First Flight is in the Books

Reaction score
I picked up my new P3P yesterday. I think I got a decent price for it $700 brand new in box, delivered. I didn't want to say anything because from everything I was seeing it was a great price. Usually if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I thought I was possibly end up with a refurbished Phantom. Anyway, I charged her up and spent some time going thru the settings. I had already read the manual 3 times before it arrived. Lurking on this board helped more than anything else. Everything fired up (no Props) and I started going through some of the parameters. I notice that it said it gad interference on the channel it defaulted to. I went in and looked at the channels, and sure enough 20 was clean and clear. Change made.

With all the problems with FW updates, I followed the advice on some on here, and flew her as she came out of the box. Flawless is the word that comes to mind. I'm hooked!

Two questions.
Can you take a picture when you are recording video?
I expected the videos 720K versions to be in my gallery on my iPhone 7. Nope. Do I have to set something up for that to happen?

Thanks for all your help! It is so much appreciated.

Bill

I picked up my new P3P yesterday. I think I got a decent price for it $700 brand new in box, delivered. I didn't want to say anything because from everything I was seeing it was a great price. Usually if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I thought I was possibly end up with a refurbished Phantom. Anyway, I charged her up and spent some time going thru the settings. I had already read the manual 3 times before it arrived. Lurking on this board helped more than anything else. Everything fired up (no Props) and I started going through some of the parameters. I notice that it said it gad interference on the channel it defaulted to. I went in and looked at the channels, and sure enough 20 was clean and clear. Change made.

With all the problems with FW updates, I followed the advice on some on here, and flew her as she came out of the box. Flawless is the word that comes to mind. I'm hooked!

Two questions.
I expected the videos 720K versions to be in my gallery on my iPhone 7. Nope. Do I have to set something up for that to happen?

Bill

Hi Bill,
Well, it's great to hear it's working fine!
In answer to your questions....
1/ No, you cannot take stills whilst shooting video, so stop videoing and then take the stills you want
2/ The recorded app videos are store within the app. Start up the app and when you get to the "connect your device" screen and go to the Editor on the bottom. On the next screen, touch the "Album" tab at the top, then touch the "Videos" tab - your stored vids will then be displayed. You can save these to your camera roll if you wish.

Two questions.

Bill
Great news that all went well.

An adder to what @Numone said. You may need to enable "Cache During Video Shooting" setting in the app to have the videos available after flying.

Also, the tip about no pix when recording video is included in the list of tips I sent you earlier this week. Now that you've flown, I suggest going back over those tips since they will probably make more sense now. :)

Great news that all went well.

An adder to what @Numone said. You may need to enable "Cache During Video Shooting" setting in the app to have the videos available after flying.

Also, the tip about no pix when recording video is included in the list of tips I sent you earlier this week. Now that you've flown, I suggest going back over those tips since they will probably make more sense now. :)

Thanks! it's on the list.

Hi Bill,
Well, it's great to hear it's working fine!
In answer to your questions....
1/ No, you cannot take stills whilst shooting video, so stop videoing and then take the stills you want
2/ The recorded app videos are store within the app. Start up the app and when you get to the "connect your device" screen and go to the Editor on the bottom. On the next screen, touch the "Album" tab at the top, then touch the "Videos" tab - your stored vids will then be displayed. You can save these to your camera roll if you wish.

Thanks Numone!

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing