FAA officially calls us "operators" --- NOT "pilots"

N017RW said:
images

Who could forget this Pilot?! :lol:

AHHH ! Glad ya reminded me,I left mine back in the Lounge !

Attachments

• !mages.jpg
    !mages.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 322
images

HI,

I guess either definition can apply to those of us who already have a pilots license. One would think that having a private or commercial pilots license would supersede any additional requirements.
Or do we need another classification "Pilot Operators"?

For the purposes of the commercial operations authorized by the sUAS Rule (Part 107) the FAA used the term "operator" simply as a means to avoid requiring all the other regulations that kick in when we are called "pilots." It is a legal maneuver that works in our favor. Call yourself what ever you want to.

johnp44 said:
HI,

I guess either definition can apply to those of us who already have a pilots license. One would think that having a private or commercial pilots license would supersede any additional requirements.
Or do we need another classification "Pilot Operators"?

Kind of clunky. How about shortening it to "Plopperators?"

dirkclod said:
:eek: :eek: He gonne be Mad sho nough when he reads all this an get ya'll all booted as he does have a....certain level of decorum around here.... !!
Ya'll ought be ashamed !

He asked me to note how long he has been a member here, yeah 6 months.
I'm assuming that must be some record for him, to last several months without being booted. This must account for his hyper-inflated feelings of self-worth here.
And if I do get booted for not maintaining his level of decorum (I can't even type that with a straight face), I'm rejoining as "Prop Guard Pilot!"

Maybe it's time we lay off Mitch. Can't say I agree with some of his statements but I haven't read them all and won't bother to do so. He has many posts so he must not be too bad or he may have been banned already. I don't agree with everyone on things and I also don't agree on the consistent attack on him. Just let it go.

Monte55 said:
I don't agree with everyone on things and I also don't agree on the consistent attack on him. Just let it go.

Most of the time you disappoint me with your ignorance and lack of respectability in here, Monte ---- but for once you make sense!

And no, you are NOT a pilot --- you're an OPERATOR --- just for the final record.

:p

Mods, are open threats against other members allowed on this forum?
Or is this just the level of decorum that Madmitch is allowed to maintain?

MadMitch88 said:
Monte55 said:
I don't agree with everyone on things and I also don't agree on the consistent attack on him. Just let it go.

Most of the time you disappoint me with your ignorance and lack of respectability in here, Monte ---- but for once you make sense!

And no, you are NOT a pilot --- you're an OPERATOR --- just for the final record.

:p
And for the final record...I aquired my pilot certification in about 1986. So I am a pilot. Has nothing to do with flying my Quads, helis, and my fixed wing models. They are for me. I don't care what anyone else thinks of them or how I fly. I only need to impress ME.

Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.

Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.
Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.
Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.
Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.
Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.
Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.
Trolls gain energy when you get angry.
The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.

SilentAV8R said:
For the purposes of the commercial operations authorized by the sUAS Rule (Part 107) the FAA used the term "operator" simply as a means to avoid requiring all the other regulations that kick in when we are called "pilots." It is a legal maneuver that works in our favor. Call yourself what ever you want to.

This is actually an entertaining thread - I haven't laughed so hard in a few days. Operate a toilet... :lol:

If you read the NPRM, Silent is correct that the FAA needed to differentiate the UAV operators from UAS pilots, a required crew position. (Pages 61-63 of the NPRM)
The FAA finally notes that the term “operate” is currently a defined term in 14 CFR 1.1 that is used in manned-aircraft operations. While, for purposes of proposed part 107, the proposed definition of “operator” would supersede any conflicting definitions in § 1.1, the FAA invites comments as to whether defining a new crewmember position as an “operator” would cause confusion with the existing terminology. If so, the FAA invites suggestions as to an alternative title for this crewmember position.

MadMitch jumped the gun here - this is the proposed rule. So, currently everyone is right. Now, I have to go pilot my snowblower again.

MadMitch88 said:
Like I've told other members, don't actively pursue getting on my infamous **** List --- not a fun place to be.

Sorry I haven't heard of your "infamous" list before. Please add me. Thanks in advance!

Monte55 said:
I didn't think a troll could get over 500 posts without being banned. Guess I was wrong,
No they can ban you whenever they choose for a week or month or forever . I do know this as a fact as Geert banned me for a week once for getting on him for badmouthing at a noob before Christmas which was fixed by Adam and then he did it again for a month after Adam unbanned me and wiped all of my post . Then that's when Geert messed up all and Adam had to fix it on the 31 of Jan. by rolling it back 36 hrs .
So it don't matter how many post ya have you can be sent on vacation and come back and carry on .

Monte55 said:
I aquired my pilot certification in about 1986. So I am a pilot.
Wow! About the same as me. According to my license, I got mine 18 Dec 1985. I was 28 at the time. Seems so long ago.

dirkclod said:
Monte55 said:
I didn't think a troll could get over 500 posts without being banned. Guess I was wrong,
No they can ban you whenever they choose for a week or month or forever . I do know this as a fact as Geert banned me for a week once for getting on him for badmouthing at a noob before Christmas which was fixed by Adam and then he did it again for a month after Adam unbanned me and wiped all of my post . Then that's when Geert messed up all and Adam had to fix it on the 31 of Jan. by rolling it back 36 hrs .
So it don't matter how many post ya have you can be sent on vacation and come back and carry on .
:shock:
Now we know the rest of the story. Sorry Dirk!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl