Firmware update 3/26/14

Go ahead give it a shot. Make sure you limit your height and radius on the assistant software so that it stays within sight at least.
Hitting take of and single way point won't hurt would it :twisted: how long for the new updated whatever GS iPad app?

Is anyone flying with iosd and GS? Try to see a picture of how it is setup on the P2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcimpulse said:
Thanks guys! My P2 thought the home point was near the tree my bad! Prop hit a branch and ouch!
Thanks I'll remember to switch to ATTI and back to gps next time I could have manually avoided the crash! Oh well! You don't learn unless this happened at least once :?:
Maybe I'll wait till the updated. GS is out for my next flight fix my gimbal plates. BTW what is the flight time one gets with avl fpv tx zenmuse gopro and iPad datalink ?
I believe the software calculates approx battery time based on voltage and deduces a total flight time? I think I saw it somewhere.. It better. !
I would like to add the quality of the shell - the plastic used is really good. The crash led to the body snap out a little - loosening a few screws and it snapped back into place. The legs have a little bend :( the ribbon to the can bus connector on the leg is cut / broken- Can I make one or is it a proprietary connector :eek:
Leaving the phantom in the hands of autopilot was a rather scary experience! Risking all that stuff on it :cry:
Anyone got a gps locator on their phantom ?

I just read through the PC Ground station "app", and it said it provided live read-outs of the latitude and longitude.....did I misinterpret something?
I just bought my P2+H3-3D Today-but won't have it for weeks. Read all 13 pages!! Gonna have the Dealer do the install of vtx, iOSD, and firmware upgrade with test flight before shipping.
My question is; what else do I need to purchase, to use my Windows 8 PC, as a ground station? I dont have bluetooth on the laptop-do I need it? I can get a dongle.

The 3rd axis was what I was waiting for, along with the Ground Station program for PC, before I purchased. Don't want to derail the thread-so if someone can answer my OT questions via PM, that's fine. I'll just subscribe and see how others are going with their firmware upgrades, etc.

Yes it provides almost what the iosd mini does for fpv. After the update it should be even better :)
:!: Include in your to buy list an extra battery a carrying case an extra go pro battery some props maybe prop guard battery to power ground station and extra gimbal spare plastic screws the ones in the 'Mercedes logo' shape :lol:
Good thing your getting it all installed professionally. My ohantom 2 was fine until i updated and one update led to many things :cool: and today here I am telling you what to buy! Good luck. I bet the h33d will be awesome I wonder how the leaver in the back will be to control the third angle :?: also fpv screen googles.

ANYONE ANY UPDATES AND ANY AUTONOMOUS IPAD FLIGHTS SUCCESSFUL. Please share with us :mrgreen:

rcimpulse said:
Yes it provides almost what the iosd mini does for fpv. After the update it should be even better :)
:!: Include in your to buy list an extra battery a carrying case an extra go pro battery some props maybe prop guard battery to power ground station and extra gimbal spare plastic screws the ones in the 'Mercedes logo' shape :lol:
Good thing your getting it all installed professionally. My ohantom 2 was fine until i updated and one update led to many things :cool: and today here I am telling you what to buy! Good luck. I bet the h33d will be awesome I wonder how the leaver in the back will be to control the third angle :?: also fpv screen googles.

ANYONE ANY UPDATES AND ANY AUTONOMOUS IPAD FLIGHTS SUCCESSFUL. Please share with us :mrgreen:
I've already owned a Phantom 1 for quite awhile. won't need an extra battery for the GP-the Zen provides the power. I currently fly FPV with my PH1 with iOSD mini, so I'm familiar. Don't need prop guards ;)

Did the upgrade and everything went fine. Recalibrated IMU and compass afterwards but I haven't seen any odd behavior after 3 batteries. Might just be me but it does seem a bit smoother, I do still have mild TBE and it will still take off forward at angles other than straight but nothing new there, its always done that! - still waiting on another thread to pull through for us to get that fixed.
So overall happy with the update, but I haven't been able to hook up to my ground station through the iPad yet, still get the "Can not find the controller" message. I hear that there's a new app coming out to deal with that and some have been able to make it work by updating everything expect the BTU. Unfortunately for me I already updated the BTU and don't know how to roll back.
Flight times seem the same BTW...

Fink said:
From an IT-perspective, this update was just released today. Given that DJI serves customers internationally and without knowing the location of their servers/infrastructure, it may be a little bit before everything propagates and updates in everybody's Assistant software.

I view it like Windows Updates or an update to Windows/VMware products - give it a week or two and see how people like it.

The only people that I would think need to update immediately are those that may be having issues with their current setup. I am not having any issues (knock on wood) and as such, even if the software comes up and tells me I need to update, I won't be updating for a while.

Just my $.02.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Yep, Agreed!

ianwood said:
extrememc said:
So you saying since I calibrated mine in my drive way it could fly away?

Yes. If there is anything magnetic nearby (e.g. rebar under a paved surface) you risk a flyaway. Maybe the new firmware calibration algorithm helps to detect it better but do not calibrate in an area that may be influenced by nearby magnetic material.

iResq said:
And taking of from a boat causes fly aways? Weird.

Yes. IMU initialization requires the Phantom is still when you turn it on. If it is not still, like on a boat, the IMU will either fail to initialize and the Phantom won't start or worse it will think it initialized OK but was moving enough to get erroneous data that will then put it at risk of a flyway.

BigBadFun said:
Is it possible to keep this thread about the firmware update and not taking off from boats or descent speed preferences... ta :cool:

No one can download it yet. That can only be repeated so many times. Maybe we can talk about what we think it will be like. I think the new firmware will give me 25 minutes of flying time, will automatically avoid power lines and tree limbs and will have a new flight control algorithm that eliminates yaw wiggle in 40MPH winds so I don't need to bother getting a 3D gimbal!

I have taken off at least 100 times from parking lots or similar, and if the light sequences do anything "funny" when acquiring satellites or during compass calibration, I move to a different area. As long as you make 100% sure you have acquired satellites and calibrated the compass correctly, flyaway should be rare.

Some folks say flyaways are pilot error, some say its a random thing that can happen even after you do everything correctly. Its all a matter of personal experience and opinion. Just be smart and take extra precautions.

extrememc said:
Is anyone flying with iosd and GS? Try to see a picture of how it is setup on the P2.

I mounted mine under my iosd mini and video tx. 3d printed wedge to angle the video tx, all fits nicely behind the gimbal and fpv hub.
I'm going to print small leg extensions too accommodate the video tx properly, the clover leaf usually sits differently, had to bend it to fit the link for now... It's okay though, I'll be doing my own 3rd axis mod shortly and it had to be done, and it will still fit in my case. :)

Cr8tive_leo said:
extrememc said:

I mounted mine under my iosd mini and video tx. 3d printed wedge to angle the video tx, all fits nicely behind the gimbal and fpv hub.
I'm going to print small leg extensions too accommodate the video tx properly, the clover leaf usually sits differently, had to bend it to fit the link for now... It's okay though, I'll be doing my own 3rd axis mod shortly and it had to be done, and it will still fit in my case. :)

I couldn't really tell if you had a osd mini connected to your GS. If so how is it connected. GS to canbus then mini plug into GS? Are you using pc or ipad?

Thanks for posting.

extrememc said:
All for $229.00 plus $20.00. Is this a deal or what? Also can someone tell me which part of the GS goes on the P2?

See page 1 of the ground station user guide.

NOT HAPPY WITH UPDATE

any one else having problems with their phantom after the new update mine just wiped itself out after landing that is not fixed at all infact its worse im now going to email DJI and see what they got to say this is getting silly

Why did you have to put your iOSD mini inside?
How are you going to upgrade the firmware without taking off the top of the Phantom?

@Extrememc=is your "stack", all stuck together with red 3M double sided sticky tape? And, is that the AVL58 VTX??

Sorry...OT :)

havasuphoto said:
Why did you have to put your iOSD mini inside?
How are you going to upgrade the firmware without taking off the top of the Phantom?

@Extrememc=is your "stack", all stuck together with red 3M double sided sticky tape? And, is that the AVL58 VTX??

Sorry...OT :)

Looks cleaner , more room for gps on outside

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor