Dual Battery Mod

I used it now for a couple of flights and so far no errors, all good. Highly recommended.

I used it now for a couple of flights and so far no errors, all good. Highly recommended.
Same thing here but the first time I used it, the battery seems to be plugged, but in fact not really and I had the battery error. Be sure to hear the big " clic"

Reactions: tml4191
Anyone know where I can get the MaxAmps 2000mah battery here in Australia.
Anyone keen to purchase it for me and send it over haha

Last edited:
Is there a way to protect an aux battery in flight for cold? Like wrap it in some kind of foil or other light material.
Of course, pre-warmed (45 °C for example).

Is there a way to protect an aux battery in flight for cold? Like wrap it in some kind of foil or other light material.
Of course, pre-warmed (45 °C for example).

I dont know about a wrap but I do place white electric tape over the vents in the winter, keep some heat in and cold out[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Anyone know where I can get the MaxAmps 2000mah battery here in Australia.
Anyone keen to purchase it for me and send it over haha

Specs:
Minimum Capacity: 6000mAh
Configuration: 4S2P / 14.8V / 4Cell
Constant Discharge: 2C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 3C
Pack Weight: 364g
Pack Size: 132 x 44 x 28mm
Charge Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT60
c7438563b1bf53c75641f84ce6177aca.jpg

I have been trying to get these but usa doesnt have them, only hobbyking aus.
If you can get a couple maybe we can trade[emoji41]

Specs:

DB, you know what your doing...but I don't really. Reading the reviews this battery may not have enough discharge current for our quads? This could be a better option for me instead of the maxamps if it would work.

Anyone know of a how to video to split a battery pack?

Any battery with 10C discharge or more will be fine. Remember, these are only AUX batteries, not main batteries.

Any battery with 10C discharge or more will be fine. Remember, these are only AUX batteries, not main batteries.

Agree but this one is a 2C only and reviews are very bad ( as main battery at least)
Thanks DB to be our guinea pig !

Last edited:
Specs:

DB. Might now be able to post them to you. The postal service will be on lockdown after this.

Drone bursts into flames at Darwin postal centre - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Reactions: dirtybum
Oops I went and done it. Mavic Pro sitting in front of me in the lounge room now. Still really want to push my P3S to long distances and flight times, but might go on the back burner for a little now lol.

Reactions: dirtybum
Do not get these, absolutely worthless. Tried them on both P3 and P4, not a second more flight time. They just dont deliver the amps.

Well I cant get my hands on 'em any how! But I'll try anything once. Thanks fanti! Wanna send me yours since theyre useless to ya??[emoji41]

Looks great. What's the thickness of the copper wire bezel? I've been reading this thread with great interest. I see 24 and 28 gauge on Amazon but not sure which one fits. Please advise. Thanks

Not sure to be honest, ill have a look when i get home

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

i wanna bump my ask. has anyone who has modded a battery seen the smart board look like this? I've modded 20+ batteries, first time seeing a green board.

Im asking, I bought this as an "official dji battery" from a trusted seller, I think its bullcrud and fake. I wanna call him on it, but have no evidence (and i managed to fry the board while modding somehow, so im gonna hack these new cells with an older battery smartboard as a thanksgiving project!)

TsEtvrW.png

Reactions: LuizRN
Anyone wanna collaborate on creating an FAQ on battery modification for the phantom 3? I started one, would love to have others help and tell me what I'm missing, or even just edit themselves! I've opened the google doc for editting, it can be found here. i stole alot of the pics from you guys here, i'll credit ya if you can tell me if its yours! i cant remember, but will give credit!

Battery Modification for DJI Phantom 3 FAQ

edit: look at the PDF attached, or google doc.

wish i seen this before i started reading 103 pages.. might as well continue to the last few pages now :grinning:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl