Finally bit the bullet - P3 Adv arriving today!

Excellent. Make sure you do the remote last next time ;)

Will do!

Did the remote first because it seemed to be the easiest, and I think it was at the top of the order in the 'updates required' screen.

Did I mention this forum rocks? I would have most likely crashed by now without spending all weekend reading threads and listening to your tips.

Did the remote first because it seemed to be the easiest, and I think it was at the top of the order in the 'updates required' screen.
It sometimes causes connection problems when you install the remote controller firmware before the Phantom firmware. FYI for the future :)

Reactions: Jeffro115
1. Update AC firmware to 1.8.80
2. Update RC firmware
3. IMU calibration
4. Gimbal calibration
5. Compass calibration
6. Read an learn a lot about AC features like RC toggles and buttons, RTH, Advanced user, P mode, Atti mode, FPV, lightbridge and more.
7. Stay in novice mode for a while.
8. Maiden fly in an open field.
9. Read, read and read. And also use youtube for tutorials on updating, calibrating and flying.
10.Happy hovering!

Phantomi, excellent checklist, thank you!

OK, so here's something strange. Since my battery was at one bar at the end of this update, I turned off the drone and checked the memory card. It was updating over 40 minutes. The .txt file says success, but the drone was not solid green - it was fast flashing yellow.

How do you think I should proceed? Was it a successful install? Or did something go wrong? I didn't get solid green like I was expecting.
The light you want to see green is the tiny one on the camera.

So, what does the app do other than setting up calibrations, and camera controls? It is probably setting the boundaries also since I am still flying in beginner mode.

Is it possible to fly without the app? Not that I ever would, but I'm just curious.

Morning glad to see all is going well and you have been off the ground. As someone said till you get use to it use the auto land and take off for now. You can't fly without the app. Next thing I would say is get your camera settings right also get a bigger micro sd card this has to be class 10 get a 64gig cheap off ebay it is great to see the video's later. Fly safe have fun don't hold the left stick fully down when landing or you will stop the motors.

That's the problem. You won't know if something is wrong. It's not a great idea.

Well, I'm probably not really ready to turn off beginner mode just yet, but I did briefly, just to go straight up in the air and see how high I could go. Just straight up and slowly back down.

Got as high as 380 ft. Wow, that was high. Scary, almost. I would momentarily lose sight of the bird if I looked at the app. But the view and the pictures were incredible!

OK, I scratched that itch. Back to beginner mode. And I know that I have to start playing and practicing with RTH.

Reactions: kinsey
Well, I'm probably not really ready to turn off beginner mode just yet, but I did briefly, just to go straight up in the air and see how high I could go. Just straight up and slowly back down.

Got as high as 380 ft. Wow, that was high. Scary, almost. I would momentarily lose sight of the bird if I looked at the app. But the view and the pictures were incredible!

OK, I scratched that itch. Back to beginner mode. And I know that I have to start playing and practicing with RTH.
Remember to set the altitude in the app RTH also if you move places you have to do the compass again each time you move to a new location.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj