Firmware 1.08...YES the only way to fly!!!!

You mean the "electronic fence" introduced with version 3.0? Does still not exist in 1.08, so no need to increase.

Regards, Gerd

OK thanks to the responders.
I didn't know that the assitant software on the computer was "aligning" the firmware of the Phantom equally: this is rather unconventional behaviour (imho) for a software (certainly in the downgrade direction) but I accept the testimony of course ;)
As far as I am concerned, I will carefully stick to the most recent softwares and hope that my PH2 will fly without problems.
Already experienced lot of difficulties to connect to the camera with the Android DJI Vision software and also have this slight "off course" pointing of the camera: 2 annoying things still...

Not sure if it has been said, but I don't think the waypoint feature works in the ground station with anything earlier than 3.04. Can someone confirm?

I did a test with 1.08 this morning and I found that when I descend with the stick all the way down (as fast as I can), the Phantom becomes highly unstable and begins an uncontrolled descent (I'm using standard propellers), swaying back and forth, spiraling slightly, and not responding to an attempt to pull back up. I easily lost about 100 feet of altitude before getting it under control. I have to yaw one way or the other to "slide" out of the fall. I tested several times with similar experience. This might be a known issue. But I certainly can prevent it by being careful in my descent and avoiding more than 10mph

I should have known this. Thank you. I read the entire thread and I had heard of this. Of course it makes sense.

Skyjunkie said:
I should have known this. Thank you. I read the entire thread and I had heard of this. Of course it makes sense.

Just a little tl;dr for those not clicking the linkies. If you are decending fast it's always useful to keep an horizontal movement as well. that way you don't descend into your own prop wash and loose lift.

I'm using 3.02 and it has a bug where when I descent at max speed (2m/s) I loose the ability to move horizontally. So I am tempted to try 1.08 but I would not want to upgrade to 3.06 when for whatever reason it would not suite me. Because on the latest firmware they have gimped the top speeds of GPS/ATTI compared to older firmwares.

Hello Matt
question I know this is an old thread. I'm trying to down grade my P2v+ from the current version to 1.08 if possible. I picked up a used P2v+ that had not been updated since july of 2014. I wanted to check the flight limits and RTH height and before I was able to spot it was updating. Now my Gimbal is a brick. :( I'm reaching out to anyone I can to see if it's possible to downgrade to anything or fit the problem?
Thanks
IMG_20160804_191659925.jpg

I got a P2 with FW 3.14 on it and the bird is really unstable in all direction

- did the IMU advanced calibration bunch of times,
- compass calibration before every flight (mod values all within spec)
- swapped another compass unit form a P1 (no change in drifting)
- tried the PGS from the P1 (did not work at all with the P1 GPS)
- tried to downgrade from 3.14 to 1.08 and to other newer firmwares and can't seem to do it

Is it impossible now from 3.14 to downgrade anymore ?

I got a P2 with FW 3.14 on it and the bird is really unstable in all direction

- did the IMU advanced calibration bunch of times,
- compass calibration before every flight (mod values all within spec)
- swapped another compass unit form a P1 (no change in drifting)
- tried the PGS from the P1 (did not work at all with the P1 GPS)
- tried to downgrade from 3.14 to 1.08 and to other newer firmwares and can't seem to do it

Is it impossible now from 3.14 to downgrade anymore ?
Kaos how many Sats are you locking on with the GPS.

I ordered one of those Chinese 22$ GPS modules for NAZA from AliExpress ... hope it is the GPS ( I see large fluctuations in altitude readings in my OSD )

I ordered one of those Chinese 22$ GPS modules for NAZA from AliExpress ... hope it is the GPS ( I see large fluctuations in altitude readings in my OSD )
I was going to say order a new antenna for the GPS ( puck). I had a P2v+ and the best lock would be 9 sat. where other P2's were getting 13. I replaced the Puck antenna ( $3 US) unsolder the old one and re soldered the new one and 13 lock now.

did i make a mistake getting the whole aftermarket GPS unit ?

where do you get just the antenna ?

4$ :)

Gonna grab this one too and give it a try on the original GPS to see if that could have been the problem

I should record the OSD with the altitude fluctioantions, is it normal for altitude to drop and rise like crazy all the time and I think the drone is doing that too ( it will suddenly go up or slowly start coming down when I am not touching anything )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl