet from the tackle and attach to the 'hook'. Fly out and when you need to drop the line yaw the bird 180 and real the loop off the hook.

Gonna try it on some lakes here in Colorado in the summer.
That's the method I use! It works great, btw. Good luck and have fun with it!!

Thanks. And I'll eat every lake trout I can catch, they are yummy grilled with some fresh thyme and rosemary from our garden :)
I loved the brown trout I had the last time I visited Colorado. We stayed in winter Park, and I can't wait to go again. Its way more laid back than Texas, and nowhere near the horrible crime.

Lake, rainbows are good and my favorite are brook trout. We get some hybrids too like splakes, a cross between a brook and lake trout..

I love lake fishing out here :)

1097054_10200549648038839_263354454_o.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94