Firmware 1.08...YES the only way to fly!!!!

I've seen it asked and was directed back to the front page but i'm not seeing a mac version listed for 1.08. Am I overlooking it or does anyone know where to find it? DroneSlingers seems to only have an exe file.

ftimster said:
Wow where do i start....much more responsive and just all around more sporty Its completely different experience from the latest firmware not to mention I can come down from altitude with blazing quickness I'm telling you after the firmware update I went out and flew my quad and it was a completely different experience I highly recommend it main difference is all around much more responsive flies faster quicker its awesome!!!!!

100 % agree.....i believe the ground station app works with 1.08 as well.. i have yet to try it,,,,,need a bigger less populated space to try it out......

madeinengland said:
Glad you think so-it's not what I bought the phantom V+ for. I want a slow, easy to use photo platform to get shots I cannot
comfortably obtain with my hand held camera. 3.04 I find is trouble free once you have established proper home position,sat lock and correct IMU and compass calibration.Tearing around the sky descending like a stone is not what the V+ and in particular the gimble was designed for IMO. Perhaps a few more "slower flyers" would stop the multitude of reports I keep reading
of gimbles falling to bits quads smashing into trees and as for writing a telephone no. on the quad for a reward after it lands and wrecks a brand new Ferrari after a 4mile endurance flight, I don't think so.
Lets not all jump on the 1.08 bandwagon.

+100
My sentiments exactly! If someone wants a faster, 'sporty' feel, why not purchase or build one to suit your needs? Unless I'm mistaken, the P2V+ was purpose built to provide a stable platform for aerial photography, was it not?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
madeinengland said:
Glad you think so-it's not what I bought the phantom V+ for. I want a slow, easy to use photo platform to get shots I cannot
comfortably obtain with my hand held camera. 3.04 I find is trouble free once you have established proper home position,sat lock and correct IMU and compass calibration.Tearing around the sky descending like a stone is not what the V+ and in particular the gimble was designed for IMO. Perhaps a few more "slower flyers" would stop the multitude of reports I keep reading
of gimbles falling to bits quads smashing into trees and as for writing a telephone no. on the quad for a reward after it lands and wrecks a brand new Ferrari after a 4mile endurance flight, I don't think so.

+100
My sentiments exactly! If someone wants a faster, 'sporty' feel, why not purchase or build one to suit your needs? Unless I'm mistaken, the P2V+ was purpose built to provide a stable platform for aerial photography, was it not?

Or build an F450?

jwuman said:
i believe the ground station app works with 1.08 as well.. i have yet to try it,,,,,need a bigger less populated space to try it out......

I cannot get it to work with 1.08. For me, it starts off by saying it "cannot start GS, retrying". Then the app pretty much slows down to a crawl, with flashing errors I can't read, I think the same GS error. Kind of sort of has the phantom icon there and some telemetry. But I have to exit because it is so slowed. That takes a while, but then the regular part of the app works fine. I will not be using GS because I am not giving up 1.08 and all its sportiness.

Unless someone else figures out how to make it work with 1.08.

Phantom_Menace66 said:
madeinengland said:

+100

TOTALLY agree with both the above, you want to zip across the sky buy something racey, I wanted a flying camera, and that is what DJI have given me, happy with it all

there is no denying 1. 08 is the way the Phantom was meant to fly in my opinion it still is a very great platform for potography just a better flying unit with the older firmware I don't think there's much of an argument for the newer firmware.......it's lame

Actually it may be lame for you , but I don't mind the newer firmware.
I have a F450 that really flys nice. But I just may get rid of it now since I fly the us more.
What's funny I've come straight down full speed with the 450 and never had a problem with any vortex ring or what ever. I wonder why ?

I just tried 1.08 and it scared the crap out of me. I wanted fast descent speeds when coming down from 400m and such but the old 2m per second limit in 3.04 spoiled me quite a bit once the ground got closer. You could totally pancake your copter if you aren't careful. I tried to slow down at 25m and it took 15m to stop from a 5m per second descent leaving me closer to the ground that I liked..

I am going back to 3.04 or 3.06 until I have more flying time under my belt.

Not ready to play with the big boys just yet...

Hello there,

I am a bit puzzled because you are actually speaking about downgrading the assitant software on your computer but will it also downgrade the firmware on the Phantom itself?

I am not sure to understand this part of the story: any assistance/explanation would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.

I learned to fly assistant version 1.08 on a P2V before all the updates. This does not mean my bird, phone, and camera have not been updated, they have. I keep each version of Assistant on my computer and can "upgrade" my firmware up or down depending on what I need. The later versions of Assistant have restrictions built in to help beginners and those that use the ground station app. I hope this helps. :)

Spitfire said:
Hello there,

I am a bit puzzled because you are actually speaking about downgrading the assitant software on your computer but will it also downgrade the firmware on the Phantom itself?

This website below has previous versions of the assistant software, 1.08, 2.0 etc..you copy some or all of them on your PC in different folders and use the EXE in the particular folder associated with the firmware you want your copter to be at. Plug your copter into your PC via USB, run the EXE you want and upgrade (ignore any firmware version messages about 3.06 etc, 1.08 version of the EXE will do 1.08) to change the firmware in your copter.

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Does anyone happen to have the MAC/OSX version of 1.08. The Droneslinger site appears to have the Windows version only and the dropbox link on page 4/5 is no longer working.

Thanks in advance!

tnijem said:
Does anyone happen to have the MAC/OSX version of 1.08. The Droneslinger site appears to have the Windows version only and the dropbox link on page 4/5 is no longer working.

Thanks in advance!

Found it...another post in this forum shows you how to re-write the URL to get the v1.08 dmg file for OSX...Duh! Here's the link for others
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... _v1.08.dmg

Was loving 1.08, but switched to the latest- 3.04 (3.06??) because it seemed to me like my phantom was having difficulty maintaining a steady hover. I last checked it (1.08) on an open field and it was hovering in a circle - maybe 15' in diameter - kinda disconcerting. Figured I would upgrade to the latest to see if that solved the problem - and I also wanted to try out GS on the new DJI app. Seems like maybe it hovers a bit better now - really not sure, but I really miss the speed of 1.08. I went full throttle and the fastest I could go was about 26 mph with no wind. Just flew it today and got 29 mph, but there was a slight breeze aloft. I think i easily could go 35 mph +/- on 1.08. So I think I will downgrade again tonight to 1.08 to get my speed back. Anyone know if there is any validity to my hovering issue - 1.08 vs. 3.04? I am not too interested in Groundstation, so 1.08 doesn't bother me there. My last issue is the gimbal "freak-out" that I used to get every time I turned the phantom on. Doesn't seem like it does that anymore with 3.04. Can anyone confirm? Think the "freak-out" is doing any damage to the gimbal?
I will downgrade anyway and live with it for a while. I think faster is wayyyy better than slower (IMHO) - especially when your battery is low and you need to get your Phantom down in a hurry...
Cheers!

JeffB said:
Was loving 1.08, but switched to the latest- 3.04 (3.06??) because it seemed to me like my phantom was having difficulty maintaining a steady hover. I last checked it (1.08) on an open field and it was hovering in a circle - maybe 15' in diameter - kinda disconcerting.

I don't know where you are located but this sounds like TBE (toilet bowl effect) due to an error in that has always existed in DJI's accounting for magnetic declination. There are a couple of threads and over 2000 posts on that issue. This has been fixed for the first time in the 3.06 firmware.

The new horizontal speed limit in 3.06 is only for GPS mode. ATTI horizontal speed is still over 35 mph. I verified this for myself last week. I don't like the vertical descent limit either, but I'll live that in order for my camera to keep a stable position in hover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4