Dual Battery Mod

My first run with my new battery's didn't go super great.. I litterally didnt stay in the air any longer than with a single battery .. Why is this? Only thing I can think is cuz they are new and not broken in yet.. The first thing I did when I got my new Benton fly 2300 is I charged them both at .5amp each to full.. Then discharged them with my charger down to 3.8, then charged it to full at .5, then discharged it fully down to 3v per cell.. Then charged it back up one more time at .5amp, I do this to help break in my new lipos. So I figured they were good and ready to make at least a 26min run for their very first run.. To my surprise it was only a 21 minute flight and I landed with epoch the 12 seconds left...

My question is, do you guys think this is just because my batts are still so new? I know they don't preform as well when they are new (not broken in) but assuming the charging and discharging I did to them before I even used them, I woulda thought I woulda got at least 5 min more run time.. I mean **** it's 4600 more mah!

Am I landing too soon?? I landed at 11% batt left and 12 seconds to spare... Another thing I didn't really like was the fact that once my main batt showed 3.75-3.8v it said "battery error" and I looked and my main batt was off... (No lights were lit on the back of the main pack) so I unplugged the parralel harness and the quad shut down.. Proving that my main batt was no longer working.. I then left the 2 venom batts unplugged and only plugged in my main batt, and booted it up, everything was normal again but my main batt still showed 3.8v

So what gives? Is this normal? After around 3.7-3.8v is my main battery suppose to just shut off like that? Sorry but this is my first dual battery mod so I figured I would ask the guys who have been doing this for awhile if this sounds normal or not..

To say the least I was not impressed :/ after all my hard work and money in battery's and making the harness and buying adaptors and connectors and battery wings, I'm left with the same exact run time for my first run and my main batt shutting down after it reached 3.8v.. Very annoying. I am very good with battery's, good with electronics and I know my stuff. I'm not some noob who just slapped some stuff togeher.. Just so you have some background about me and tbink maybe I'm doing something wrong..

I did however have a long warm up time due to the Cold weather but DID keep my battery's warm.. They were about 19c when I put them into the quad.. Also after my run my two external batts were 45 degrees, my main batt was about 80 degrees (normal for this time of year) it was only about 30 degrees out today.

Maybe it was just the cold weather, and the battery's being new and not quite broken in yet? I'm hoping that's all it is.. Otherwise maybe I got some bad lipos and will have to exchange them.

First off, welcome to the battery mod game, you are in good company. Your 21 min flight time is not normal, with the 2x2300 Venom Fly lihv I would imagine you should get 27+min flights. As long as the batteries are fully charged, you should get more than that, even if they are brand new. If the 2300's are lIHV, you can charge them to 4.35v per cell for a total of 17.4v .. how many volts did you charge them up to? they will get better, but that feels very low .. almost like one of the batteries wasn't putting out any juice. The battery clip has a LED on it, yes? Does it turn on/stay on if you remove one/the other battery? (Make sure both batteries are powering it)

The battery error thing is usually cause the external batteries have more voltage than the stock DJI battery, it can put the DJI battery into a 'charging state' and then eventually the DJI battery will turn off. If this happened inf light, not good and didnt help with your time. You neeed to make sure DJI battery is charged 100% and externals 100%as well, up to 4.35v per cell. Hook it all up and turn on .. give it a second. If the lights on the stock battery start to blink, its in charging mode. wait a min, it will turn off main battery. Just turn back on and you are good to go.

Also, cold weather can hurt it as well. I warm up my batteries with my car heater, then put in my pockets till i use them. If you have cold batteries you wont get alot.

Hope some of this helped. let us know :)

First off, welcome to the battery mod game, you are in good company. Your 21 min flight time is not normal, with the 2x2300 Venom Fly lihv I would imagine you should get 27+min flights. As long as the batteries are fully charged, you should get more than that, even if they are brand new. If the 2300's are lIHV, you can charge them to 4.35v per cell for a total of 17.4v .. how many volts did you charge them up to? they will get better, but that feels very low .. almost like one of the batteries wasn't putting out any juice. The battery clip has a LED on it, yes? Does it turn on/stay on if you remove one/the other battery? (Make sure both batteries are powering it)

The battery error thing is usually cause the external batteries have more voltage than the stock DJI battery, it can put the DJI battery into a 'charging state' and then eventually the DJI battery will turn off. If this happened inf light, not good and didnt help with your time. You neeed to make sure DJI battery is charged 100% and externals 100%as well, up to 4.35v per cell. Hook it all up and turn on .. give it a second. If the lights on the stock battery start to blink, its in charging mode. wait a min, it will turn off main battery. Just turn back on and you are good to go.

Also, cold weather can hurt it as well. I warm up my batteries with my car heater, then put in my pockets till i use them. If you have cold batteries you wont get alot.

Hope some of this helped. let us know :)

Thanks for your help.. This is why I'm confused.. Cuz I'm not new to lipos nor lihv.. I have venom pro duo charger... Iv been using this charger with my own made adaptors to charge my phantom battery's for awhile now.. I always have the charger in lihv charge mode when I chafe my phantom battery's.. I think the charger Charges them better and more efficient, it also tops them off better becuse I can choose my own amperage, I usually charge my battery's have half a "C" or less, this promotes long life and healthy battery's.. And a better fully
Charged battery..

This being said when it's real cold out I usually still get a good 21-22 min of flight out of my stock battery's, all 3 of them for that fact and are all very healthy.

To answer your questions, yes both venom fly battery's were charged fully to 4.35v per cell.. As mentioned before I even did a few charge/discharge cycles as I usually do when I buy brand new lipos to help break them in.. But before I went out for my first flight, I made sure I charged each battery over night all at about .5amps.. Nice slow charge.. This morn when I woke up I topped them all off once again.. Checked that all the voltages were at 4.35 v per cell which they all 3 were.. I then took them from my warm house.. Around 70 degrees, popped them into my phantom and away I went.. Warm up took about 3 min toughly and the main batt was at 19c when I finally took off.. Which is plenty warm to start with.

So when I took off I noticed that my battery time didn't start yet.. (This is normal from what I know, cuz the time won't start until the phantom sees a mah of 4480 or under..) so this made me happy.. It only took about 1 min and already my timer started at 25min.. Right then and there I had a feeling sometbing wasn't right.. Cuz Imo new battery's or not, cold temps or not, that timer shoulda gave me at LEAST 4-6 min before it started counting down ... So I figured well might as well run it and see what she does..

So I continued to run it, hoping that the estimated batt time was just wrong or something.. But sure enough after 20 min I was at 12-11% and decided to land..

First thing I did after I landed was bring the quad inside and measure the temps... Both external battery's were COLD only 45 degrees give or take.. I felt they should have been at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit (since they shoulda been doing SOME work)
I then checked my smart battery it was about 80 def F. (Pretty normal in these conditions for me to see that) motors were all around 45-50def F.

After I got done reading the temps I saw that the screen had a "battery error" and the battery lights were no longer on, the led on the clip was ON, and it was ON when I started my flight and it was ON when I got back from my flight.. So when I noticed my battery lights were off, I unplugged my Y harness from the clip and the phantom shut off... I then put ONLY my smart battery in and powerd it back up, battery warning was gone.. Everyrhing was fine and the voltages were roughly 3.78-3.80v per cell.. All cells were even ...

I thought well that's odd, so I took the two venom fly battery's off and connected each on to my
Charger and read the voltages.. Each cell of each pack were between 3.8-3.78v per cell, just like the smart battery...

THIS is what confuses me. I would have to agree with you that possibly one battery is not working or was not putting out any power.. I feel like only one external and the smart battery were working, and becusee only 2 out of 3 were working and there was all that added weight of the 3rd batt, this is most likely why my time in the air stayed the same..

I must have a bad battery from venom... It makes sense, cuz you figure they are all hooked up in parallel, so even if 2 batts are draining and one is not, the voltage between the 3 will equalize which is most likely why all three packs had around 3.8v per cell.. Yet why I only got 21 min flight time..

What do you think man? Maybe I should send up the quad with only one external battery at a time, and see which one provides the longer flight time ... The batt that's bad will most likely have the same time as stock, while the good pack should provide me with more flight time..

Maybe I'll charge them both up again fully on my charger, then discharge them both equally at the same time, and see if one finishes way before the other at the same amp discharge rate. This should tell me if I have a pack that's weak or not.

Just my luck, buy two BRAND NEW lipos from venom, to avoid this issue, and I end up with a bad pack anyhow. Least they have a warentee .

What else do you think could be the problem? Or are you right there with me on this?

PS: first I power up my quad with just the smart battery, THEN once powered on, and the green light on the connector is lit up, then I plugged in my Y harness which has both my externals plugged into it...

Also, the battery error message didn't come on until AFTER I landed, seemed to come on only after the packs had hit around 3.78v.. Above 3.8 it was fine, soon as the voltage went below 3.8v NOT flying, THATS when the battery warning came on. Very strange.

I appericate you taking time out of your day to help with the problem. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Which props are you guys using?

I always been using the DJI carbon reinforced props but i have a feeling these may be the issue i have cracked my P3P shell 5 times, 4 times the bottom and 1 x the top of the rear motors.

My new shell was fitted this week and will only fly with the stock plastic ones to see if cracks still continue to happen.. so annoying these cracks keep appearing... latest bird version and new motors design.

Noticed this happens even without any extra load or mods and just a stock bird... i dont even fly it that hard either.

Lucky my bird is still under warranty as dji repaired the shells for free.

Last edited:

I always been using the DJI carbon reinforced props but i have a feeling these may be the issue i have cracked my P3P shell 5 times, 4 times the bottom and 1 x the top or the rear motors.

My new shell was fitted this week and will only fly with the stock plastic ones to see if cracks still continue to happen.. so annoying these cracks keep appearing... latest bird version and new motors design.

Noticed this happens even without any extra load or mods and just a stock bird... i dont even fly it that hard either.

I have the new shel and new motors as well.. My shell isn't cracked (yet) I see literally 2 VERY small almost look like pieces or hair, beet short and very skinny lines on two of my legs by the motor bolts, but I have watched them since I got it and I have never seen them grow or get bigger/longer.. So far maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe they arnt cracks but just a defect in the plastic cuz they have been there since as long as I can remember. And haven't changed.

Also about the props, I am using stock dji props, cf props have a lot less flex in them, they don't give as much, so it makes tour quad more rigid in the air, and will cause more vibration on the quad because of this.. Many ppl like to use cf props cuz they can help increase in speed and run time ever so slightly .. Again cuz they have less give so the quad doesn't have to work so hard in the air.

The stock props.. If you just fire up your bird, give it a touch of throttle and keep bumping the throttle up and down, if you watch the props closely you can actually watch the props bend as the quad begins to thrust. This is why stock props are less prone to vibration and give you a smoother video feed, but slightly shorter flight times and slightly less speeds.

Reactions: Strat
On a side note guys, with my battery issue, I used 2 venom fly 2300 along with a brand new stock smart battery, I'm hoping that cuz all 3 battery's were so new Maybe that's why I didn't see an increase in time.. (Still woulda thought to see SOME increase tho) l

But I discharged both lipos from a full charge.. One was at 2380 another was at 2340 for the mah capacity on discharge.. One battery finished 10 min before the other.. Maybe a weak batt? Not sure yet gonna do some more testing.. What's odd is the one that discharged 10 min faster ended up having more capacity being pulled from it.. So idk.

I'm in the mits of charging them both back up fully from 3v per cell, I'll let you know the results in which one finishes first and which one holds a greater capacity in the end of the full charge cycle. I'm hoping that maybe it was just a glitch the last time I flew, like maybe one of the battery connectors wasn't making good contact or something thus only 2 out of the 3 were performing during flight. Time will tell with the testing i am doing..

If both venom batts take roughly the same time to charge to full from 3v per cell, and both venoms take roughly the same amount of capacity once finished charging .. Then I would have to believe it was just a bad connection with one of the battery's last time I flew. I sure hope that's all it was or I'm gonna have to call venom and have them warrantee me out a battery.

Next time I fly it, I'll make sure all cells are at 4.35 AGAIN in all 3 battery's, but this time I'll use my original phantom battery that prolly has 20 flights or so on it and gives me a consistent 20-23 min flights Every Time I use it alone.

I'll let you guys know my findings/results

I always been using the DJI carbon reinforced props but i have a feeling these may be the issue i have cracked my P3P shell 5 times, 4 times the bottom and 1 x the top or the rear motors.

I use stock props and the bottom shell had been cracked 3-4 times on 2 different birds; these are new design shells. After DJI fixed it for free, I decided to strengthen it using Plast-Aid on both the top and bottom shells and so far it has held up with battery mod. Cross my fingers!

Reactions: Strat
I use stock props and the bottom shell had been cracked 3-4 times on 2 different birds; these are new design shells. After DJI fixed it for free, I decided to strengthen it using Plast-Aid on both the top and bottom shells and so far it has held up with battery mod. Cross my fingers!

Yeah i have another 3 months left in warranty with this one.. will see if any other cracks appear over the coming months and already looking into the Plast-Aid method.. all 5 repairs/cracks have shown up no more then 1 or 2 months apart.

Hey guys I have some great news!! I decided after discharging my venom fly 2300mah battery's again, and charging them all up to 4.35v per cell to give it another go today.. The discharge and charge process went well, both battery's gave out roughly 2300mah capacity and took in roughly 2300mah capacity so I was pretty sure that I didn't have a battery issue with my new venoms.

I took it out for a flight .. This time all went well! It was about 40 degrees and rainy today, soon as the rain stopped I went for my first run.. The after about 1min in the air the 25min battery clock started and I thought I was gonna be in the same boat as I was on Sunday when I tried it and got no extra flight time.. But to my surprise the count down stayed at 25min for about 6 min before it finally started its count down!! I was super stoked and reached roughly 8k feet before it started to rain, by the time I was 200ft from my house it was downpouring!' I hurried up and hand catched it.. Brought it inside wiped it down, put it upside down over my heater vent and let everything dry out before my next flight.. I stopped the flight at 12 min remaining and I had been in the air for roughly 15min! So this was good news! Still never got to see how long it actually flew for cuz of the rain..

My second flight was a total success! All my hard work finally paid off.. The rain stopped totally and I managed to fly it 11,542 feet out! I was so stoked but it was insanely foggy out and I finally started to loose signal so I didn't push it and came back in, there was quite a bit of fog so my quad was actually a little moist when I finally got it back in the house.. My total flight time was nearly 27min! Seems to be getting better each run now.. (Lipos finally breaking themselves in) I estimate that once they are fully broken in I should see roughly 28min of flight time in the air..

I was very happy with the range I got in such horrible conditions, also where I flew from was not so great, lots of trees in the area as well as buildings.

I plan on moving locations this Sunday and now that I know the battery mod finally works right I will be going for 20,000 feet. Gonna try and make it to my brothers house which is like 4ish miles give or take from where I live.

Here is a picture of the 11k feet flight log..
f0fdb3680db428f1f4b041f51fd3e04e.jpg

I also plan to buy 2 Sunhans boosters too, from there I think I'll be set.

Very glad to finally get everthing up and going and working properly, I can't stop smiling that's how fun it was. It's gonna be my new rush. I better start looking for a second bird :p

So I came to the conclusion that there must have been 1 of the 2 issues last time I tried to fly and got zero extra flight time.. It was either 1. Because all 3 lipos were brand new, and it was only 20 something degrees Fahrenheit out.. Or 2. I remember now that after I turned my phantom on, I plugged JUST the Y harness into the adaptor clip, and then plugged in one battery at a time into the Y harness.. Where as TODAY I decided to instead turn my phantom on, then plug each venom battery pack into the Y harness first, and THEN plugged the entire harness with both batts already connected to it, into my battery clip.. I don't see how this could make much difference, but maybe somehow it did. Cuz today it worked just fine..

Only other thing is coulda been was just a bad connection somewhere with one of the battery's or battery clip, so that the phantom was not seeing all 3 packs.. And was only fed by 2. Not 3.

All in all I'm just happy it's fixed now, and all works just as I had imagined it would.. AWESOME

Hey guys I have some great news!! I decided after discharging my venom fly 2300mah battery's again, and charging them all up to 4.35v per cell to give it another go today.. The discharge and charge process went well, both battery's gave out roughly 2300mah capacity and took in roughly 2300mah capacity so I was pretty sure that I didn't have a battery issue with my new venoms.

I took it out for a flight .. This time all went well! It was about 40 degrees and rainy today, soon as the rain stopped I went for my first run.. The after about 1min in the air the 25min battery clock started and I thought I was gonna be in the same boat as I was on Sunday when I tried it and got no extra flight time.. But to my surprise the count down stayed at 25min for about 6 min before it finally started its count down!! I was super stoked and reached roughly 8k feet before it started to rain, by the time I was 200ft from my house it was downpouring!' I hurried up and hand catched it.. Brought it inside wiped it down, put it upside down over my heater vent and let everything dry out before my next flight.. I stopped the flight at 12 min remaining and I had been in the air for roughly 15min! So this was good news! Still never got to see how long it actually flew for cuz of the rain..

My second flight was a total success! All my hard work finally paid off.. The rain stopped totally and I managed to fly it 11,542 feet out! I was so stoked but it was insanely foggy out and I finally started to loose signal so I didn't push it and came back in, there was quite a bit of fog so my quad was actually a little moist when I finally got it back in the house.. My total flight time was nearly 27min! Seems to be getting better each run now.. (Lipos finally breaking themselves in) I estimate that once they are fully broken in I should see roughly 28min of flight time in the air..

I was very happy with the range I got in such horrible conditions, also where I flew from was not so great, lots of trees in the area as well as buildings.

I plan on moving locations this Sunday and now that I know the battery mod finally works right I will be going for 20,000 feet. Gonna try and make it to my brothers house which is like 4ish miles give or take from where I live.

Here is a picture of the 11k feet flight log..

I also plan to buy 2 Sunhans boosters too, from there I think I'll be set.

Very glad to finally get everthing up and going and working properly, I can't stop smiling that's how fun it was. It's gonna be my new rush. I better start looking for a second bird :p

So I came to the conclusion that there must have been 1 of the 2 issues last time I tried to fly and got zero extra flight time.. It was either 1. Because all 3 lipos were brand new, and it was only 20 something degrees Fahrenheit out.. Or 2. I remember now that after I turned my phantom on, I plugged JUST the Y harness into the adaptor clip, and then plugged in one battery at a time into the Y harness.. Where as TODAY I decided to instead turn my phantom on, then plug each venom battery pack into the Y harness first, and THEN plugged the entire harness with both batts already connected to it, into my battery clip.. I don't see how this could make much difference, but maybe somehow it did. Cuz today it worked just fine..

Only other thing is coulda been was just a bad connection somewhere with one of the battery's or battery clip, so that the phantom was not seeing all 3 packs.. And was only fed by 2. Not 3.

All in all I'm just happy it's fixed now, and all works just as I had imagined it would.. AWESOME

dude, thats awesome!! Sounds like it was maybe just break-in, or connection issue. Glad you made it! Now, run some distances and post to the leader board thread :)

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
dude, thats awesome!! Sounds like it was maybe just break-in, or connection issue. Glad you made it! Now, run some distances and post to the leader board thread :)

Will do! Thanks for the help buddy. I already got my next spot all mapped out .. I'm hoping for 20k :eek: we will see!

Reactions: Digdat0
Yea ,been in and out. I see you are putting some miles on your bird.
Been real busy at work, and I am tired. I need some time off.
nice to see ya around :) Alot of the old guys who were here stopped hanging out .. so i get all excited when i see someone :) Dont be a stranger!

Is it too offtopic to list here what have been done to reduce weight with these battery mods, to get longer runs?

Absolutely not, anything that can help ppl fly farther and have longer battery life is totally related Imo. Post away!

Alright guys so I just got back a hour or two ago from testing.. My first run went as I anticipated 20k all day long with out a hitch! I have pictures from my phone, that are screen shots off my tablet (sorry my tablet is wifi and I don't have wifi at my house)
6afbabef37db43ead7b8348e35f47673.jpg

I then turned around being 20k was the farthest I ever went ever, specially with my new battery mod and it was more or less for a test.. I got back with roughly 13minutes left! So then I knew I had to up the anti

My next run I hit 27k easy.. Full bars, no boosters,
937fdf56de57b0c6c1b04d069407d090.jpg

Noticing that I still had around 7-8min left once I got back I knew I could push to 30k so I recharged and did just that.
04ad8c3afa8664878e33b5cc4bc6550f.jpg

Un-boosted and I hit 30k with out a hitch, not a single drop out or anything, and I flew out to 28k at 270 feet!! That's it! When I hit 30k I only picked up my altitude another 100ft cuz I was gonna have a tail wind and wanted to catch it as much as I could.. Otherwise I coulda been at 270ft at 30k with full bars no doubt about it!

Only issue I had was with my 30k run my app closed out on my around 25-27k out, it got pretty scary but soon as I reopened the app it was back online with no further issues.. But I did loose my Trip coming to 30k I only have mainly the return trip for a flight log.
449c39009b2d5238057be74e0b871743.jpg
f95604816d5aa7295b1f9ac487cb3470.jpg

I returned at roughly 3min left on my batt.. And I made a few errors on my way out..so I know tomarrow when I go back to test I'm sure I can make 35k or so and that's exactly what I plan to do..

My first mistake was flying out after take off of my 30k run, I was talking to my buddy and forgot I was holding the throttle up as well as full forward up, and by the time I looked back at the screen I was nearly 1000feet in the air! Totally my mistake (not paying attention) so that was a ton of wasted battery.. The next mistake/issue (not my fault) was that the app closed on me, when it did my quad stopped and sat there for a minute give or take till I was able to open the app back up and re-gain control of the bird..

With out these two errors I'm sure I coulda went 35k maybe more.. Tomarrow I'm gonna sure try. Hopfully zero issues!

Man flying long distance is a rush and it's amazing, I'm totally hooked.. I prolly didn't need to buy the evo lite kit with boosters that I have on order but it will come in handy when I need the extra power (depending on location) just nice to have the extra penetration when you need it. The evolite kit + maxxrange antenna = serious range in my already crazy range -take off location.

EDIT: There was about a 5-7mph wind today, but on my last run it died down to about 4mph and I had a slight tailwind. 33-34mph on the way there, 34-36+mph on the way back

Reactions: chazz and Digdat0
Alright guys so I just got back a hour or two ago from testing.. My first run went as I anticipated 20k all day long with out a hitch! I have pictures from my phone, that are screen shots off my tablet (sorry my tablet is wifi and I don't have wifi at my house)

I then turned around being 20k was the farthest I ever went ever, specially with my new battery mod and it was more or less for a test.. I got back with roughly 13minutes left! So then I knew I had to up the anti

Noticing that I still had around 7-8min left once I got back I knew I could push to 30k so I recharged and did just that.

Un-boosted and I hit 30k with out a hitch, not a single drop out or anything, and I flew out to 28k at 270 feet!! That's it! When I hit 30k I only picked up my altitude another 100ft cuz I was gonna have a tail wind and wanted to catch it as much as I could.. Otherwise I coulda been at 270ft at 30k with full bars no doubt about it!

Only issue I had was with my 30k run my app closed out on my around 25-27k out, it got pretty scary but soon as I reopened the app it was back online with no further issues.. But I did loose my Trip coming to 30k I only have mainly the return trip for a flight log.

I returned at roughly 3min left on my batt.. And I made a few errors on my way out..so I know tomarrow when I go back to test I'm sure I can make 35k or so and that's exactly what I plan to do..

My first mistake was flying out after take off of my 30k run, I was talking to my buddy and forgot I was holding the throttle up as well as full forward up, and by the time I looked back at the screen I was nearly 1000feet in the air! Totally my mistake (not paying attention) so that was a ton of wasted battery.. The next mistake/issue (not my fault) was that the app closed on me, when it did my quad stopped and sat there for a minute give or take till I was able to open the app back up and re-gain control of the bird..

With out these two errors I'm sure I coulda went 35k maybe more.. Tomarrow I'm gonna sure try. Hopfully zero issues!

Man flying long distance is a rush and it's amazing, I'm totally hooked.. I prolly didn't need to buy the evo lite kit with boosters that I have on order but it will come in handy when I need the extra power (depending on location) just nice to have the extra penetration when you need it. The evolite kit + maxxrange antenna = serious range in my already crazy range -take off location.

EDIT: There was about a 5-7mph wind today, but on my last run it died down to about 4mph and I had a slight tailwind. 33-34mph on the way there, 34-36+mph on the way back

awesome results, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks man. My battery times keep getting better and better as they break in.. Think I had about 28 min on the last run.. Im thinking about doing a few little weight reductions so that I can get a few more minutes, I feel like if I can get 30 min of run time that 45-50k is not out of the question at all

Dito what Dig said...Good job man!

2nd flight on the MS8 split with much better results...50deg out this time 38min flight to 10%. The external drained faster then the dji battery...The MS8 ended at 14.2V and the DJI bat at 14.6V...I wrapped some foam packing material around the battery and shrink tube around that for a little insulation...A little early to tell but i think this battery may be better then the "unsplit" because it seems to fly a little smoother and faster without the heavy battery hangin off the VPS...Time will tell...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing