Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Eachine goggles, design flaw

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Locke, Jul 27, 2016.

1. John Locke

These new goggles are $159, have HDMI input, receives on 5.8mhz optionally, and has 1080p resolution. These look a lot like the Headplay HD goggles, but slightly smaller overall, and higher resolution. All seem great except for one thing, with the DJI GO app the telemetry data on the top and bottom of the screen are cutoff. This is because the telemetry data is at the edge of the screen, and the edge is of the screen fits in a groove that covers the screen edge about 1/8"around the perimeter. Don't buy these if you plan to use them with DJI GO. Other than that they work great. Also, they have the same issue as the headplay goggles for old guys like me. They have a short focus depth because they use a Fresnel lens instead of an optical lens. However this can be fixed with a $20 Carter X4 clip-on magnifier lens. One other issue, since they are smaller than Headplay goggles they don't accept glasses without modifying the Styrofoam internally.

#1 John Locke, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Are you referring to the Eachine Goggles One? Or a different model?

3. RadRich

You should probably preface this by saying, "If you are using the DJI HDMI module" because it looks ok using a tablet with HDMI out. Other than that, yes, these were designed for a very small face.

4. John Locke

Yes, Goggle One. I didn't realize Eachine had more than one model.

Yes, these goggles are for a smaller face versus Headplay HD (I have those too). I had to carve out the Styrofoam to allow glasses to fit inside. Once I did that they fit ok. But the OSD problem is a show stopper. I'll have to use these as race goggles with other machines. Or sell them.

5. John Locke

Are you referring to the Nvidia K1 with HDMI out? That's interesting.

6. RadRich

Yes, I have the Nvidia Shield K1.
    The Goggle One's display is an exact mirror of what you see on the Shield K1. Plus, the K1's display stays on while it's outputted to the Goggle One.

For me, that's what I wanted. I want to be able to see the camera settings and whatnot, as opposed to the DJI HDMI module (from what I read) which makes your tablet go blank while the output is sent to the goggles, and you don't see all the other settings.

#6 RadRich, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Skipholiday likes this.
  7. msinger

Approved Vendor

That has not been my experience with the Fat Shark Dominator V3 and HeadPlay HD goggles. I can still see everything on my mobile device while the googles are hooked up. I cannot confirm what happens with the Googles One though. Mine don't arrive until Saturday.

8. RadRich

That's good to know. I can only "trust" what someone put in their review on Amazon. Sounds like he was outputting to a monitor, not goggles, but still... he was using the DJI HDMI module:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B013JQ14P6