Firmware update 3/26/14

extrememc said:
I couldn't really tell if you had a osd mini connected to your GS. If so how is it connected. GS to canbus then mini plug into GS? Are you using pc or ipad? . Plus fabbing a canbus link plug to be short and flat, right now it goes up the leg where the compass is a little.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the FPV Hub, the iOSD mini is plugged into that, then the 2.4ghz Data link is plugged into the iOSD mini.
One antenna is taped to a leg, vertically, the other runs the length of the airframe.
This is all held together with servo tape for now, I'm working on a 'mount case' idea.
I use both, PC and ipad.

DSC_0683.jpg

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0685.jpg

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
NOT HAPPY WITH UPDATE

any one else having problems with their phantom after the new update mine just wiped itself out after landing that is not fixed at all infact its worse im now going to email DJI and see what they got to say this is getting silly

It wiped itself out after landing...? What happened?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
extrememc said:
Is anyone flying with iosd and GS? Try to see a picture of how it is setup on the P2.

I have put my iosd mini inside my phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtE ... X6km7Crgf3

Since the install have you had any issues, iOSD rattling around or .. im about to open mine up this weekend and see what I can fit in, having all this crap outside just looks bad but oh well :)

Got my order in for GS and will be doing a update this weekend.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was so hoping it would go smoothly but it wont even start to go!!!

So downloaded the Phantom Assistant 2.0

Try to update but it says I need to log in, but when I put my username and password in it comes back Error:Undefined Message:299

I think it may be an issue DJI side as even their sites to reset password or register new account don't work.

Help me . . . :cry:

Cr8tive_leo said:

That's got to be about 100g to 150g of cabling and plastic. Shell those critters and tuck them inside the mothership!

neiloakley said:

Try to update but it says I need to log in, but when I put my username and password in it comes back Error:Undefined Message:299

I think it may be an issue DJI side as even their sites to reset password or register new account don't work.

I had the same reaction. Simple, stupid stuff like user management does not work. DJI needs better product managers and user experience designers who can clean this mess up. Anyway, you have to create a new account.

ianwood said:
That's got to be about 100g to 150g of cabling and plastic. Shell those critters and tuck them inside the mothership!

Ummm, no... I prefer keep anything awawy from the fc and gps. (I read the manual) :mrgreen:

I don't keep it all on the bird anyways. Depending on what I am doing, I'll have the fpv only, fpv with iosd, or the whole lot, or nothing.

I like it, looks like it's having a big poop. :lol:

Fink said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
NOT HAPPY WITH UPDATE

any one else having problems with their phantom after the new update mine just wiped itself out after landing that is not fixed at all infact its worse im now going to email DJI and see what they got to say this is getting silly

It wiped itself out after landing...? What happened?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

the take of effect when you land thee phantom bounces and tries to go up then it wiped out ... the update was supposed to fix it wo when i landed i did not worry about it but it happened and coursed it to crash. I have emailed DJI they got back to me but said they did not know what i was saying so emailed them back with the release notes and what happened hopeful it will sink in this time think they trying to to be funny as i have said i want new propellers off them as these new ones were ruined first flight with them and this happens after an update thats supposed to fix it .... it also mess with the gain settings as well

stevet said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
extrememc said:
Is anyone flying with iosd and GS? Try to see a picture of how it is setup on the P2.

I have put my iosd mini inside my phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtE ... X6km7Crgf3

Since the install have you had any issues, iOSD rattling around or .. im about to open mine up this weekend and see what I can fit in, having all this crap outside just looks bad but oh well :)
3m sticky tape . my phantom has crashed twice since i have installed it and it all still in place do you want a link to the installation video it really easy ?

neiloakley said:

un install the 1.08 version first and un install 2.0 and try it again see if that works ?

ianwood said:
Cr8tive_leo said:

neiloakley said:

I had the same reaction. Simple, stupid stuff like user management does not work. DJI needs better product managers and user experience designers who can clean this mess up. Anyway, you have to create a new account.

I did not have a problem have you guys un installed the 1.08 assistant software as it stays on your pc you have to do it manually then try re installing the 2.0 and see if it helps mine went smoothly just the update has mucked my phantom up and did not fix what they said it would so your not missing anything good

Updated the firmware yesterday and did my first 2 flights on it today. Appears to be good so far, no complaints and i tend to agree with the apparent "more stable" flight characteristics, however temperatures here are hovering over freezing so flying was sloppy as hands got cold fast.

I do have one question for others who have updated and flown... Has anyone noticed a tendency for the Phantom to drift about on some of the axis since the update?

Specifically;
1. Upon initial take-off and hover ( which I normally rise up around ~4 feet and hover there to put on goggles) I noticed the phantom slowly drifting back toward the right.
- initial guess is slight wind at the location (which was 4-8 mph)
2. Throttle inputs both positive and negative tend to be "spongy" at the end of the command. Throttle up continues to rise another foot or so, reverse for decel...tends to continue downwards another foot or so post stick command. I had to stop the drifts up and down with opposite control inputs a few times to keep spacing from objects above and below (earth, trees)
This occurred on initial hover and throughout both flights. I found myself constantly making throttle inputs up and down to keep it on the same plane of travel that it was placed on.
- now I understand physics and there is going to be some give there and there always has been. I just noticed it more on today's flights.
3. Yaw...well can't really say definitively it was drifting as my fingers were quite numb quick and I likely was adding control inputs with throttle modulation.
- more tests on this tomorrow with warmer temps and calm winds.

important info:
firmware - upgraded successfully
IMU calibration - basic and advanced
Compass Cal - Yes prior to both flights (different locations)
Standard P2 w/ Zenmuse setup and FPV blah blah blah

Sky conditions for flights
37 deg.F winds light 4-8mph steady out of the north west.

Final thoughts
- I may be wrong about some of these behaviors, but I did not notice these as much prior to update.
- behaviors were most notable during the second flight...more of a proximity type flight..in and around objects
-Yes this all can all be attributed to cold fingers or thinking something is happening when nothing really is since we pay attention to things more post firmware upgrade and I intend to snuff that out tomorrow when temps rise and more flights go up. Just curious on your experiences

av8inglife said:
Updated the firmware yesterday and did my first 2 flights on it today. Appears to be good so far, no complaints and i tend to agree with the apparent "more stable" flight characteristics, however temperatures here are hovering over freezing so flying was sloppy as hands got cold fast.

I do have one question for others who have updated and flown... Has anyone noticed a tendency for the Phantom to drift about on some of the axis since the update?

Specifically;
1. Upon initial take-off and hover ( which I normally rise up around ~4 feet and hover there to put on goggles) I noticed the phantom slowly drifting back toward the right.
2. Throttle inputs both positive and negative tend to be "spongy" at the end of the command. Throttle up continues to rise another foot or so, reverse for decel...tends to continue downwards another foot or so post stick command. I had to stop the drifts up and down with opposite control inputs a few times to keep spacing from objects above and below (earth, trees)
This occurred on initial hover and throughout both flights. I found myself constantly making throttle inputs up and down to keep it on the same plane of travel that it was placed on.
- now I understand physics and there is going to be some give there and there always has been. I just noticed it more on today's flights.
3. Yaw...well can't really say definitively it was drifting as my fingers were quite numb quick and I likely was adding control inputs with throttle modulation.

important info:

Final thoughts
- I may be wrong about some of these behaviors, but I did not notice these as much prior to update.
- behaviors were most notable during the second flight...more of a proximity type flight..in and around objects
-Yes this all can all be attributed to cold fingers or thinking something is happening when nothing really is since we pay attention to things more post firmware upgrade and I intend to snuff that out tomorrow when temps rise and more flights go up. Just curious on your experiences

My gain was all over the place after update had you changed yorus to make it hover better as i had and this update hase made it go all funny also have you seen if the take of after landing has been sorted as mine crashed itself today and has not been sorted out not happy with them,

hook3m said:
172.gif

Ok... Trolls... I wasn't asking for flight advise or opinions. Just the difference in descent speed pre and post firmware update.
Reading this thread from the beginning so don't know if anyone finally gave a non-trollish answer:

Old max descent rate was 6 meters per second.

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
av8inglife said:

Specifically;

important info:

Final thoughts

My gain was all over the place after update had you changed yorus to make it hover better as i had and this update hase made it go all funny also have you seen if the take of after landing has been sorted as mine crashed itself today and has not been sorted out not happy with them,

I did not adjust gains before firmware update, the flight characteristics were fine for me and I did not adjust them after the update either. Running stock values.

av8inglife said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
av8inglife said:
I did not adjust gains before firmware update, the flight characteristics were fine for me and I did not adjust them after the update either. Running stock values.

But you having problems now >? this would make sense as i made my gains perfect then now having problems to that is why I stopped flying earlier because the gain was way out

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
neiloakley said:

un install the 1.08 version first and un install 2.0 and try it again see if that works ?

Tried that first of all. Eventually abated to register a new account after calling DJI. They were quiet helpful
On the phone.

Had a bit of a nightmare with 2.0

Upgrade went fine. However could not for the life of me get a correct compass calibration. The one time I thought I had the Phantom flew sideways and I had to quickly switch out to ATTI to regain control and land. Took it to various locations to do the calibration but nothing would work.

Rolled back the firmware to 1.8 and all is fine again. Calibrated perfectly (well apart from a slight left drift that I had previously!) Doesn't fill me with confidence....

I did the de-gauzing etc, followed all the updates, followed all the instructions out there for calibration etc but no joy...

Not gonna touch this update until all the garbage gets worked out, my p2 is flying beautifully on 1.8. So its a "if it ain't broke" situation.

I won't even be updating the PT2 software. Everything is working perfectly for me and have no desire to change anything.

If I were an iPad Ground Station user, I'm sure I'd have a different outlook on things, though.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart