Drone Laws in Portugal

Reaction score
Hello,

My friends and I are visiting Lisbon this week-end and I was wondering if I would take my P4P with me. Does anyone know the laws about droning in Portugal and especially in Lisbon.
Thx for your help guys.

I think you'll find that Lisbon is a no go area because of the airport. Maybe you could ring the Portuguese Embassy -(if there is one!)- for clarification.

As far as air ports. I live in Florida, I fly in a zone D no fly zone. Each time I fly I call the local tower. Inform them I am going to fly, give them my location, how high I'll be flying. At the end of the flight I call them to inform them I've finished. They are real good about me flying.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello,

My friends and I are visiting Lisbon this week-end and I was wondering if I would take my P4P with me. Does anyone know the laws about droning in Portugal and especially in Lisbon.
Thx for your help guys.
Check DJi no fly zones.
Lisbon airport is very near the center but you"ll have plenty of nice places to fly. Following the river towards Cascais you can stop in many nice spots and fly around.
120 meter high rule applies, avoid the usual government buildings, airports, crowds etc, fly consciously and you should get some nice footage.
Have a nice stay.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Alec200
Thx for all your replies !
Does anyone know if you have to have ask special authorisation to fly each time or you can just fly while respecting the 120 m rule and the fly zones?

Thx for all your replies !
Does anyone know if you have to have ask special authorisation to fly each time or you can just fly while respecting the 120 m rule and the fly zones?

No specific request is needed, unless you want to fly in specific no-flly zones. You can fly anytime but not everywhere.
Just keep in mind LOS, 120 mts rule and fly safely.

Thx for all the replies !
So everything went fine. I did a couple of flights. In Cascais, on the beach and around Cristo Rei Statue, which is probably forbidden, but it gave great images :)
So all in all, no big big problems to fly, just watch out for the airplanes who always take the same route to land at the airport.

Thx for all the replies !
So everything went fine. I did a couple of flights. In Cascais, on the beach and around Cristo Rei Statue, which is probably forbidden, but it gave great images :)
So all in all, no big big problems to fly, just watch out for the airplanes who always take the same route to land at the airport.
Glad you managed to fly and take some pictures/film.
Common sense and security should be priority when flying UAV. Hope you enjoyed Lisbon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart