Dual Battery Mod

Look at the 2 links in post 1455 below which should answer a lot of your questions. The easiest mod is power clip since you can use it with any batteries. Make your own for $10 or buy one for $45.
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/1046085/

Where can I buy it for 45$? And how do I make it? If I could buy it easily I may do that.. But if building it was a real easy task with objects I have or can buy easily then I will do that instead. Is there a step by step anywhere that shows you how to make these? My biggest question is what are they using to make the pins/tabs.. Some type of thin metal? If I can just go to a hardware store to pick up what I need to build it I'll prolly just do that .. The clips seems to be the easiest rout for the battery mod. This way I won't have to worry about ruining any of my original battery's. And can use the mod with any of them instead of having to mod every single one of them.

Besides the fact less wires, less solder, less sealer= less weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I see the battery/wing holders.. But where can I buy these? I looked all over the net and can't seem to find any to order.

Also I see the battery/wing holders.. But where can I buy these? I looked all over the net and can't seem to find any to order.

Here are the links to some of the stuff you asked.
28 gauge copper sheet - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IX43HGE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_EOQCyb989ES4N
XT60 connectors - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETROGP4/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_IcRCybJ6GPRTN
14 gauge wire to make XT60 extension cable - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UR0N370/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_ceRCybDA6D924
Battery wings - DJI Phantom 3 Battery Wings
Battery clip - DJI Phantom 3 Battery Clip

Where can I buy it for 45$? And how do I make it? If I could buy it easily I may do that.. But if building it was a real easy task with objects I have or can buy easily then I will do that instead. Is there a step by step anywhere that shows you how to make these? My biggest question is what are they using to make the pins/tabs.. Some type of thin metal? If I can just go to a hardware store to pick up what I need to build it I'll prolly just do that .. The clips seems to be the easiest rout for the battery mod. This way I won't have to worry about ruining any of my original battery's. And can use the mod with any of them instead of having to mod every single one of them.

Besides the fact less wires, less solder, less sealer= less weight

PM @Procharged97 . He'll make both these for you.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A special thanks to Mandalay , we had a nice chat and now I'm all set. Stay tuned and once I get all my packages in the mail and get it all set up I will post pictures/videos of how it all turned out.

My setup:

-P3 advanced

-Modded controller with clean install kit -Maxx UAV kit

-Maxx UAV maxxrange antenna panel

-Maxx UAV battery trays/wings

-Maxx UAV battery mod connector

-Dual Venom Fly 25c LIHV 2300mah battery's

(All of which is in the mail and on its way to my house. The antenna kit and antenna/panel will arrive usps tomorrow...The rest should be here by the end of the week)

-Lastly it's test test test!!

Will post results soon! Thanks again for all your help Mandalay.

Soon to come, if I feel need be:

-Two Sunhans 3000mw amps/boosters

-1 Multistar 5200mah or better

;All to test for even longer distances (if need be)

Hey NoBiff, go ahead and start saving up for an extra bird right now, that's not a snarky comment, I'm speaking to you from experience I know where this path you're going down leads and you're going to thank me later[emoji41]

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Hey NoBiff, go ahead and start saving up for an extra bird right now, that's not a snarky comment, I'm speaking to you from experience I know where this path you're going down leads and you're going to thank me later[emoji41]

Prolly gonna do just that.. My antenna kit and antenna should be here today .. Everything else will be here by the end of the week, can't wait

bd61e102570e438e7215683bd99d52bb.jpg
09d9ccbacfc23280810eac42602c852c.jpg
68f4c77ed24501de3e7ee92df644d42c.jpg
f8ba8bfe32bb740dbe70231da42860e7.jpg

So my maxxrange kit along with my cable, fittings, and various other equiptment came in today and I got it all installed ready for testing. Just gotta finish my tripod stand mount for the antenna panel and run the cable through the wall of my house so that I can fly from inside (when I want to..)

By Friday my 2x venom fly 2300 lihv should be here along with my battery clip as well as my battery wings. Can't wait.

I'll show more pictures once all the equipment for the battery mod is here and when I get it all assembled as well.

Reactions: Digdat0
I've been reading this thread for a while and I can't find what 2S 7.4V 4500 - 6000 mah batteries are reccomended. I'll pass on splitting a 4S 11.1V battery.

I've been reading this thread for a while and I can't find what 2S 7.4V 4500 - 6000 mah batteries are reccomended. I'll pass on splitting a 4S 11.1V battery.

For the phantom 3 you want 4s batteries, either Lipo at or lihv at 17.4v. No need to split, use single or two connected with adapter. Many people love the multistar brand. I made a pretty good inventory of available 4s lips/lihv batteries you can find here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qLrchaUxJwYF6FadjLhklW_GQf_y949Ci6ZUjjTZ_QQ

Also here's my battery FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NUuhPPh1BoesdXXTFsT2HXic3qHCCKWehNnHQS0k1Yo

Hi my P3P battery adaptor arrived today, hopefully should work a treat. It can take up to a 6600 mah external battery. The forecast looks good for Saturday so that's when I be flying next..cheers.SAM_0529.JPG SAM_0529.JPG SAM_0530.JPG SAM_0533.JPG

Reactions: Digdat0
Reactions: NoBiffBetter
2ccc2d08f6ec44bce29a369d3a4789b6.jpg
f351476e68ca6ee88ec7762d31a8899c.jpg
19f07dc4b9d39c9d165f04f01f837894.jpg

Got everything I need except for a few battery straps which I have orderd, was gonna make my own but the Velcro I had I didn't like the way it held.. So I ziptied it..

My first run with my new battery's didn't go super great.. I litterally didnt stay in the air any longer than with a single battery .. Why is this? Only thing I can think is cuz they are new and not broken in yet.. The first thing I did when I got my new Benton fly 2300 is I charged them both at .5amp each to full.. Then discharged them with my charger down to 3.8, then charged it to full at .5, then discharged it fully down to 3v per cell.. Then charged it back up one more time at .5amp, I do this to help break in my new lipos. So I figured they were good and ready to make at least a 26min run for their very first run.. To my surprise it was only a 21 minute flight and I landed with epoch the 12 seconds left...

My question is, do you guys think this is just because my batts are still so new? I know they don't preform as well when they are new (not broken in) but assuming the charging and discharging I did to them before I even used them, I woulda thought I woulda got at least 5 min more run time.. I mean **** it's 4600 more mah!

Am I landing too soon?? I landed at 11% batt left and 12 seconds to spare... Another thing I didn't really like was the fact that once my main batt showed 3.75-3.8v it said "battery error" and I looked and my main batt was off... (No lights were lit on the back of the main pack) so I unplugged the parralel harness and the quad shut down.. Proving that my main batt was no longer working.. I then left the 2 venom batts unplugged and only plugged in my main batt, and booted it up, everything was normal again but my main batt still showed 3.8v

So what gives? Is this normal? After around 3.7-3.8v is my main battery suppose to just shut off like that? Sorry but this is my first dual battery mod so I figured I would ask the guys who have been doing this for awhile if this sounds normal or not..

To say the least I was not impressed :/ after all my hard work and money in battery's and making the harness and buying adaptors and connectors and battery wings, I'm left with the same exact run time for my first run and my main batt shutting down after it reached 3.8v.. Very annoying. I am very good with battery's, good with electronics and I know my stuff. I'm not some noob who just slapped some stuff togeher.. Just so you have some background about me and tbink maybe I'm doing something wrong..

I did however have a long warm up time due to the Cold weather but DID keep my battery's warm.. They were about 19c when I put them into the quad.. Also after my run my two external batts were 45 degrees, my main batt was about 80 degrees (normal for this time of year) it was only about 30 degrees out today.

Maybe it was just the cold weather, and the battery's being new and not quite broken in yet? I'm hoping that's all it is.. Otherwise maybe I got some bad lipos and will have to exchange them.

6bb77ee909f8405a9c992adc3ea59cd9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair