Dual Battery Mod

Thanks. That makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I too have thought about scrapping the P3 battery in favor of a more powerful and lighter battery. Problem is, the DJI battery is pretty light for its specs.

Btw. Just finished up the FPVLR v2 with boosters install. Downgraded fw on the P3 from 1.5 to 1.4. Hyperion G6 1800s coming Tues. too bad it's going to be in the teens-20s and snowy for the next couple days.

I was just over at the site the other day checking out the dual battery mod and air side antenna mod they offer. I did notice they charge $90 for shipping and I still would have to pay shipping to them which kinda gets expensive lol. Do you know if their airside antenna mods work good? I'm running the DBS anntenna and have some boosters on the way and should be here this week to try. The battery mod and air side antenna though has me thinking going next.
There air side mod looks like a lot of weight with the battery and the sunhans. The fpvlr.com air side amp mod uses the main battery so hopefully when I get my bird back from them it will be working better.

Well, I was at 1.5 and from what I gathered, nobody has had a P3 drop out of the sky due to the over-voltage draw issue on 1.4.
When you backed up the FW, did the bird do all the DDD,DD,DDD. Stuff ?? Because when I tried it 1.5 to 1.4 It didn't do anything to indicate it was upgrading or downgrading.

When you backed up the FW, did the bird do all the DDD,DD,DDD. Stuff ?? Because when I tried it 1.5 to 1.4 It didn't do anything to indicate it was upgrading or downgrading.
Yeah, did all the normal beeping. Watched the light on the front of the camera gimbal and when it was done, verified by checking the log file on the sd.

I don't think the clone batteries are HV lipos (4.35v)?

Huh ? What gives you that idea ?

OEM
faff33c5f095338ea11de3c360ec2ed3.jpg

Clone
5e98b285c84eccb6789737ad5c57f15c.jpg

Has anyone noticed a difference in range between GL300A and B for the P3? The new C seems to have less power, according to posts, but what about A vs B?

Per weight it's better to mod a clone oem smart battery than use a 2 Hyperion g6 1800's right? And I don't have a Hyperion charger, so cost is better too for the smart mod since I'll only need to buy a clone battery. I'll be able to charge the modded clone through the modded host master battery right?

Per weight it's better to mod a clone oem smart battery than use a 2 Hyperion g6 1800's right? And I don't have a Hyperion charger, so cost is better too for the smart mod since I'll only need to buy a clone battery. I'll be able to charge the modded clone through the modded host master battery right?

I'd say so. More capacity but slightly heavier. We still haven't seen any real world numbers on the 2x2s configuration yet but it looks promising.

Clone battery
375g (approx)
4500mAh

G6
167g x2 = 334g
2 = 3600mAh

I'm not sure if anyone is charging any battery mods through the DJI connector with them connected to the main battery. It would take longer and I don't think the DJI "intelligence" can balance the cells across all the packs properly. Better to have a good LiHV capable charger so you can charge 2 at a time and monitor the batteries better than the DJI dumb charger.

Reactions: Noble 1
I have not split it yet. I am still braking it in , flying to 50% .

OK, keep us posted. I'll have a brand new battery to sacrifice soon. So far, have in my fleet nano-tech 1600, Hyperion G6 1800... 2400s on the way. Will be looking forward to how the clone/DJI battery performs when split.

Exactly

I just flew 4000ft out and 4000ft back with the clone battery. I had 3 solid leds. And on the way back I was fighting a 10 mph wind. I think the clone battery my be a bit better then the DJI battery. I'm starting to get some confidence in this battery. It wights 351 gr. And they claim to have 4500mah, 68.4 Wh, and 15.2V. So fare so good.

Reactions: Noble 1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom