Dual Battery Mod

Got the amps today, here is how I mounted mine since I don't use tripod, I use a secraft tray and device holder.
2f5ecdb135f27ff67f3ad757b85f8acb.jpg

be64255680da88f571e8a93084c92fff.jpg

f8521c4de85daffc758aaf4584eeb052.jpg

33e8b093312aeed133d53c030578dc53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got the amps today, here is how I mounted mine since I don't use tripod, I use a secraft tray and device holder.
2f5ecdb135f27ff67f3ad757b85f8acb.jpg

be64255680da88f571e8a93084c92fff.jpg

f8521c4de85daffc758aaf4584eeb052.jpg

33e8b093312aeed133d53c030578dc53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Nice set up its what I like to see people sharing there mods pic says a thousand words!

Reactions: Zuzua
Do you more seasoned 'battery mod' users do anything special to break in a new set of batteries? I have a pair of Venom Fly 2300 LiHV batteries showing today. How do you guys break in your batteries? Charge and fly? or do you do anything to 'season' the batteries?

Do you more seasoned 'battery mod' users do anything special to break in a new set of batteries? I have a pair of Venom Fly 2300 LiHV batteries showing today. How do you guys break in your batteries? Charge and fly? or do you do anything to 'season' the batteries?
All lipos should be broke in 5 charges down to 50% then go for it!!

Reactions: Lee SK and Digdat0

All lipos should be broke in 5 charges down to 50% then go for it!!

You can follow silvers advice, he's probably talking from a place of knowledge and I'm only talking from a place of experience, but I've flown my externals hard and down to nothing from the start[emoji41]
You will notice better performance out of them after 10 charge/discharge cycles

You can follow silvers advice, he's probably talking from a place of knowledge and I'm only talking from a place of experience, but I've flown my externals hard and down to nothing from the start[emoji41]
You will notice better performance out of them after 10 charge/discharge cycles
Yes from what I have read there is a chemical used for storage to preserve the cells.as you charge and discharge your lipos this chemical is dissipated.as we know lipos get better.

One more question .. sometimes the externals charge my main battery rather than powering the aircraft. I'm assuming this is because the volts in the externals are greater than the stock battery and the stock is then thinking it is charging? Or, am I connecting them at the wrong time? I usually do it right after the gimbal does its dance, but i've tried other and sometimes still have that. Thoughts?

One more question .. sometimes the externals charge my main battery rather than powering the aircraft. I'm assuming this is because the volts in the externals are greater than the stock battery and the stock is then thinking it is charging? Or, am I connecting them at the wrong time? I usually do it right after the gimbal does its dance, but i've tried other and sometimes still have that. Thoughts?
Yes that's normal what I do just before I fly I top up the Dji battery force charge then it does not happen!

Reactions: Digdat0

On the p3 you can also wait til "safe to fly" message THEN hook up externals and then as fast as possible lift off[emoji41]

Reactions: Digdat0
On the p3 you can also wait til "safe to fly" message THEN hook up externals and then as fast as possible lift off[emoji41]
See I did this the other day, was 20feet up and battery error shows in Dji go. I look at LEDs and they are flashing like they are charging so I brought it back and Landed. But, I hadn't topped off the stock one and it was at 97% whereas the externals were juiced fully. Will top off the stock and see how it goes, rather not discharge the externals.

I noticed mine would start to charge more frequently and just did the mod to the bird instead of the battery. I got tired of messing around and making sure the main battery wasn't charging before setting off. I didn't like the unpredictable behavior. In the long run, I think the bird-side mod is better than having to do every battery and then play games with your main battery charging sometimes.

No ,there is no reason to undercharge the externals on the P3, I have been only charging the LiHV's on the P4 to 4.31.
I just make sure to do the warm-up process with a separate battery and then shut it down and put in 100% battery and it goes straight to GPS then I plug in the external to quickly take off

Also, as your main battery gets more cycles, it will be slightly less voltage even when fully charged...So the charging thing happens more and more. I noticed my brand new batteries never had issues...It was the ones that had 30-50+ hard cycles on them that would give me the most problems.

Reactions: dirtybum
It's worth it. That's a good starter kit, doesn't void your warranty , you will need to get an external battery charger though

Yeah looks like I have to get one. Found one on amazon for $60. This purchase ks gettinf expensive real quick lol

I have a question about the modded DJI battery though. Does it deplete the DJI battery also when using it? Because that means once the original modded battery drained out in the field, I won't be able to use my other turnigy lipo's.
Sorry if its kinda a noob question, i just received my first phantom yesterday.

Yeah looks like I have to get one. Found one on amazon for $60. This purchase ks gettinf expensive real quick lol

I have a question about the modded DJI battery though. Does it deplete the DJI battery also when using it? Because that means once the original modded battery drained out in the field, I won't be able to use my other turnigy lipo's.
Sorry if its kinda a noob question, i just received my first phantom yesterday.

Yep if you only have one modded main battery, then you're only doing one flight at a time, i'd wait a half hour before recharging for the battery to cool off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak