Dual Battery Mod

i wanna bump my ask. has anyone who has modded a battery seen the smart board look like this? I've modded 20+ batteries, first time seeing a green board.

Im asking, I bought this as an "official dji battery" from a trusted seller, I think its bullcrud and fake. I wanna call him on it, but have no evidence (and i managed to fry the board while modding somehow, so im gonna hack these new cells with an older battery smartboard as a thanksgiving project!)

TsEtvrW.png

Haven't opened up a newer battery lately since I have bird side mod now but on all of my boards there is a marking (under the white sticker with s/n that says "DJI0617 Rev... L" along with a date below that.
IMG_1479444842.337038.jpg

Reactions: Digdat0
Haven't opened up a newer battery lately since I have bird side mod now but on all of my boards there is a marking (under the white sticker with s/n that says "DJI0617 Rev... L" along with a date below that.
View attachment 68931
Thanks. That's exactly what I'm used to seeing as well.
Edit .. I see that mavic open

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm used to seeing as well.
Edit .. I see that mavic open

DJI loves to put their name on everything. Also there definitely should be some liquid reactive stickers in there too.

Mavic getting a little work done [emoji106]

Looks great. What's the thickness of the copper wire bezel? I've been reading this thread with great interest. I see 24 and 28 gauge on Amazon but not sure which one fits. Please advise. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
24awg 1/4" and i used 3/16"

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI loves to put their name on everything. Also there definitely should be some liquid reactive stickers in there too. Mavic getting a little work done [emoji106]

here's some better pics, DJI name is not on there once.

yfMjEgA.jpg

9BKrfQ8.jpg

here's some better pics, DJI name is not on there once.

yfMjEgA.jpg

9BKrfQ8.jpg

Yeah that looks like a cheap knock off. PCB and the components look cheap and are in no way laid out like a DJI board.

Edit: Even the glue used to secure the wires is cheap and not what DJI uses on ALL their products.

Between what I read on here about DB losing time with a 6600 he had split and comparing my MS5200 vs the 5200 Horizon split and now you saying this, 3 strikes it's out...Thanks Ed

Between what I read on here about DB losing time with a 6600 he had split and comparing my MS5200 vs the 5200 Horizon split and now you saying this, 3 strikes it's out...Thanks

DB and I both tested numerous packs. He did more with the MS 5200 split and 6000 split if I remember correctly. We both we suckered early on with the split DJI battery. I have even split my own DJI batteries and they still suck when split 2x2S. Unknowncaller put up some really good numbers but I don't know a single person who put up anything close. I even sent Unknowncaller my split pack and he didn't do as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DB and I both tested numerous packs. He did more with the MS 5200 split and 6000 split if I remember correctly. We both we suckered early on with the split DJI battery. I have even split my own DJI batteries and they still suck when split 2x2S. Unknowncaller put up some really good numbers but I don't know a single person who put up anything close. I even sent Unknowncaller my split pack and he didn't do as well.

I was thinking about doin a MS8...Split up the load a little...I have 2 of them and one has a slightly weak Cell..Honestly I'm just gettin a little bored and needed something to do...

I was thinking about doin a MS8...Split up the load a little...I have 2 of them and one has a slightly weak Cell..Honestly I'm just gettin a little bored and needed something to do...

Hey if you're bored then go for it. It will be a learning experience. Like right now I'm charging up a pack that is puffing up a little. Got it out on the back patio with 25ft extension cord in case it blows.

who wants to help me troubleshoot my modded smart board to enable an external hookup? where's maxwell smart anymore anyways? I think he got one of these functional. I can get it to power, but it wont power on when i use the button. single led flashes. im pretty sure i have the balance leads hooked up right. thoughts? (its ugly, dont chastise me! :p)

QfkbcGs.jpg

ZtQCvqi.jpg

The placement of the battery seems best when it is in the middle of the phantom. I have yet to fully test out the battery mod since my booster ran into some problems, so here's a short video of my first attempt at a dual mod. Feels like it's not even carrying any extra weight with this setup.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94