Firmware 1.08...YES the only way to fly!!!!

madeinengland said:
Glad you think so-it's not what I bought the phantom V+ for. I want a slow, easy to use photo platform to get shots I cannot
comfortably obtain with my hand held camera. 3.04 I find is trouble free once you have established proper home position,sat lock and correct IMU and compass calibration.Tearing around the sky descending like a stone is not what the V+ and in particular the gimble was designed for IMO. Perhaps a few more "slower flyers" would stop the multitude of reports I keep reading
of gimbles falling to bits quads smashing into trees and as for writing a telephone no. on the quad for a reward after it lands and wrecks a brand new Ferrari after a 4mile endurance flight, I don't think so.
Lets not all jump on the 1.08 bandwagon.
+1
And the subject line is an opinion, not a statement of fact. 1.08 is certainly NOT the only way to fly. 3.04 is stable, video is silky smooth, the maximum descent speed is fast enough for me, and you can't wipe the smile off my face every time I fly. No need or desire to go backwards to 1.08. Yes, this is my OPINION and personal experience - your mileage might vary.

I agree with everything everyone has said it is a platform for photography and video 3. 04 is just a dumbed down version for newer flyers imo to fly a little more safely it takes the responsiveness out of the quad and thats fine if thats your thing i understand why DJI would do this new flyers crashing their phantoms i get it but.....if you want your phantom to fly the way i believe it should then 1. 08 is the firmware for you i understand why all the experienced pilots are using it (1.08) the most important thing is to have fun and fly safely!!!! ;)

ResevorDG said:
I also use 1.08
No - No-fly zones (They are not a bad idea but the execution is downright dangerous and creates a false sense of security)

If I am not planning on flying within 6 miles of any known airport, then this should be moot point for me right?

Downgraded to 1.08 today because I hated the way it took soooo long to descend from higher altitudes. Made me nervous that the battery might die before it returned to earth (even though I always start down at 40%). Much more fun now too... Yes, this is definitely the way it should be 1.08.... Thanks for the downgrade instructions...

Reactions: gmann21133
Did you notice any faster hookup to satellites ? I used to have a P2V with 1.08 and it got them within seconds, on the Plus it can take up to a minute to get at least 6.

yawnalot29 said:
If I am not planning on flying within 6 miles of any known airport, then this should be moot point for me right?
Good argument for the defense of 1.08. If I am not planning on flying near an airport why would I want this feature complicating my flight control firmware?

BlackTracer said:
yawnalot29 said:
Good argument for the defense of 1.08. If I am not planning on flying near an airport why would I want this feature complicating my flight control firmware?

As pilot I have a major issue with the no fly zones. They do not match the reality of airspace in the least and I am concerned that they create a false sense of security.
I live in the 6th largest city in America, we have at least 10 busy airports and 1 military base with f-16 and f-35 traffic.

The no fly zone covers a small area near just one airport only. Moreover it does not match the class B airspace associated with that airport.

For a non pilot who does not know anything about airspace, I fear the no fly zone will create an attitude of "If it can fly here, it's safe here."

ResevorDG said:
BlackTracer said:
yawnalot29 said:

As pilot I have a major issue with the no fly zones. They do not match the reality of airspace in the least and I am concerned that they create a false sense of security.
I live in the 6th largest city in America, we have at least 10 busy airports and 1 military base with f-16 and f-35 traffic.

The no fly zone covers a small area near just one airport only. Moreover it does not match the class B airspace associated with that airport.

For a non pilot who does not know anything about airspace, I fear the no fly zone will create an attitude of "If it can fly here, it's safe here."

My reason for not wanting the no-fly zones has zero to do with the no-fly zones. I don't want them because the implementation of them complicates the firmware. I don't have 100% confidence in any of their firmware much less firmware that mucks with my phantom's location if it thinks I am in some zone. Not for me. The real aircraft will just have to trust me that I will stay below 400'. Which I do. I have seen helicopters in my area below that level.

ResevorDG said:
BlackTracer said:
yawnalot29 said:

Logic used here is fundamentally flawed. It's almost as if many are thinking that the Phantom is the first flying RC device ever created. RC planes and helicopters that are MUCH larger, fly MUCH faster, and can do MUCH more damage..have been available to the general public for DECADES. based on your logic, whats' to stop someone from going to Best Buy or Radio Shack, obtaining a RC helicopter, going to the White House fence, and attempting to fly over to the presidential Helicopter for a few shots as its lifting off..

No, doesnt require geofencing to "take away the confidence" to prevent someone from doing that. It takes common sense. And if people didnt have common sense before the Phantom, they wont have it now.

I also downgraded from 3.02 and what a difference! Only drawback that you can control H3-3D tilt gains etc. :!:

Rallyeman said:
I also downgraded from 3.02 and what a difference! Only drawback that you can control H3-3D tilt gains etc. :!:

just checking.. you mean that you can or can't control the tilt gain? So that means the camera is stuck in one position?

Logic used here is fundamentally flawed. It's almost as if many are thinking that the Phantom is the first flying RC device ever created. RC planes and helicopters that are MUCH larger, fly MUCH faster, and can do MUCH more damage..have been available to the general public for DECADES. based on your logic, whats' to stop someone from going to Best Buy or Radio Shack, obtaining a RC helicopter, going to the White House fence, and attempting to fly over to the presidential Helicopter for a few shots as its lifting off..

No, doesnt require geofencing to "take away the confidence" to prevent someone from doing that. It takes common sense. And if people didnt have common sense before the Phantom, they wont have it now.

Very true...As with RC planes and earlier devices. It took some "investment" both monetarily and "technically" it was "earned" with the investment, development, of the Hobby.

Now its an "over the counter" purchase with no "technical investment" ...Now its a "Fratboys toy", to fly over College dorm parties.

evilfurryone said:
Rallyeman said:

just checking.. you mean that you can or can't control the tilt gain? So that means the camera is stuck in one position?

You CAN control tilting... but you cant set how fast/slow it will be through the Assistant! (just like the H3-2D). One extra reason i love my futaba! :mrgreen:

Reactions: Curt schoech

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl