Firmware 1.08...YES the only way to fly!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks to a very helpfull flyer here at phantoms pilots im flashed my + back to 1.08 and im never going back. WOW what a awsome flying experience I heard a couple people comment that they felt that the newer firmware did not take away from the flying experience I'm not pointing any fingers but that is a straight up lie 1. 08 is the only way to fly definitely for experienced pilots only and I'm far from that but I think I have enough time now on my quad that I can fly safely on 1.08 I highly recommend if you feel confident enough try it that's how the quad is originally meant to operate and fly!!!

ftimster said:
Thanks to a very helpfull flyer here at phantoms pilots im flashed my + back to 1.08 and im never going back. WOW what a awsome flying experience I heard a couple people comment that they felt that the newer firmware did not take away from the flying experience I'm not pointing any fingers but that is a straight up lie 1. 08 is the only way to fly definitely for experienced pilots only and I'm far from that but I think I have enough time now on my quad that I can fly safely on 1.08 I highly recommend if you feel confident enough try it that's how the quad is originally meant to operate and fly!!!

What are the main differences you have noticed?

Wow where do i start....much more responsive and just all around more sporty Its completely different experience from the latest firmware not to mention I can come down from altitude with blazing quickness I'm telling you after the firmware update I went out and flew my quad and it was a completely different experience I highly recommend it main difference is all around much more responsive flies faster quicker its awesome!!!!!

I agree 100% it's night and day in terms of fun. You need to know how to fly first I agree. The decent speed it fast and can be unstable if you aren't careful. But the quad is much more fun this way

I upgraded from 1.08 to 3.04 for one battery and it was horrible. It was so boring. It took forever to descend and just made it the most boring quad I've flown. If I was forced to live with the current version I would sell it and buy something else.

Agreed. I have been flying 1.08 since the last week in April. Love not having the restrictions and I feel its simplicity is better. I am never going to update. Ever.

From day 1, I downgraded, and I've had many, many, many successful flights on 1.08. No way am I upgrading to willingly cripple my quad - unless some new feature made it worth it. So far, that feature doesn't exist. After reading this thread, now I really won't be "upgrading"!

Having only flown in the current version firmware as that's how mine was delivered, I'm curious now.
Anyone willing to post up 1.08? That would be greatly appreciated.

Re responsiveness. Would charging the gains give you a similar effect. I've not changed them yet but have been planning on tweeking them just a little to try. I've noticed on a few older YouTube how-to video's that the percentages are about 5% different than mine.

It is really easy - just download and installed V1.08 from that website, hook your phantom to your computer, open up the 1.08 assistant that you just downloaded and installed, and then "upgrade" via the software like you normally would. Ignore any pop-up message that says there is a newer version of the software assistant - clearly, we already know that but don't want the newer version. It is slightly weird because instead of an upgrade, it will actually be doing a downgrade.. :)

I also use 1.08

You mentioned responsiveness. Part of that can be the Gain settings.
I have never adjusted mine. Have any of you?

The reason I like 1.08:

Fast Decent speed
No - No-fly zones (They are not a bad idea but the execution is downright dangerous and creates a false sense of security)
Time tested to work across mutable Phantom 2s without major issue
No J-hooking or toilet-bolling like in 2.0

Glad you think so-it's not what I bought the phantom V+ for. I want a slow, easy to use photo platform to get shots I cannot
comfortably obtain with my hand held camera. 3.04 I find is trouble free once you have established proper home position,sat lock and correct IMU and compass calibration.Tearing around the sky descending like a stone is not what the V+ and in particular the gimble was designed for IMO. Perhaps a few more "slower flyers" would stop the multitude of reports I keep reading
of gimbles falling to bits quads smashing into trees and as for writing a telephone no. on the quad for a reward after it lands and wrecks a brand new Ferrari after a 4mile endurance flight, I don't think so.
Lets not all jump on the 1.08 bandwagon.

It seems like the main reason people like 1.08 is because of the descent speed. Because I'm new, can someone explain to me why it's a lot better to go 1.08 as apposed to just flipping the switch to ATTI and coming down as fast as you want?

I think 1.08 is a viable option now, but as new features are introduced it will make less and less sense to stay on the older versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik