Farthest distance I've been in a while!

Reaction score
i went the farthest I have went today with my P3S. This is after I rolled back the firmware to 1.4.6 and used a cheap parabolic antenna from Amazon. I'm excited, but know I am wondering if I should roll it back further or should I be happy that I can go a 1000 feet away and not lose my signal to my remote? What does everybody think? I have been looking at the DBS ITElite mod for the remote too. That looks awesome!

I can give a thumbsup to the DBS mod. ;)

Reactions: 805hd
The DBS mod on my Standard is the best $100 I ever spent. Range improved to over a mile (from about 1500 ft). Good product.
And I ALWAYS keep my firmware current.

@Techcop50
"And I ALWAYS keep my firmware current"

So DID I ;)

Rod

Reactions: Techcop50
Did the firmware bug bite YOU too, Rod?

Depends where you are flying... but me and my buddy did a test of the argtek antenna vs the dbs. Flew the same path out to the lake. With the argtek antenna I got out to about 4800 feet at 250 feet altitude before losing complete signal. With the dbs my buddy got out to 5600 feet at 250 feet altitude. We pushed his out to 7200 feet when we went up to 350 feet. Haven't tried to run mines out with the argtek at 350-400 feet altitude. Just to give you an idea if you knew what kinda range you're looking for.

i went the farthest I have went today with my P3S. This is after I rolled back the firmware to 1.4.6 and used a cheap parabolic antenna from Amazon. I'm excited, but know I am wondering if I should roll it back further or should I be happy that I can go a 1000 feet away and not lose my signal to my remote? What does everybody think? I have been looking at the DBS ITElite mod for the remote too. That looks awesome!
Try a windsurfer. I went from 1,000 feet to 2,600 feet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl