Dual Battery Mod

Depends on your charger. I haven't tried mine yet either. I also just read that the DJI "power supply" is a CC-CV power supply (constant current-constant voltage). So if that's true then there could be issues here. Maybe running in LiHV mode might be a better option since it steps down the power as the battery reaches capacity. Some conflicting information out there but look at these two threads...

This is Inspire and P2 info but I think it's the same for P3...
Charge Inspire Batteries with RC Charger
Good To Know Battery Info

I bought an extra battery shell to go with my smart battery board. will try and do something like silverwing noted when it arrives.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

upload_2016-8-16_9-42-51.png

i know, i have the board. i cant find the battery shell elsewhere though. supply and demand :/
If you just need the part with the button ,and so it will snap in the P3 shell, you can use the p2 battery shell. I think. The board is different but the shell is the same..

Hey guys,

I recently discovered something interesting about fully charging DJI smart batteries that I wanted to share with everyone.

When you use the stock DJI charger, once the battery is fully charged all of the lights will shut off. If you power the battery back on while its still connected to the stock DJI charger, it will continue charging for a little more, but it is still not fully charged! Believe it or not, DJI chargers do not consistently put out the same exact voltage, they vary. I had 2 stock P3 100w DJI chargers and measured the DC voltage output of each one.

Charger #1 was 17.32v and charger #2 was 17.35v. After topping off a P3 battery using the 17.32v charger by powering the battery back on after it was fully charged, I thought... what if I take this battery and put it on the 17.35v charger and power it on? Will the extra voltage of the 17.35v charger allow the battery that was previously topped off on the 17.32v charger to charge a little more? The answer... YES!

I next measured the voltage of my 2 Inspire 1 chargers. Charger #1 was 26.04v and charger #2 was 26.13v. After fully topping off a TB48 battery on the 26.04v charger, I plugged in the 26.13v charger and powered the battery on, again it began charging!

So then I thought, what if I can find a charger that outputs a higher voltage than the 17.35v of my strongest P3 100w charger? Will the battery top off even more? Yes it will!

Using my Imax B6AC v2 lipo battery charger and a banana plug to DJI P3 battery charger adapter, I set my charger to LIHV 4S and measured the output voltage while it was charging... 17.49v!

Guess what? After powering the P3 battery on that was previously topped off on the 17.35v charger, it started charging even more. After the battery shut off I popped the battery into my P3P and fired up the DJI Go app. The battery showed 100% and the cells were all at 4.34v each!

Using a charger that is as close to 17.5v as possible will allow you to FULLY charge a DJI smart battery, and it might even eliminate the external LIHV batteries from charging the under charged DJI smart battery that the stock 100w charger cannot fully top off.

Hope this information helps!
Hey Tony are you using a balance connector? I don't think my SkyRC D100 will charge in LiHV unless there is a balance connector plugged in. I see you have the B6AC v2...I know they have similar software. Also, are you connected to AC power or a DC power supply?

Hey Tony are you using a balance connector? I don't think my SkyRC D100 will charge in LiHV unless there is a balance connector plugged in. I see you have the B6AC v2...I know they have similar software. Also, are you connected to AC power or a DC power supply?

Hey!

I went into settings and turned balance connector off. This gets rid of the warning message. Also use LIHV charge, not LIHV balance :)

I'm connected to AC power.

Hey!

I went into settings and turned balance connector off. This gets rid of the warning message. Also use LIHV charge, not LIHV balance :)
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking at the manual now, don't see where I can disable the balance connector.

Use LIHV Charge @ 5.7A 4S
Upgraded firmware and disabled balance... set to 5.7A 4S and getting break error as well. I thought it was because I first just had a meter on the ends so I plugged it into the DJI battery. Same result.

Upgraded firmware and disabled balance... set to 5.7A 4S and getting break error as well. I thought it was because I first just had a meter on the ends so I plugged it into the DJI battery. Same result.

Is the P3 battery on before you hit OK to charge?

I only get connection break when I try to charge and the battery is powered off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT