Finally bit the bullet - P3 Adv arriving today!

Jeffro do what I did subscribe to TOMS TECH TIME on you tube you will learn a lot from this guy before flying it. I don't know about the Sony phone but the s6 works great.

Here hi is here :

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffro115
OK, first two flights went well in beginner mode. Had one small, easy tip over on a landing. I guess that I didn't hold the stick down long enough, it came a few inches off the ground and then tipped over. A tiny bit of dirt on the front two props, but otherwise everything seems ok.

Now to updating firmware for the controller, AC, camera, and batteries...

Thanks to msinger and kinsey for the posts on firmware updates!

One piece of advice since you're new at this. When it comes to landing, either use auto land or hold left stick down when it is on the ground. CSC is dangerous until you can master it. Also, most people take off and climb high right away. I take off only a few feet from the ground and hover for about 15 seconds until I know everything is A ok. This way I can land it right away if something is wrong. Just a precaution.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is fun already, can't wait until I get the feel for flying this thing. It is easy, but I've caught myself pressing the sticks the wrong way at times, wanting to go one way, and it goes the opposite.

So, I've downloaded the firmware on the card and am updating the bird now - it's been on and updating for 30 or 35 minutes now, beeping three consecutive times and repeating, and the lights are fast-flashing yellow. I'm assuming that it's going ok, it just seems to be taking an awfully long time (maybe??).

One piece of advice since you're new at this. When it comes to landing, either use auto land or hold left stick down when it is on the ground. CSC is dangerous until you can master it. Also, most people take off and climb high right away. I take off only a few feet from the ground and hover for about 15 seconds until I know everything is A ok. This way I can land it right away if something is wrong. Just a precaution.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not going much higher than ten feet or so for the first minute of flight. I'd hate to climb 50 feet or more and then have a problem right out of the gate.

Good advice!! Thx!

OK, so here's something strange. Since my battery was at one bar at the end of this update, I turned off the drone and checked the memory card. It was updating over 40 minutes. The .txt file says success, but the drone was not solid green - it was fast flashing yellow.

How do you think I should proceed? Was it a successful install? Or did something go wrong? I didn't get solid green like I was expecting.

Congratulation , hope you have fun flying. I use my Clear Gimbal Protector all the time, and it still falls off when going to the flying Field . Mark a couple of Arrow with a Sharpie so you will know which side is up to install, as someone mentioned earlier. I recently bought my 2nd charger from Best Buy,that way the remote control and the battery will be charging about one hour before I hit the flight area.

How do you think I should proceed? Was it a successful install? Or did something go wrong? I didn't get solid green like I was expecting.
It sounds like you did not install the remote controller firmware. Check that you followed these steps.

per ( flipsonic message ) I recently installed my Quadcopter Blades and gave it a take off and let it hoover off the ground about 10 feet for about 30 seconds, I then brought in back down to land and shut off the motors. This was just to double check the props were still tight. I think this is a good suggestion, I am curious if while flying if you come to a quick stop a lot , that the props might come loose some and I think that causes a lot of bird to hit the ground

I've been wanting a drone for a while, but I figured that I'd wait until the prices kept going down...etc. Well, I went to the NHRA Drag Races at Bristol, and someone there has a P3 adv. As soon as I got home I ordered one.

Now I can't wait for it to arrive - sometime today. I've tried to research this as much as I could, but one question I have is, how will I be able to view live video as I fly? Does the drone need to have wifi to broadcast video, or will I be able to take it out in a field and view live video, where maybe there is no wifi?

This is a great forum, I've learned a lot in just the few days since I found it.

1. Update AC firmware to 1.8.80
2. Update RC firmware
3. IMU calibration
4. Gimbal calibration
5. Compass calibration
6. Read an learn a lot about AC features like RC toggles and buttons, RTH, Advanced user, P mode, Atti mode, FPV, lightbridge and more.
7. Stay in novice mode for a while.
8. Maiden fly in an open field.
9. Read, read and read. And also use youtube for tutorials on updating, calibrating and flying.
10.Happy hovering!

Reactions: pomonabill220
I did the remote update first through the app.

I think the yellow flashing was because I did not have the remote controller on.

It seems to be flying ok, and the app says that everything is updated.

Excellent. Make sure you do the remote last next time ;)

Another quick question: Does this thing save video all the time, or do I have to hit record? Just wondering if I can review my test flights.

I did read the owners manual, but I really focused for now on the controls of the craft. And the app is pretty easy to use, it appears. But really today is the first time that I've actually done anything with it.

I'll re-read it, and re-read it again, and probably fly for a week before I take it out of beginners mode. Right now, I'm practicing landing, and flying to pre-marked areas in my backyard (which is about an acre with trees only along one side, so I have enough room).

Another quick question: Does this thing save video all the time, or do I have to hit record?
No. You must press the record button to record video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl