First fly away attempt atti saved

Reaction score
Howdy,
So started flying like normal. Landed, inserted 2nd battery, took off and away it went. Northwest like it was in atti mode. I reviewed the play back and I wasn't controlling it till I changed to atti mode and brought it back. Got it hovering over me and switched back to normal gps mode and away it went in same direction. Again, switched to atti mode brought it back.....but this time landed it....lol. It immediately started out with high interference, calibration needed????? So I tried to recalibrate, but it just flat out wouldn't and flashed the lights red on the phantom. Anyone come across this before? I only fly here in the same spot and have 50 or so flights. Never any issues. Any clues?

Hey I had the same problem happen to me about a month ago. I was flying real low and it was about to crash into a wall, the only thing I could do was crash land it so it wouldn't hit the wall. At the time the battery flew out, Once I revived my bird to make sure it did not have physical damage i started getting a message about recalibration. i recalibrated the bird and up it went with no problem, havent seen the issue again

You should definitely reset the entire app and do the IMU calibration 2 or 3 times and try again.

If it still does it, contact DJI.

It's great that you understood ATTI and reacted to save it! Many pilots would have just stood there and watched.

IMU calibration won't fix anything. If the IMU was stuffed, ATTI wouldn't have saved it. It was either compass or GPS related as those are the two things that turn off in ATTI mode.

OP, when you say "high interference" exactly what did it say? Do you have your VPS turned off?

Yeah, was really weird. Brought it inside, took the blades off and checked IMU and was fine, but did the recalibrate to to be sure. Then I did a compass calibration and all was fine. Haven't tried to fly again, lost daylight, but will try again tomorrow after work. Had the DBS installed and been playing with distances. Had perfect signal and video...lol just started returning to China...lol

VPS is the optical flow system on the bottom which still doesn't work right. It has been implicated in similar types of events. You should make sure it is turned off.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441337150.443909.jpg

Where is the option to turn it off and what exactly is its purpose. 1st time after many flights to have this issue. Seems like a compass issue, but can't figure out where the electro signals were coming from to disturb it. I have power lines around the neighborhood, but have flown close by with never any issues

Could you please post the app version number and firmware number you are using?

Also I would mind looking at the .txt file for this flight if you zip and attach it here.

I'm a new pilot but I want to learn. In case this ever starts to happen to me I can toggle into ATTI mode? Whenever I try to switch modes it says can't switch mode in mid-flight or something like that. How are you able to toggle modes?

I'm a new pilot but I want to learn. In case this ever starts to happen to me I can toggle into ATTI mode? Whenever I try to switch modes it says can't switch mode in mid-flight or something like that. How are you able to toggle modes?
I'm new too, but my first guess is both IOC and MULTI-MODE have to be enabled on the GO app in order to change flight modes during flight. Not sure where on the app, poke around...only way to learn

I'm new too, but my first guess is both IOC and MULTI-MODE have to be enabled on the GO app in order to change flight modes during flight. Not sure where on the app, poke around...only way to learn

I found the mode. Does IOC needed enabled too? One more question you might have figured out that I couldn't find listed ANYWHERE online or in preferences. What setting enables saving an .SRT subtitles file to go with my video?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl